Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Have any of you ever experienced this? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:41 pm
I have found that often when I come in contact with another 'true' goth (and by that I mean someone who actually identifies with the subculture, not a mallgoth.) I have this wierd sort of under-the-surface connection with them. I think that they must notice it too, because it always seems to happen the same way. We catch each other's eyes and smile knowingly, and we can talk like old friends without either of us feeling awkward. Most of the time when this happens we never see each other again, but it still feels good to know you had that sort of 'instant friendship' connection with someone, especialy in this day and age when being rude and obnoxious is the norm.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:57 pm
Yep, there are just so few of us out there that we feel instant connections. It's like "My god, so i'm not alone!"

Hel Daughter of Loki

Alma_Libre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:41 pm
I've done that many times and not just with goths but people from other unusuall subcultures. I do agree that it's because of the "so I'm not alone" sensation for the most part though...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:11 am
I feel like that could happen between just about anyone. Not just someone who shares your subculture.  

TheWitchGotRobin

Where Angels Fall

Invisible Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:57 am
Yeah, it happens from time to time.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:42 am
I had this happen the other day at the local art festival. Kind of neat sensation. I actually managed to exchange phone nubers with the person and probably going to hang out with them again. Always nice to meet a new friend like this.  

ShallowGraves

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:30 pm
Mina Lilith
Yep, there are just so few of us out there that we feel instant connections. It's like "My god, so i'm not alone!"

Yeah, that's the simplest way to say it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:55 pm
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Yep I agree with mina lilith

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Dante Omura

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:07 pm
It only happened twice, but it was pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:11 am
Not that I can recall, unfortunately. Once I was friends with a goth, but I don't really remember the time we met, so I couldn't say about that.  

littlewonder

-Isel-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:03 am
Actually, when I'm around people like that, I tense up for fear of saying something that's just factually incorrect about goth around them, and all.

Subconscious fear.

I tend to have that "So I'm not alone" instant-click feeling with stoners, drug addicts, new-age hippies/bohemian chic, and art-lovers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:22 am
Isel
Actually, when I'm around people like that, I tense up for fear of saying something that's just factually incorrect about goth around them, and all.

Subconscious fear.

I tend to have that "So I'm not alone" instant-click feeling with stoners, drug addicts, new-age hippies/bohemian chic, and art-lovers.

Yeah, I tense up too like that. It never helps that these people usually are ten years older than me.

I get this fuzzy feeling in my stomach whenever anyone can say something about my clothing, or we can actually talk about music together.

DOORphrame

Pudding sauce

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:52 am
Unfortunately in my area there are not all that many Goths meaning that I get the exact opposite, I get stares as in to say 'what the heck are you wearing!' I hope this soon changes in my town.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:29 pm
I don't always get that moment of understanding (usually because I've got a regular job and I can't look *too* gothy on the weekdays). But somehow it makes me happy to see someone else all gothed out in the sorts of clothes I'd wear on off days.

And though they can't always tell I have the same tastes, sometimes they suspect. Tiny things like jewellery or colour choice can give us away!  

Veruniel
Crew

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:25 pm
xX Baby Girl Xx
Unfortunately in my area there are not all that many Goths meaning that I get the exact opposite, I get stares as in to say 'what the heck are you wearing!' I hope this soon changes in my town.

Actually, it's like that in my home town too. The only time this happens to me is at the Ren Fest or other various festivals/conventions. That's probably why I ike them so much.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff