Reply ~ Main Forum ~
can u quit being a goth? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Door to Death

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:20 pm
Im not gonna do that,I just wanted to ask that question for a very long time.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:37 pm
Your life is yours to live so... I guess so.  

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

Omega_Dragoon_Wolff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:01 pm
No one can force you to do anything, it's your life, steer it as you will.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:43 pm
Well, if someone's personal tastes change after a while, then it's possible.

Not likely, but possible  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

ShallowGraves

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:44 am
Anything can change, but I feel that while everything does change sooner or later, people usually combine there past experiences and acts into whatever it is that they move onto, so part of the "Gothiness" would move along with them, into whatever they ended up becoming. The best thing I have for this is that people are not simply what they currently are. They are the sum of all things that they have experienced, an amalgm of sorts, which creates how they behave and act.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:53 am
as your life changes so does your way of living it , so yeah it can happen  

Exodus2

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:41 am
I suppose I'll always have a darker state of mind no matter what my taste in clothes, music, and etc are.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:18 am
I'd say it's possible, yes. Sometimes people grow out of certain interests, or their tastes change. It depends on how you define the term 'goth,' though. If you see it as an interest in types of clothes and music, then people quit being goth all the time. If you're thinking of it more as a tendency to contemplate the world and look for beauty in all aspects of life, then it has more to do with personality and people are less likely to suddenly drop out of it.  

Veruniel
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:06 pm
Can you quit being a goth, meaning you intentfully choose to cease being a goth?

No. You are a goth because of your nature. You cannot quit being goth much as you cannot choose to be a goth. You either are or are not.

Can you quit being a goth, meaning you simply cease to be one?

Yes. As you as a person grow and change, you can grow into or out of your connections to the goth culture.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:21 pm
it's ur life and it's up to u if u want to quit being goth.
being goth to me feels really cool though and awsome.
but hey its up to u dude.  

darkest_hour91

Hel Daughter of Loki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:27 pm
Nothing is perminant.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:08 pm
GilAskan
Can you quit being a goth, meaning you intentfully choose to cease being a goth?

No. You are a goth because of your nature. You cannot quit being goth much as you cannot choose to be a goth. You either are or are not.

Can you quit being a goth, meaning you simply cease to be one?

Yes. As you as a person grow and change, you can grow into or out of your connections to the goth culture.

I actually disagree here. If someone sincerely wants to no longer be Goth and is willing to put the mental energy it will take into changing, then yeah, why couldn't they? People can, when given sufficient motivation, change their natures with surprising effectiveness.

And no, I don't mean putting on a mask and *pretending* to be something. I mean actually changing who you are. It's pretty much what you said about growing and changing, but done by choice. Conscious change.

Most people never figure that out, but to those who do, kudos! What you said about not being able to quit being Goth is true for everyone except those who have the willpower to change themselves.

Still... Why would one want to? It seems silly to quit being Goth as it's relatively harmless. But still... You could.  

R-e-d _ C a r e s s

Shirtless Shapeshifter

Fux this account

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:06 pm
...the only way you can "quit being gothic" is by ceasing to listen to gothic rock. That's it. Its just a change of taste in music.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:47 pm
for me...goth is an issue of personality...
i could stop wearing all black, listening to bauhaus and all that.....and i'd still be goth because it's just how i think...
so for me to quit i'd have to fundamentally change who i am....for others they might just be really into the clothes or music or litrature.....and for them it'd be easier  

ketchakik

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:58 pm
Oh, you can quit, but If you ever really were goth, then you are denying who you are, and that's never healthy. So I guess I'm changing my answer: you can quit acting like a goth, but you can't change who you are, you can only hide it.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff