Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark thoughts as a child?
  Yes. LOL
  No...
View Results

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:44 am
When I was in elementary school I use to draw some rather twisted stuff in class. My personal favorite was the time I was drawing people falling (from...something) and getting impaled by swords that were falling with them. My teacher happened to walk by and she gave me this shocked look. I forgot what she said, but it was something to the effect of "Why are you drawing that?" "Are you ok?"
And once (In first grade I think.) I wrote "PLEES KILL ME!" and "Kill me or I'll kill you!" in big letters on a bathroom cubical. Not because I really wanted to die, but because I thought it'd be even more daring than everyone who'd wrote stuff like "s**t," "bich," and "f** u!" I guess when you're little you don't understand the concept of people actually having suicidal thoughts, which is why I was so confused when there were a bunch of teachers standing outside the bathroom whispering and looking all worried. I remember asking someone what was wrong and they told me some one wrote "kill me" in the bathroom and I was like, "Pstff, so?" rolleyes

Looking back at that, even I'm a bit disturbed by it, but y'know, I was too young to know any better. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:09 am
Not very dark.. (yes, I've had my pink and barbie-period like all small girls *shudders*) but.. in 3rd grade I was starting to get depressed and s**t (I actually thought of suicide more than once)... and I never wanted to dress as a princess for carneval etc at that age... vampires, bats and witches were more my thing... and I loved reading crime-books (where the murders were the most interesting thing...) so yeah... I was a bit darker than the other kids at my age I guess...

EDIT: I forgot to say that I liked to hurt myself (not like cut or hurt myself much, or something like that), like, I used to hand over the coach until my head felt weird from all the blood, and my stomach was hurting from laying like that... or strangle myself until I had to breathe... silly stuff like that... I guess I've always liked a bit pain...  

essenceofzedak

Dragonfire Goddess

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:14 am
I think I've always had a dark personality, even when I was really little and liked to dress up in pink and frilly stuff people were sometimes surprised and a bit disturbed by the things I did. I used to make up rather morbid songs and stories, then act them out for people. I remember one in particular about someone getting crushed under a rock that I liked. I used to run around the house singing, "And then the bones went SNAP!"
I have always liked scary things too, when I was younger I often begged to watch scary movies. Also I wore my Halloween costumes whenever I could get away with it. Sometimes I joke with my mom that I 'still haven't taken them off.'  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:32 pm
No, I wasn't really all that dark and demented, even now (sorta), but I wasn't normal. I mean, I looked like a fairly normal kid to who didn't know me or my family. I was just jeans and a t-shirt kid most of the time, and definitely not social. Actually, I hardly ever talked because I didn't see the point in doing so.

I got the concept of death really easily, but it never really effected me. To this day, I haven't cried, not even felt upset, at a funeral whether the person was close to me or not. I was just kind of, "Okay, they died, and I'll never see them again," than I continued on like "normal".

In second grade while all the kids were reading Goosebumps, I was reading James Patterson and Stephen King. It amused me.

Never once have I been scared from a movie, just a bit fascinated or bored. I couldn't even be scared that easily.

I did used to take the sharp end of a piece of plastic and scratch my arms and legs up. I liked the feeling. I called them "white lines," which is what they looked like since I didn't intentionally harm myself. I didn't know I was hurting myself. I even used to scratch little pictures into my arms and legs. I got caught and yelled at by my mom about how wrong it was. Just to say this, I'm not a cutter and never really was, but I am a bit of a masochist.

I suppose the "darkest" thing about me from that time is that I've been schizophrenic since late elementary. Well, then there were only signs and I couldn't actually be diagnosed because I was still so young. It's only mild and catches me off-guard from time to time, so, no, I'm not the crazy kid in the corner talking to the tree.

At first I was the "perfect" child in my Christian family. It wasn't until I started to get a bit older that maybe I wasn't so perfect after all.  

Dirzdra

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:36 pm
Not really. I was always sort of girly and wore a lot of pink sparkly things. I still sort of like that kind of thing, but now I'm more into darkish things, but I still like pretty things. Gah, I'm always all happy now that I'm in love!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:37 pm
I wouldn't call myself dark so much as red. Maybe dark red. I was a really angry little kid. I tried to kill my brother twice and I was pretty violent. I chopped my barbie dolls into pieces and pulled the legs off of all sorts of little animals. In a way, I just liked to watch things hurt. I would draw spikey, threatening things with all kinds of built-in weapons and essentially nothing else. I'm not sure if you would call any of that dark, though. IF you do, then yeah, I was a dark little kid. If you don't, then I'ma stick with red. :3

Fortunately, though, I got over all that anger. Ironically, I'm now one of the calmest, happiest, hippiest people I know. ^^; Go figure!  

R-e-d _ C a r e s s

Shirtless Shapeshifter

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:57 pm
Not really. I had my whole Barbie period, but it wasn't into the seventh grade that I started getting depressed and turning goth.
@Kitsune-Yokai
I used to do that with plastic too! Or my fingernails. It's not like I knew I was hurting myself or that I knew it was bad. I just thought it was fun! xp  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:04 pm
No, but I was always somewhat of an Anarchist. Whenever the teacher would tell me to recite my "ABC's" I would scream "NO," and refused to say them only because someone who had power over me told me to. I also hated that song "If you're happy and you know," and you had to clap along. I'd never clapped abecause that's what the teacher wanted me to do. hee  

Laharl Part Deux

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:37 pm
I saw Nightmare Before Christmas and years later I was still obsessed with it but, for the life of me, I couldn't remember the name of it. Suddenly, all the "goth" kids were claiming they'd loved it since they were young too, and I was like, "Damn it, now I look like a little poseur!"

Also, I was always very into occult subjects and a quiet, dark, bookwormish loner.

Edit: Oh and I had a "Barbie-massacre" when I was about 10. My mom was watching me doing this outside with my best friend from the doorway with my dad and told him she was frightened by me.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:00 pm
Kitsune-Yokai
I did used to take the sharp end of a piece of plastic and scratch my arms and legs up. I liked the feeling. I called them "white lines," which is what they looked like since I didn't intentionally harm myself. I didn't know I was hurting myself. I even used to scratch little pictures into my arms and legs.

I used to do that too! eek  

Dragonfire Goddess

CircleOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:05 pm
i guess kind of. i used to draw twisted stuff.

i still do it now, but the diffrence is now it's funny.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:51 pm
I have to say, I probably get a dark influence from my dad. He's not exactly goth, but if people were to get to know him and his taste of music, they'd think he was associated with the devil. Now as I'm becoming more interested, he confessed to me just the other week (I see him every sunday-my parents are divorced) "I don't know what it is. I'm not a satanist, but whenever I see or hear anything to do with the devil, I'm obsessed. I love anything to do with the devil!" And so that's probably where my psychoticness was inherited. xD;;

But as a child (and most people can't argue here!) I watched a lot of disney movies, but throughout my life, I have always loved the lion king, even now at 15 (going on 16), it has to be one of my favourite films, along with any tim burton classic and underworld, 1 and 2. But as a child, I remember my favourite part was when Mufasa dies. I was always obsessed with Scar being the evil one, and when he whispers "Long live the king..." as he stabs his claws into Mufasa's paws, and then throws him into his death....

....yes, as a child, that gave me a thrill....

...o.o;;;;....

...I also laughed when bambi's mother was shot...>___<;;;....

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:05 pm
Dragonfire_Goddess
Kitsune-Yokai
I did used to take the sharp end of a piece of plastic and scratch my arms and legs up. I liked the feeling. I called them "white lines," which is what they looked like since I didn't intentionally harm myself. I didn't know I was hurting myself. I even used to scratch little pictures into my arms and legs.

I used to do that too! eek

o.o;;

same here!

only I didn't call them white lines...I used to pretend I was getting scratched and eating alive by my plastic dinosaur toys...

gonk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:32 pm
I wasn't excessvly morbid as a child, but I suppose I was a tad more morbid than most.

I never liked Barbies, so when relatives gave them to me for Christmas or my birthday I would usually tear them apart a few days later, because, let's fase it, tearing Barbies limb from limb is just plain fun!

Also, as a kid, and even now, whenever I got any sort of assingment to write a fictional peice, half the time I'd give it a morbid ending (such as killing off most of the characters), however, the other half of the time I'll write more upbeat tales.

On top of that, my obsession with elegant fashion began as a child. I remember that me and one of my close friends would hang out at her grandmothers house a lot. There we would go through the encyclopedias that her grandma had, and I remember that one volume contained images of fashion from different periods of time. I remember that her and I used to fawn over how gorgeous many dresses from the Dark Ages through the Victorian era were... and now, ten years later, I find myself usually clad in elegant, historically-inspired garb.  

DreamerSpirit

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces