Reply ~ Main Forum ~
a broken heart Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rosalind_spencer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:08 pm
hello everyone, i need a little help. im now dateing this guy that i have liked for a while. the 30th will be 2 months...but i dont know if i can take much more and i dont know what to do

he isnt goth, and he keeps trying to change me...he is one of those really christian kids...and he dosent like my music so he wants me to get rid of it...he wants me to wear a little less black(even thoug i dont wear that much...and he wants me to go to his church, i'm christian too,but im a very liberal christian, i have grown up inj a quiet church where nothing really happens,but he goes to a church of God, and they are very different from what i am comfortable being around

i love him, but i just dont think i can hamdel this...can anyone help?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:30 pm
Well, what all have you tried? I would suggest something along the lines of talking to him about your own beliefs, and that he shuld respect those, as you respect his. That`s probably preaching, but I`d do something like it, if it was me in your situation (guy or girl wouldn`t matter).

So... I'll let you take the floor now. Thanks for letting me speak.  

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100

rosalind_spencer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:41 pm
thank you...and i have tried to talk with him about it, but he just tells me what i want to hear until the subject comes up again  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:53 pm
you may think and he may be telling you that he only does it because he loves you, but honey, look at what you wrote: he's trying to change you, 's trying to get you to change your style in clothing and music, he's even trying to get you to change your religion. he's not worth it. now of course this is only my opinion, and i'm not there in that situation with you.  

celtic_faerie

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:34 pm
I agree with her, but you should do what you find is best. Maybe that's not a good answer, but it's easier than just letting him change you. Don't let him say what you want to hear. Make him say what must be said.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:51 am
well i talked to him, and he acctualy agreed with what i had to say... he realized that he had tried to change me...he wants me to make the decision if we are going to stay toghether...i have a week to make my choice...  

rosalind_spencer

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:21 am
rosalind_spencer
well i talked to him, and he acctualy agreed with what i had to say... he realized that he had tried to change me...he wants me to make the decision if we are going to stay toghether...i have a week to make my choice...

How cruel!
All I can say is that you should make your choice sooner than a week. It will show him that no matter what, you are serious about your decisions (plus, I am against conforming to a timetable where the person who set it is all about making you conform). I'd leave him if it were me--if he really cared, he wouldn't be trying so hard to turn you into something else.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:54 am
That isn't right... love is about accepting and cherishing someone for who they are...

But you love him for who he is, so this is will not be something easily solved.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Adorkable Delights

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:58 am
THere are somepeople who just naturally piss me off these are the types he gave you a week and it almost christmas screw him he deserves to rot in his christian hell  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:03 pm
I don't know him, but from how you described him, he sounds really controlling and a little bit against people who are a little bit different and who have different beliefs than he does. I you really love him and really want to stay with him and are willing to change to be with him, then do it. No one can stop you. But if you feel that something is wrong with this picture, and think that if he really loved you he would be more open to the way you live your life, then you should do what you want to do. Don't change for somebody you know you're not going to be with for the rest of your life-let alone another month. Just do what makes you happy, and if he pressures you anymore, tell him off, kick him in the balls, and lock him outside without any clothes on. xd  

Corpse_Bride_131

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:04 pm
If he's trying to change you, he isn't worth it. People who put their ideas and religion on others are the best to be around with. In my opinion they never seem to care and are incredibly closed-minded. If you want to hope he will change, stay and see. If you want to find better, go for it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:39 pm
glad others help her too  

Adorkable Delights

rosalind_spencer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:37 pm
thanks everyine, im glad people are willing to help  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:40 pm
You shouldnt change just for that Guy and you shoukd really tell him that! If hes going to change/mess with your life to where your not comfirtable then you should say that you arent chenging even though you love him  

DJ Database

deathcomes_onsilentwings

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:49 pm
If he loves you, he wouldn't be trying to change you.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff