Iiiik! *plays dead*
View Results

Sugar Spirit

3,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:20 am
Three years ago I wrote a paper in my class about me and intimacy with other people, specially hugs. And that ended with the teacher sending me to a psychiatrist... stare (like that helped)
Back then I was afraid of hugs, after being shunned by people for 17 years. Now I like hugs, but only NEAR friends or family is allowed.

How do you handle hugs?
Do you jump in people`s arms of joy, or do you prefer building a castle around yourself?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:07 am
i go in for the kill, i love hugs esspecially when they are accompanied by a kiss but hugs are the best when you try to crush eachother with hug like love its grand!  

xX x0mbie Xx

Acerbus nox noctis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:11 am
It is quite odd that this topic should come up as I recently held a discussion about it among my friends. I myself am not too fond of hugs, even though I am aware that they are, in most instances, a sign of affection. I always receive hugs and such, but yet it just seems uncomfortable to me due to the physical contact. I will gladly give people hugs, but I do not enjoy doing so for long periods of time.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:27 am
I love giving and getting hugs, but only to/from other girls =/  

Aloquin

Kristoya

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:40 am
My god, hugs are my LIFEFORCE. I hug everyone; strangers, best friends, family, acquintances, EVERYONE. But the good hugs are reserved for close/best friends and close family.

I sometimes judge new friends based on their hugs. If I hug them and they give that half-hearted one-armed hug or don't seem comfortable, I avoid becoming good friends with them, no matter how much I like them. But, if I hug someone and they hug me back really well, like both arms + squeezing, I'll go out of my way to be a better friend to them. 3nodding sweatdrop That's actually how my current boyfriend and I became close. whee We both give really good hugs, so whenever we needed a good one, we'd go find each other. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:50 am
For a while, I was a little scared of hugs because I wasn't used to receiving them... but not now ^^  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:23 am
I love to give and receive hugs. I am a hug-whore.

So is my "sister", Angie... who also belongs to this guild but doesn't show her face here too often b'cause she's not on Gaia as much... *wonders if she'll ever see this topic*
Right, Angie? Aren't we hug-whores? 4laugh heart  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:01 pm
lol thats funny how you single out yer sister in a non conspicuous way... lol  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

-Isel-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:07 pm
I handle hugs with my arms.

Joking aside, I only hug people when I desperately want to be close to them specifically, or when I feel weak and wish to show it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:14 pm
I used to be like, "Ew, don't hug me!" Unless it was my family. wink

Now I love hugs from my friends. They're fantastic. But there's this one girl that I really dislike, and she seems to think that it's okay to hug me, even after I tell her, "Don't touch me. I'm serious." Whatever. I really hate it even more because I swear to God she doesn't bathe.  

x Socks x

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:17 pm
I do alright with hugs, but it depends who is trying to hug me... I have to trust the person, and at the same time I have to know the person... random hugs from people I don't know scare me.....  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:47 pm
I'm strange about hugs from my family; but when it comes to my friends we're always hugging each other. We're all really affectionate towards each other. Personally I love hugs heart

Shiiba

Oterys

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:51 pm
Devils_lilboy
I do alright with hugs, but it depends who is trying to hug me... I have to trust the person, and at the same time I have to know the person... random hugs from people I don't know scare me.....

I'm with you on that. I can't just hug anyone. I have know you just a little in order to safely give you a hug.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:58 pm
holy s**t.....i mean thats how i feel, im not good with any form of affection, which is why being a loner isnt so hard for me.....i wish i could change though, i want affection, but i just cant force myself to enjoy it.  

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

Hel Daughter of Loki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:23 pm
I'm rather open to hugs... I may not be willing to initiate a hug (for the most part anyways) but if you hug me I wont hesitate to hug you back. I guess for me hugs just aren't worh that much.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff