candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:17 pm
As well all know AT has been having its ups and its downs. AT goes through changes good and bad much like the real world. I feel thier are many issues that go overlooked and overstated in the AT.

Im just curious as too what some of the ATers have to say about some of these hidden issues, and since topics like this are now allowed in the AT since they dont follow the standards the guild is the perfect place. heart

Thoughts and opinions on the following...

1. Is the AT realy going to hell?
2. Elitism and Favoritisim.
3. Trolling / Flame ratings?
4. Oldbies vs Newbies... whats that all about?
5. Leaving threads, are they getting out of hand?
6. Tainted ratings, and Baised ratings.

heart Discuss em, share your thoughts... but please dont let opinion clashes get out of hand.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:21 pm
I have a couple of problems about the AT, I dislike it when an AT regular makes an outfit and gets good rates, such as 10/10, even though their avatar isn't all that great, but the thing that bothers me most, is that a day later or so, a newcomer to AT comes and has an outfit that resembles a regular and recieve poor ratings like 3/10. So yeah, to me favoritism is really getting out of hand. Also, flaming and trolling is soo not needed. Everybody complains about people being n00bs and retards, but what they do is, when going into a thread made by a newcomer to the AT, they flame them and don't add any suggestions, this does not help anybody, and most likely wont fix the problems the newcomer is having, instead of giving helpful suggestions, people flame, and then a couple days later, the newcomer comes back and asks for a rate, and the raters complain again. It's really their fault for not being helpful and fixing the problem in the first place. Also I really do not care who is an oldbie or who is new, all I know is that I'm not an oldbie, but I think I can make avatars just as good. Yeah I think that's about it. 3nodding  

Fresh Like Poop

Supa Saurus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:26 pm
1] Gaia is going downhill, for sure. I've noticed people get mad when they don't like your opinion. It turns into some kind of fight or argument. Which easily comes out of hand.

2] Not so sure. But obviously, people aren't taking in the fact the your item rarity doesn't make up how good your avatar is. I wonder why your thread isn't sticked anymore. Our newer people NEED it. D;

3] I think this sort of goes into the elitism/favortisim thing. So no comment.

4] Some of the older ATers get sort of...annoyed by our newer ones, because they don't accept our opinions. I try to ignore it all, so I try to find threads with people I know, to avoid all the drama that some ratings cause. Which is rather silly, people getting mad over ratings..

5] Too many people are leaving for unknown reasons. Most of them are people we don't really know, or have left anyway. They, for some reason, come back just to tell us, but they end up coming back to the AT anyway. They should just leave, most people wouldn't really notice.

6] Again, goes into favoritism, the massive exchange items or the too poor excuse. We get alot of that now. But, we just have to deal, give out our knowledge to our newer members so they can learn too.

[I think that took about half and hour xD]  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:41 pm
xMiLknCoOkIeSx
I have a couple of problems about the AT, I dislike it when an AT regular makes an outfit and gets good rates, such as 10/10, even though their avatar isn't all that great, but the thing that bothers me most, is that a day later or so, a newcomer to AT comes and has an outfit that resembles a regular and recieve poor ratings like 3/10. So yeah, to me favoritism is really getting out of hand. Also, flaming and trolling is soo not needed. Everybody complains about people being n00bs and retards, but what they do is, when going into a thread made by a newcomer to the AT, they flame them and don't add any suggestions, this does not help anybody, and most likely wont fix the problems the newcomer is having, instead of giving helpful suggestions, people flame, and then a couple days later, the newcomer comes back and asks for a rate, and the raters complain again. It's really their fault for not being helpful and fixing the problem in the first place. Also I really do not care who is an oldbie or who is new, all I know is that I'm not an oldbie, but I think I can make avatars just as good. Yeah I think that's about it. 3nodding

I dislike it a great deal when I get rated like this...

OMG ITS CANDYCRACK!11111!!! 10/10 you rock. stare Its annoying and useless.

Everyone needs to just look at the avatar as awhole and rate off of that. Ignore the name ignore personal opinions and just rate the overall apperance and look. 3nodding I also agree oldbie and newbie mean nothing... All that matters is that the person comes to AT on a regular basis and can enjoy themselves.  

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:43 pm
FECK its not stickied because when I edited it to update it with the information from the other AT 101 I had made it glitched and that glitch caused it to become unstickied. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:45 pm
candycrack
FECK its not stickied because when I edited it to update it with the information from the other AT 101 I had made it glitched and that glitch caused it to become unstickied. 3nodding

Erm..stupid new forum code? Dx  

Supa Saurus

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:46 pm
Feck The Bleck
candycrack

Erm..stupid new forum code? Dx

3nodding Page is looking into it... sad thing is it was a glitch and its already going on day 3. confused  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:46 pm
AT is a Drama nest, nothing more than that. I've been absent for a long time, and I intent on staying in the background, but one thing I've noticed is that the CB rates have all been shoved in the AT forum..  

Florentine

8,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Invisibility 100

Fresh Like Poop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:50 pm
candycrack
xMiLknCoOkIeSx

I dislike it a great deal when I get rated like this...

OMG ITS CANDYCRACK!11111!!! 10/10 you rock. stare Its annoying and useless.

Everyone needs to just look at the avatar as awhole and rate off of that. Ignore the name ignore personal opinions and just rate the overall apperance and look. 3nodding I also agree oldbie and newbie mean nothing... All that matters is that the person comes to AT on a regular basis and can enjoy themselves.

Yeah, I think so too, but alot of people give un-honest rates hoping they will be liked and get popular in the AT, sometimes that's how it goes though. I've seen a couple of people get popular and well liked for giving un-honest opinions. Well, maybe it's just me though, I can't expect everyone to rate like me, but I don't know, I just have this hunch that they are being untruthful.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:54 pm
Florentine
AT is a Drama nest, nothing more than that. I've been absent for a long time, and I intent on staying in the background, but one thing I've noticed is that the CB rates have all been shoved in the AT forum..

What does CB mean?  

Fresh Like Poop

Lil Hallie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:01 am
xMiLknCoOkIeSx
Florentine

What does CB mean?

Chatter Box. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:07 am
Lil Hallie
xMiLknCoOkIeSx
Florentine

What does CB mean?

Chatter Box. 3nodding

Ah, I thought she was reffering to a person or something. Thanks!  

Fresh Like Poop

Florentine

8,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:11 am
xMiLknCoOkIeSx
Lil Hallie
xMiLknCoOkIeSx
Florentine

What does CB mean?

Chatter Box. 3nodding

Ah, I thought she was reffering to a person or something. Thanks!

No, she wasn't.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:24 am
Ooh I can like pretend its a survey!! I love surveys! Okay after reading what I wrote I put more thought into what I thought was the most serious issues and then tried to be short and sweet and sarcastic with my short answers, for things I don't think matter as much (aka=numbers 4 and 5 don't take so seriously and hate me forever for ok?)

1. Is the AT realy going to hell? Nope, heart

2. Elitism and Favoritisim. Its not like the people of AT created these things. However unless you recognize your own behavior you cannot change any of this. And making a very elitist statement I think I know a good way to help prevent elitism and favoritism.

For one thing try and check out random threads that pop up in AT in addition to any threads you visit all the time. And don't just post and run, check back on your post in 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, and maybe even 15 minutes to see if the thread owner or another user made any sort of comment to your post. This way you are branching out of your "in-crowd" and showing that you will take the time to meet new people. And if everyone is put on the same level of importance when meeting someone that can help stop elitism and favoritsm.

3. Trolling / Flame ratings? Other then wanna-be Devisis/The Devisis copycats I think people take way too much previledge into that "You asked for my opinion" defense. Afterall there is a big difference between saying "Fox items aren't all they are cracked up to be, be sure you buy good cloths from the store first" and "You are a stupid n00b if you wear fox items". Both statements degrade fox items but I think most people would notice the difference of the tone of voice used.

Now there are times when user's have made threads for harsh and cruel ratings which I think is different. Afterall you are warned you are getting a harsh rate, you are warned this is not meant to be sugar coated. But when people go around to random thread with such behavior dispite whatever intention they had that harsh rate is an attack at the user who made the thread. Big difference.

4. Oldbies vs Newbies... whats that all about? I don't know, but I pawn you all because I was there when AT was born. You should all listen to me xd ...really I am the first bow down!!!!

5. Leaving threads, are they getting out of hand? Yes, unless you have cancer shut up xd !!

6. Tainted ratings, and Baised ratings. Indeed, the most severe is when people make extreme hate or favortism towards items. I feel for PhoenixEve when she asks for a rate gets a reponse about how she should take off the Buck Teeth and gets something like a 6/10. Come on one item is not *that* important. I love it myself when people tell me to get ride of the orange lol .

However favortism is harder to see I think. A person might not talk about how much they love so and so item, so when a person just happens to like an avatar it might be because of a baised high rating. I really try and catch myself from giving baised high ratings more then baised low ratings. Even it is something simple like I prefer the shoes they are wearing compared to other choices they could have made, I try to be objective.

Afterall a person is less likely to feel bad for over complimenting a user then they are for bashing an outfit exclaim Thus favortism is the silent evil.

Dorg Endo

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:29 am
xMiLknCoOkIeSx

Yeah, I think so too, but alot of people give un-honest rates hoping they will be liked and get popular in the AT, sometimes that's how it goes though. I've seen a couple of people get popular and well liked for giving un-honest opinions. Well, maybe it's just me though, I can't expect everyone to rate like me, but I don't know, I just have this hunch that they are being untruthful.

I dont know who thier sucking up to then cause almost everyone I know whos been around for a long time cannot stand unhonest rates. It just makes people look stupid too me and obvious in that the only way thier doing it is to try and get my attention.  
Memorable Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff