Reply ~ Main Forum ~
How do your relatives react? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OHEMGEEHallo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:00 pm
Usually when I go and see my relatives, and I'm dressed in all black, they just randomly stare at me, and go..."Why are you dressed like that? You're not gothic are you? You don't worship satan now do you? Hahahahaha....."

Really though, my question is "Why do they make such a big deal out of it, and think it's funny we have our own 'style'? (I guess you can say)

Discuss:
How do your relatives (aunt,uncle,grandparents,etc) react when they see you?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:15 pm
usually when i go see realtives i tone down my outfit to a black shirt and jeans. of course my mom tells them i dress like that i we go through all of what you're talking about. in fact the other day, my cousin's husband was saying he made fun of people who wore tripp pants and chains and then my mother told him i had some and then everyone started talking about how my mom might not know if i had peircings or tattoos, while ignoring any say i mihgt have that i dont even like piercings or tattoos.
we all probably go through it
i've finally gotten to the point where i just don't care anymore  

A Dark Knight

-Hija de Cristo-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:24 pm
My parents and grandparents don't really care, they just think it's me being me... so they don't say anything about it.
The only person who says anything is my great grandma... who says I look like an "amish" rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:25 pm
Actually, when I'm around my relatives.....my aunt is a trained psychiatrist,,,they talk about how womething is mentally wrong with me (seriously). They say that they all "know" that goths are trouble starters and I might secretly be a pyro or something of that nature. I ry to stop them, but they ignore me (they believe since they are older they know more abotut things when in most cases it's actually the other way around). it soesn't help that when I'm around themi get uncomfortable and am usually extremely quiet, then they think that I'm suicidal......... stare

.+Melanthios+.

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:38 pm
Mine don't really say much. One of my younger cousins asked if I was goth, and I said yes. On Christmas morning I was trying on my corset, and came downstairs dressed like this . . .

User Image

. . . to model itand have someone take a picture (the picure shown above, and yes I know I posted it in another thread but I'm too lazy to describe the outfit) and my grandparents liked the outfit! It's a little strange when adults react like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:31 pm
At first, they would freak out a lot about how I dress (tripp pants,band shirt,chains), now they dont say anything. I think they've given up. neutral  

some_dead_nobody

Gothic_Lipstick_Kisses

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:34 pm
My whole family's christian and at first they would say stuff about me wearing a dog choker chain and all that, but now I think they know that what they say just annoys me and they just kind of ignore it. It doesn't help that my brother decided to all the sudden go from rap and gangsta to trying to follow in my footsteps (except he's going down very bad paths) so now it's kinda the norm for us two.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:14 pm
Most of my realitives are actually interested to learn about the gothic subculture, and some of them like my clothes. My grandma sometimes gives me a look if she thinks I'm showing too much skin, but that's about it. I do have one aunt though who seems to be obsessed with geting me to wear 'preppy' type clothes. I have to give all of the clothes she gets for me to my little sister. xp  

Dragonfire Goddess

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:14 pm
How is a stare "random"?

My relatives don't mind.

My one uncle told me this Christmas that I look like Winona Ryder.

^^

I was lucky to have a family that accepts me.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:27 pm
Hm...well, I don't really dress goth, so, they don't have an issue with it. When I used to go around wearing black all the time they weren't really fond of it. And I understand why, too. But oh well. My family is cool, either way. whee  

x Socks x

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:38 pm
My family is just fine with the ways I dress...

though one time I wore Tripp pants to my grandmother's house (only because I had been wearing them all day and all my pairs of jeans hadn't gone through the wash yet) ... she heard the chains, looked down and said, "Clinkity-clang, clinkity-clang lol "  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:38 am
heh heh...

When I first started wearing black and wore a spiked collar, my dad said: blaugh "A chip off the ol' block!"

The rest of my family don't give a monkies.

3nodding

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:00 pm
My grandfather calls me Elvira. Which isn't the worst thing in the world to be called seeing as shes one of my favorite characters but when a dirty old man (will leave my real feelings about the old (insert expletive of choice here) man) says it to you its kinda creepy.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:24 pm
my relatives are pretty easy going about it actually.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:27 pm
I uh... around relatives, I don't change at all, and nobody bothers me about it.

As a matter of fact, I tend to dress even more outlandishly around relatives because they're people I'm comfortable with.

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff