Pekora

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:20 am
Chidori
English Translation: Lightning Edge
Justu: Ninjutsu
Range: 0 - 5 meter
Type: Offensive Attack
Performer: Hatake Kakashi, Uchiha Sasuke
Hand Seal: Monkey - Dragon - Rat - Rooster (Bird) - Ox (Buffalo) - Snake (Serpent) - Dog - Tiger - Monkey

Chidori was developed by Hatake Kakashi when he was the subordinate of soon to be Yondaime (Fourth) Hokage. The Chidori require a strong and fast thrust of the hand to quickly attack the foe. That is why if the user cannot thrust fast enough, the enemy is able to avoid it. Chidori uses up a large amount of chakra. Sasuke's limit is twice a day. When Kakashi was little his limit was 4. It's an attack that make the chakra visible to the eyes. The Chidori is only to be use against an enemy not a comrade. The performer will first perform the correct hand seal (look above) then draw chakra from their hands. It was given the name Raikiri (Lightning Edge) after it was said that Kakashi used the attack to cut through lightning.

Note: Sasuke Chidori Hand Seals is different from Kakashi Raikiri (Chidori).

In order to use Chidori, you have to have chakra control, be fast and aim correctly and that's when Sharingan comes in handy.
We see in Kakashi Gaiden how Kakashi can thrust fast enough and find his enemy weak spot with Sharingan.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyuuga Bloodline Limit - Byakugan (White Eye)

Founders: Hyuuga Clan

Description: Byakugan is a special eye trait limited to Hyuuga Clan members. When this Bloodline Limit is used a strain is forced around the eye below the temple towards the ears. There's a noticeable difference on the user's face: blood vessels appear to be pulsating through the skin. The user of this Bloodline Limit is capable of turning it on or off at will (after originally performing the hand seals). It appears as though its use has no negative physical effect on the user, but it is not known what kind of effect is placed on the eye after being used for a prolonged period of time.

When the user activates Byakugan, the user gains exceptional vision. This new vision allows the user to view an opponents Chakra circulatory system. The user also has a field of vision, which is almost 360 degrees, minimizing the blind spot. In addition to this, the users range of vision can increase over a very long distance. The strength of this vision may depend on the ability of the user. The increase in range of vision complements the new field of vision. This allows the user to detect, without effort, any action within a 15m radius (the small blind spot is counted as an exception). The Byakugan user boasts an advantage in the field of close combat due to the vision and sense of nearby surroundings he/she has.

Apparently, and as you all may have noticed, Byakugan and Sharingan both specialize in different things, but they also share the same caracteristic: both can percieve motions to a different level than the common eye.

So discuss why you think Neji can or cannot learn Chidori. ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:46 pm
I guess so? Chidori isn't restricted to a certain bloodline. And the Byakugan and Sharingan are similar. Neji can use fast thrusts with his hands. I bet he could be taught Chidori.  

What the Pho

Kexita

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:26 pm
I think it really depends on chakra affinity. I think if the affinity is lightining it would be okay, but we don't know Neji's chakra affinities. So...maybe? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:50 pm
In theory it could work.  

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

vampiretrees

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:11 pm
It's random but it would probably work.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:42 pm
Kexita
I think it really depends on chakra affinity. I think if the affinity is lightining it would be okay, but we don't know Neji's chakra affinities. So...maybe? sweatdrop
User Image

Sasuke's natural chakra affinity is fire yet it also became lightining; so I'm sure even if Neji's chakra nature is different from lightning he could still learn it.

User Image

Historical

Kexita

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:14 pm
Historical
Kexita
User Image

Sasuke's natural chakra affinity is fire yet it also became lightining; so I'm sure even if Neji's chakra nature is different from lightning he could still learn it.

User Image

Indeed. 3nodding But what if Neji's affinity was something like water or wind? I don't think water or wind can turn into lighting. So...my theory is that if he has fire or lighting based affinity, it would be all good. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:37 am
User Image

I'd think he'd be wind though.
Considering wind is good for close combat people. o 3o

User Image

Historical

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:47 am
It's possible, but is it probable? I'd say no.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:32 am
Sasuke's affinity is fire. Supposedly (fire runs in the family).

It requires being taught. Kakashi himself made the jutsu, and Neji can't just FIGURE it out. But he could learn it through a teacher, yes. Most of them could, except people like... well, Shikamaru is the only person I can think of who's always running out of stamina. Maybe Kiba, too.

Anyone else run out of stamina really fast? >_>;;  

Syndactyly

Crimson Cupcake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:39 am
ninja He probably could. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:54 pm
That would be lame.

Besides, Neji is too busy getting it on with his sensei to learn such trivial things.  

EwYouNerd

Pekora

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:17 pm
What the Pho
I guess so? Chidori isn't restricted to a certain bloodline. And the Byakugan and Sharingan are similar. Neji can use fast thrusts with his hands. I bet he could be taught Chidori.

probably, he can take to a whole different level with Byakugan =O  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:19 pm
Kexita

Kakashi can do Suiton without problems =/...why should it be different to Neji?  

Pekora

Pekora

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:21 pm
mofoslotmachine
It's possible, but is it probable? I'd say no.

Aren't you contradicting yourself?  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces