Submit

link freak131

Fashionable Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:37 pm
I made a fabulous tektek this moring, so, I asked for some rates for it. I got one super bad rate on it, and one super good rate on it. gonk They were both rates from two very good people who seemed to have a nice sence of style also.

Maybe it's just me, but I think some Gaian's are starting to change their taste for certain avatars. Do you see this too, or, is it really just me? @_@

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:17 pm
Yes.  

Ericotto

Neko Pon Pon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:39 pm
Yes, I too, has been banned from the land of "coolness". I'm no longer pretty. gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:25 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I'm not sure that people's tastes, persay, are
changing. More the fads of the AT. Someone
could think an avatar is amazing, but if it
doesn't abide by the current fad, it's bad.
So really, it depends on if the rater is
rating based on taste or fad. And even then,
everyone's tastes are different. Just gotta
go with the majority, I suppose.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[Carly]

The Vorpal Tom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:29 pm
I'm not sure why, but it seems that I have been getting continuously better rates as time has gone on, at least with this avatar. I never expected it to do so well, and now it is even doing pretty good in the Avatar Arena. I just made it on a whim...

but I do agree that things are changing. I guess change can be a good thing though...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:13 am
User Image
Its was odd when I first came to the AT it seemed that how the avatar looked, despite matching was the key to making a good avatar. I cannot tell you the amount of people wearing the pimp hat, NMbusiter, and Dried Grass skirt. They don't really match but thats a award reading avatar right there. It was all about the general appearance.

Then in a few month hiatus from Gaia I returned to the AT, where it was "those blues are a one shade of minus 1" It become a color Nazi AT. Right now though, I am slowly returning to the AT and again I am noticing a change, color Nazis are no longer a huge part, and people now seem to tell you why your avatar suck, cause of donation items over use, or that they just don't like a certain item so 2/10 for you. But thats only a few. Others love any avatar, please rate back, type of deal.

So as of now, not everyone judging the same, so rates are varied which I'm loving.

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

Sexual Innuendo

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:49 am
I've noticed that over the years, the AT has gotten a lot more lenient. It's kind of annoying when you see all these newbies with only 5 or so items on getting 7s and 8s. It won't help them improve at all. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:51 pm
-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

User ImageUser Image

Yeah. Bit different then when I first ventured into AT 7 or 8 months ago even. Also a lot more people who likely have never been outside of Chatterbox coming in with pathetic avis and getting decent rates. Until someone decides to go full-blown and tell them to start over.

-[[Yreka!]]-

Annaki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:42 pm
It is kind of bugging me too. Especially how newbies are getting good rates for their unmatching and bare avatars. Plus I have no clue what is the latest fad in AT right. The latest MCs? The Halo?  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:41 am
that's happened to me many times.
i made this tek-tek, and there were two people that seemed to have really good styles.
one said that it was one of the best avi's they'd ever seen, while another said that they couldn't give any suggestions for it because they just didn't like it at all, so how could they give suggestions?
><

Authenticity

Skittlesfairy

Shy Browser

7,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Newbie Helper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:04 pm
I've noticed that, I think people have just started becoming a lot more lenient because people are getting criticized more for their "harsh" rates.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:54 am
Sexual Innuendo
I've noticed that over the years, the AT has gotten a lot more lenient. It's kind of annoying when you see all these newbies with only 5 or so items on getting 7s and 8s. It won't help them improve at all. gonk
really I found the opposite, every time I check back in the AT they are really hard on me.. whee  

Plaid_Panda

Authenticity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:28 pm
Sexual Innuendo

i've seen that!
bugs the crap out of me.
i'm just like "WTF, THAT'S NOT AN AVI."
D<
although it's not the newbs giving other newbs rates.
it's people who have maybe been on gaia a month.
with the month's donation items.
argh.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:42 pm
I'm really bothered by both sides of it all. I think the AT has definitely become more lenient because, well, the AT kind of had a reputation for being mean. And lots of people started calling low ratings flames. Which is really irritating to me. But then rates like -1249038214372/10 or you suck/10 and stuff like that also seems to be depleting to me. Which is good.

That was mostly commenting on the other comments though, wasn't it? XD I'd forgotten what that actual topic was about.

Getting two drastically different rates from two ATers that you respect. Definitely had that. I've gotten such a wide array on this particular avatar. It's insane. Some people calling it amazing and they love it and all and then other saying it needs a lot of work. O: Confusing. (:

Dollanganger

mmli94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:47 pm
definately. maybe they just have different tastes; that's all sad  

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out