Submit

What's so historical about you?
  My best friend is a moron.
  Seriously =/
View Results

Historical

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:32 pm
User Image

My friend is completely confused and extremely stubborn so I wanted to get a second opinion on this.

My friend whom is obviously wrong thinks that the Rasengan itsself is a jutsu only people of the wind chakra nature can use. Along with this he also thinks that people with an affinity to an element means that they have two chakra natures.
Because of this he also thinks that Jiraiya, and Yondaime had wind nature chakra and that Kakashi has an affinity towards wind since they could all use the Rasengan.

Now I've told him what the Rasengan is and how it is made and how it can be used by anyone but he is extremely stubborn so I'm just wondering what the rest of you think about the subject.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:24 am
Isn't the Rasengan pure chakra manipulation? And I remember Kakashi stating that it was an incomplete jutsu, and that the Yondaime failed to combine it with the wind element. Your friend can re-read that chapter where Kakashi explains everything, and it should be there.

People usually have only one chakra source, but it can have different attributes. Normal chakra doesn't count as an element, thus isn't another chakra nature. That being said, since jinchuuriki have two sources of chakra, they might also have more chakra natures...but that's beside the point.

Edit: Sheesh, I was editing my own post because when I re-read it again it I remembered that Sasuke was attributed to both Fire and Lightning...^^0.

Lady Okori

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:05 am
Historical
User Image

My friend is completely confused and extremely stubborn so I wanted to get a second opinion on this.

My friend whom is obviously wrong thinks that the Rasengan itsself is a jutsu only people of the wind chakra nature can use. Along with this he also thinks that people with an affinity to an element means that they have two chakra natures.
Because of this he also thinks that Jiraiya, and Yondaime had wind nature chakra and that Kakashi has an affinity towards wind since they could all use the Rasengan.

Now I've told him what the Rasengan is and how it is made and how it can be used by anyone but he is extremely stubborn so I'm just wondering what the rest of you think about the subject.

User Image
Slap him.

Affinity: A natural attraction to a chakra element
    ex: Kakashi is naturally attracted to the element lightning.
Nature: Something one implements into the chakra.
    Chouji changes his body by mending the chakra.

Am I right? See, the English words for everything get me lost.
Nature is, the "shape" or "density" of the chakra, is it not?
Don't call me names and crap... Say I'm stupid. I really just don't get that part.
At least I'm not pretending to know it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:07 am
xRyuuki
Isn't the Rasengan pure chakra manipulation? And I remember Kakashi stating that it was an incomplete jutsu, and that the Yondaime failed to combine it with the wind element. Your friend can re-read that chapter where Kakashi explains everything, and it should be there.

People usually have only one chakra source, but it can have different attributes. Normal chakra doesn't count as an element, thus isn't another chakra nature. That being said, since jinchuuriki have two sources of chakra, they might also have more chakra natures...but that's beside the point.

Edit: Sheesh, I was editing my own post because when I re-read it again it I remembered that Sasuke was attributed to both Fire and Lightning...^^0.
Is that certain? I know his affinity is fire. But I don't believe that one has to have an affinity of a type to use a jutsu.

Kakashi's affinity is lightning. However, he can easily use Suiton, as though it were his affinity. But it isn't...  

Syndactyly

Pekora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:56 am
Rasengan = Shape Manipulation

Affinity / Element (Ex: Wind): The person with that Affinity is able to cast wind jutsus without much effort. But since fire is it's counterpart, the user may have difficulties using fire jutsus.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:55 am
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

Affinity / Element (Ex: Wind): The person with that Affinity is able to cast wind jutsus without much effort. But since fire is it's counterpart, the user may have difficulties using fire jutsus.
I've got affinity/element down.

I just don't get what people mean by "chakra nature."

There's Human and non-Human chakra...  

Syndactyly

Pekora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:21 pm
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

I think they mean ''the elemental affinity of a person''.

So you say there's human chakra, and nature chakra?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:50 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

So Chakra nature IS the affinity. >_>;

Theoretically, yes. That's how it is with real Chakra. Who knows how it is in Naruto. xd  

Syndactyly

Pekora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:38 pm
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3

Theoretically, yes. That's how it is with real Chakra. Who knows how it is in Naruto. xd

You mean the actual legend of India?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:02 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee

It's not just India. Japan, China... that whole part of the world.  

Syndactyly

Pekora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:45 pm
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee

but what about Chi and Ki? werent those from Japan D=?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:50 pm
Shikalee
Historical
User Image

User Image
Slap him.

Affinity: A natural attraction to a chakra element
    ex: Kakashi is naturally attracted to the element lightning.
Nature: Something one implements into the chakra.
    Chouji changes his body by mending the chakra.

Am I right? See, the English words for everything get me lost.
Nature is, the "shape" or "density" of the chakra, is it not?
Don't call me names and crap... Say I'm stupid. I really just don't get that part.
At least I'm not pretending to know it. sweatdrop
User Image

Can't he lives to far away. )':
I told him that if I'm right I'm gonna punch him in the chest the next time I see him though.
3nodding

User Image

Historical

Historical

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:02 pm
User Image

My theories towards the subject:

Affinity towards an element- One is able to use the element easily but is unable to incorporate it with other jutsus such as the Rasengan.

Chakra nature- Not only does one lean towards an element the element also allows them to do things that others that do not have that chakra nature cannot do. They can also incorporate such natures into other jutsus without chakra elements.
Example: Fuuton: Rasengan

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:49 pm
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee
Juuyonbi_No_Peko_=3
Shikalee

but what about Chi and Ki? werent those from Japan D=?
They're from China, too. The languages are very similar.  

Syndactyly

Pekora

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:44 pm
Historical
User Image

My theories towards the subject:

Affinity towards an element- One is able to use the element easily but is unable to incorporate it with other jutsus such as the Rasengan.

Chakra nature- Not only does one lean towards an element the element also allows them to do things that others that do not have that chakra nature cannot do. They can also incorporate such natures into other jutsus without chakra elements.
Example: Fuuton: Rasengan

User Image

Nature manipulation + Shape manipulation = Something only Naruto can do.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff