Witch Crafting: Do it yourself pendulum board Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:14 pm
Alright, so you call yourself a Witch, a Pagan or what have you. You've read the books, you practice the rituals, and you cast your spells, but there's a lot more to it than all of that.

During my many wanderings, I've come acros a number of Pagan oriented craft projects, from decorations, to making your own candles and soaps as well as tools, and this little corner I stake out in the name of magickal handicrafts! I'll update as often as material and my work/school schedule will allow, and provide links to the projects in this post so you don't have to hunt for what you need. wink

With that said, on to the crafts!

Crafts:
Pendulum Board

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:33 pm
Pendulum Board

User Image

These are very nifty things to have for pendulum work, and very expensive to go out and buy (I know, I bought one sweatdrop ). But, they are also very simple to make, and can be made out of anything: fabric, a piece of wood (like a cutting oard that could be picked up at your local dollar store), poster board, or even a piece of paper should all else fail.

For this project, we're going to use cloth, since that way it can be folded up and placed into a pocket, bag or purse and taken any where.

What you need:
Fabric
Needle/thread or pinking sheers
Fabric paint

~ Start off with a plain piece of fabric cut to be about the same size as a piece of paper (8.5/11 inches). To prevent the fabric from fraying, if you're handy with needle and thread or a sewing machine, sew just along all four edges of the fabric. If your sewing skills are lacking, cut the fabric out with pinking sheers. These are specialty scissors with jagged blades that leave a zig-zagging/crimped looking cut.

User Image

The fabric can be in any colour or pattern that appeals to you, or you can select one that will magnify what you're hoping to accomplish, so make sure to keep your colour corresondences in mind. Here's a quick reference guide:

Purple: Psychic Attunement
Red: Love/Passion
Green: Luck/Money
Black: Protection
White: Purification

~ Next, lay your fabric down flat. With your fabric paint (you can buy these in tubes with applicators to make this simple) write out "yes" and "no". I've found it best to have "yes" on the top edge and the bottome edge, and "no" on the right and left edges, but again, go with what feels right for you!

User Image

If you're really ambitious, you can put "maybe" or "don't know" in each corner.

And with that, you have a very simple and functional pendulum board. You can decorate it any way you like, or could use iron on transfers in place of fabric paint and simple print off a design from your computer. You can include letters and numbers, if space will allow. Remember, this is your project, so have fun!

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:55 pm
I suppose that if you'll be using that thing to speak with spirits, instead of divination, a disclaimer is in order. WATCH OUT WHAT YOU CALL! NASTIES CAN COME THROUGH ONE OF THOSE!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:08 pm
fix the pics sweatdrop , its massive. but yes i think this thread is a wonderful idea. like when im looking for something in my house and its taking me FOREVER to find it, i'll draw a scale (as best to scale as possible) floor plan, and hold a pendulum over it, where ever it spins or rotates is most likely where the object is....it worked when i was looking for my xbox my sister stole xd  

Akwila

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:21 am
There, pic resized. Sorry about the original; I was dashing out the door and didn't realize how huge it was. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:23 am
I'd like to see a 'make your own book of shadows' instead. =P I know what I want mine to look like, and I think I know what techniques to use, but still... having instruction would be more than awesome!  

Starlock
Crew

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:41 pm
Starlock
I'd like to see a 'make your own book of shadows' instead. =P I know what I want mine to look like, and I think I know what techniques to use, but still... having instruction would be more than awesome!

I'll see what I can do with that one, but that's uaully something pretty personal and there's no real set way for espablishing one. What are you looking fo do with yours?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:19 pm
I've yet to make one.

I wanna get a few woods panels to make the case, and then get a wood burner and put some design on the cover.

Quadadiddle
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:28 pm
Quadadiddle
I've yet to make one.

I wanna get a few woods panels to make the case, and then get a wood burner and put some design on the cover.
Right now, mine is a dollar-store booklet with a black cover and a dark red elsatic to keep it closed. On the inner page I draw my personal symbol, but that's pretty much it. Hmm, haven't written in it for a while.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:55 pm
It would be neat to see something on how to make a tarot bag. I'm attempting one right now, if it turns out decently, may I post a pic here?  

Keistera

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:49 am
Keistera
It would be neat to see something on how to make a tarot bag. I'm attempting one right now, if it turns out decently, may I post a pic here?

You sure can!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:52 pm
Keistera
ninja I crochet tarot bags ninja I'll gladly make anyone one who wants one keep in mind though that depending on what color you want the bag to be...you might have to pay a fee but I'd only charge what I'd have to pay shipping and handling for..if I have to get special yarn..there might be an extra charge of a dollar or two though domokun But I have no problem making you all one just as long as you give me the dimensions of your deck 3nodding I can usually get a bag done in a day if I don't have anything else going on 2 days sometimes 3 at most. But it all depends on whats going on sweatdrop

Panther Nightwind

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:55 pm
That sounds neat. If anyone wants, I can make ritual robes for around $30 CDN. XD I suppose, that may or may not include shipping fee's... But, I mean, I'll be glad to pay for those myself once I get a job.

And I'll deffinately be getting one of your Tarot Bags, Panther, when I have some money. ^_^ I want mine to have a symbol on it, though... Something of my own design... I dunno, you can tell me how much it will cost, and I'll let you know when I have the money. Heh...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:16 am
Winter Black
That sounds neat. If anyone wants, I can make ritual robes for around $30 CDN. XD I suppose, that may or may not include shipping fee's... But, I mean, I'll be glad to pay for those myself once I get a job.

And I'll deffinately be getting one of your Tarot Bags, Panther, when I have some money. ^_^ I want mine to have a symbol on it, though... Something of my own design... I dunno, you can tell me how much it will cost, and I'll let you know when I have the money. Heh...
What state or country do you live in? That'll give me an idea of what/where to look for shipping prices at the mail store place wink Than after that it's what type of symbol (if I can do it sweatdrop ) and what color(s) you'd want the bag 3nodding

Panther Nightwind

The Wallaby

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:33 pm
I don't mean to sound like a meanie... but the first picture looks more like a ouija board., and pendulums are NOT for calling spirits. Pendulums are used as extensions of the subconsious, to answer questions that you know the answer to, but don't know how to access it. Ouija boards, on the other hand, ARE for calling spirits, possibly to answer questions that you don't have the answer to.  
DataHenge ) The Information Archives (

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff