Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Weekly Show and Tell for 1-1-2007 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaelensFrozenFlame

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:20 pm
Hey everyone! I figured we should start the new year right!

This week, and probaby for a few days after, I'm working on a couple of scarves...i've got a set of two scarves i'm making for a friend of mine, and her dog, that i'm making out of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Lumberjack Red, since she told me that she and her dog both like the colors red and black... and i'm also working on a scarf for a friend out in california who won it from the 12 Days of Christmas lotto i did.

I'm totally loving the Wool-Ease Thick & Quick yarn...i wanna get some for myself! we had our first snow of the winter over New Year's Eve, and now it's really cold and the yarn is SO nice to work with!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:06 pm
I started a sweater...which I will post a pic of...maybe...eventually...if I get around to it...*curls up and goes to sleep instead*  

knitting_needle_ninja

[Grendel]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:25 am
I'm currently projectless and going out of my mind gonk

I'm hoping to start something by next week or Ima go crazy.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:59 pm
I just finished all of the peices of my sweater, I just have to get my lazy butt to block/seam it. Right now I'm making socks for my dad out of this soy silk and I'm absolutely loveing it!  

x_dreamweaver_x

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:01 pm
I'm currently working on a pair of socks for myself, and if I ever get around to it, I'll post the pick of the other socks I finished the other day...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:49 am
I'm madly working on a project I have lovingly titled the "Rainbow Vomit Baby Blanket" The yarn is a lovely verigation of more vibrant versions of the normal baby colors, and oh so soft. the trick is getting it done before the shower on the shower next weekend. gonk  

Phishy

Dapper Genius

face2face

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:25 am
I just finished a scarf just before the new year and now I'm working on another one for my boyfriend. The way it looks I'll have it ready by the weekend.
Arm warmers are going to be next!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:12 am
Last week I finished a custom hat order and mailed it out, now I'm in the process of doing two scarves for my Etsy shop, one in red and golden yellow, and one in grey and baby blue (leftover yarn from the hat ^^). I'm also working (slowly) on a giant granny square blanket in black yarn- it's not giant yet, though, but it will be!  

Aphadon

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:40 am
I'm working on a knitting a sweater-vest with a nordic cable border, and I have to block my hat band before I can sew it on to my hat.

Blocking... the blocking it taunts me. >.< I was never a fan of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:48 pm
I finished my fox tail scarf (pictures as soon as I get my lazy behind to the film development people!) and now I'm working on a Rose Trellis Afghan. I found the pattern on one of those "Free Crochet Patterns" sheets at Michael's.  

Brunette_Star

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:58 pm
I'm working on making some muslin doll yukatas, so i can get them mailed out to people for their dollies to try on and see if my pattern works. I'm currently (as in right right now, its sitting right next to me) working on one for an SD13 boy, and once i get it shipped out i'm gonna work on one for a DoD Shall, and once i'm done with hers, i'll work on one for dollfie dream, dollfie plus, MSD and whoever i can get measurements for. As things are done, i'll send them out, and as they come back to me, i'll be making whatever alterations are needed and sending them back out, untill the pattern is proved perfect (or as close to it as necesarry). Then i plan on making some out of nicer fabrics and sending -those- out as thank-you gifts, and making some for sale.

I also plan on working on my cosplays, at the moment i'm working on my white mage robe, i'm getting the triangles for the edging all pretty and stuff.

And when i'm not sewing i'm gonna work on my grandma's scarf. I really need to finish it, so when i see them i have a present for both of them and not just my grandpa. sweatdrop

Though something makes me think theres going to be more lazing around with the girlfriend then sewing. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:22 pm
I'm beating my mom's poncho into submission right now. I'm learning the mesh stitch for it and I've only snapped four pieces of yarn and thrown the needle across the room twice in frustration. So it's going really well!

To save my sanity, I'm doing a stockinette stitch discman holder in the Noro. Just watching it stripe is like a meditation.

And finally I have to decide how I'm going to do the stripe on my Sportacus hat. Embroider? Ribbon? Or just be lazy and knit a stripe and sew it on? Isn't there a way to pick up stitches and knit it on?  

Worst_Witch

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:23 am
I currently don't have a project but if this cold weather keeps up I'll probably try to make some knee warmers. My knees are so cold they're hurting. The big problem is that my fingers are also hurting in the cold weather so I don't really want to craft right now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:58 am
Currently working on: A new knit emo bag for my little sister, a magic the gathering dice bag for my mother.
(PATTERS ARE WELCOMED!!! I'm doing all this but thought sweatdrop )
Gunna make right after: Purple and black arm warmers with Gaia stitched in to them and my screen name right under.

Gothic Alice

Lexi Marie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:29 am
This weeks projects include, but are not limited to, finishing the giant granny square my grandmother (who I never knew) started. It's three strands held together, two of a tanish and one white. Deciding what to cosplay for the next convention I go to, finish (and begin) fingerless gloves, recycled sari silk scarf for my friend, and mock up of 50's dress for me.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff