Submit

is harry potter a horcrux?
  yes
  maybe
  no
View Results

Riga Girl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:41 pm
ok.. i totally think harry is a horcrux.. it would explain a whole lot. in the first book "voldemort" told harry that he could b great if he came to the dark side or whatever... and if voldemort put part of his sole into harry it would explain y harry didnt die... (because voldemort didnt try to kill him) and no one knows what really happened that night. u know what they say keep ur friends close and ur enemies closer  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:07 pm
ya ok... well then i guess ill just talk to myself  

Riga Girl

mrfinkle213

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:23 pm
totally_adorkable
ok.. i totally think harry is a horcrux.. it would explain a whole lot. in the first book "voldemort" told harry that he could b great if he came to the dark side or whatever... and if voldemort put part of his sole into harry it would explain y harry didnt die... (because voldemort didnt try to kill him) and no one knows what really happened that night. u know what they say keep ur friends close and ur enemies closer

Umm.. where to start. First, the sorting hat told Harry he could be great in Slytherin. Putting his soul into Harry is no reason for Harry not to die, it was the unbreakable magic that Lily cast, a.k.a Love for Harry that caused the curse to backfire. Maybe you should read the books again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:32 pm
The best evidence I find against the theory that Harry is a Horcrux (which I found on mugglenet.com, probably one of the best places to go to see arguments for/against various theories) is that, if he is a Horcrux, the Prophecy couldn't be true. It says that "neither will live while the other survives". But if Harry is Voldemort's Horcrux, then doesn't that mean that as long as Harry is alive, Voldemort will be alive? And if Harry is a Horcrux, to kill Voldemort he'll have to kill himself so that Voldemort will only have one piece of soul and he'll be basically mortal again. But if Harry kills himself, who's going to kill the last bit of Voldemort? Obviously, someone other than Harry. And doesn't the Prophecy say that there's only One who will have "power to vanquish the Dark Lord"?
Also (though this is slightly weaker evidence), Dumbledore seems to know the most about Voldemort's Horcruxes, and he himself says that his guesses are usually pretty accurate. He probably would have considered whether or not Harry could be Voldemort's Horcrux, and I think it's pretty safe to say that if he had decided that Harry is a Horcrux, he would have told Harry. He learned his lesson about not telling Harry things in OotP.  

Griselda Banks

marletta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:03 am
no, no, no!!!1 harry is so not a horcrux!!! i don't have time to explain at the moment why there is n chance that he is one, but if any of you guys have a strong argument that he is one, pm me and we will have a debate.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:00 pm
i have read the books... but maybe harry isnt voldemorts horcrux.. try looking at what this person has to say

http://www.thesnitch.co.uk/site/index.php?class=The Snitch&page=Part II of The Significance of Lily Potter  

Riga Girl

covo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:09 pm
No. Two souls cannot share one body.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:30 pm
covo

who says?  

Riga Girl

ofbittersweetmemories

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:27 am
totally_adorkable
covo

who says?

I agree, esp. since Quirrell was hosting Voldemort from the back of his head.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:49 pm
One of my friends thinks Harry is a horcrux but I have to say that I disagree.  

Xo[PineappleMuffin]oX

ella_lily_rosa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:20 pm
I doubt that harry is a horcrux, but i swear that dumbledore is not dead!!!! he has to have a horcrux or something! i will be so pissed if he doesnt come back some how in the last book.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:35 pm
he's going to be in the portrait and communicate thru that.  

ofbittersweetmemories

froggerbabie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:14 am
It is not likely that Harry is a horcrux because of the events leading up to Voldermort trying to kill Harry. If Voldermort had wanted to make Harry a horcrux(if it were indeed possible, which I am almost 100% sure it is not), he would not have been so drained to have alomst died himself. The fact that Voldermort unwillingly transferred some of his characteristics into Harry is also a huge factor. If it were possible and Voldermort wanted to make Harry a horcrux, he was intelligent enought to know just how much of his energy could be spared before he would lose his own physical body. And due to the fact that at that time he was also at the height of his power, he would not have wanted to lose the ability or the body he had to such a spell. And from what I have understood on the creating of a horcrux, it takes some planing and there wasn't any planning involved in the events of the night that Harry's parents dying beyond the deaths of his parents. Lily Potter's love for Harry was what played the major role here, and not a horcrux. And as to the whole Quirrell/Voldermort situation? I believe that only happened because Quirrell was agreeable to the whole body-sharing thing. I do not believe you can do such a thing without the host's consent.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:53 am
But why would Voldemort try so hard to destroy his own horcrux? ( If Harry is one)  

ChimpMan232

froggerbabie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:18 pm
Seroph437
But why would Voldemort try so hard to destroy his own horcrux? ( If Harry is one)

A good point... another reason he would have tried to protect Harry instead of trying to kill him 3nodding  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff