well?
  YEAH! of course!
  HELL NO!
View Results

- Strike without Mercy -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:44 pm
So, do you like the guy? tell me why.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:47 am
i like him so much that i was stick a large steel pole up his bum and light him on fire heart  

zonic69

scruffy012

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:44 am
meh i dont mind him, hes done some good, and some bad.... hes just another politician in my mind...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:24 pm
He's the lesser of two evils. Look at the alternative...

LABOR!

*shudders*

Kevin Rudd and the entire labor party just can't govern. See the Queensland Labor government? Made a complete c**k-up of the south-easts water systems. Health systems still suck, and the list goes on.  

Daylight Atheist

Xan-Phorie Rei

Shy Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:07 pm
john howard... *shudder* those liberals are a bunch of scheming two-faced bastards. they make the name of politician proud.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:49 pm
Really not very keen on him. He's a great politician (as in he can lie and maneuver as if it were second nature) which is useful. I've never met him, but my second Aunt used to work for him, and described him as nothing short of a sleaze bag.  

WellzY
Crew

xiridian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:41 am
Whilst the opposition is not exactly any better, I think Howard's day has come and gone. His biggest mistake was the Workplace Reforms.
If he hadn't imposed that, he could have gleaned maybe another term: those laws have become the first and final nail in the coffin.

Now that Beazley's out of the picture, the opposition has a much stronger PR front; they're not perfect, but the country needs a change. Besides. :] It's common in Australia to have the majority of states in the opposite party to the federal position. In other words, if the Federal Office is Liberal, the majority of the states will be Labour; vice-versa. So if we get a change in parliment, that will REALLY shake things up for the following five years. This country desperately needs that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:02 am
WellzY
Really not very keen on him. He's a great politician (as in he can lie and maneuver as if it were second nature) which is useful. I've never met him, but my second Aunt used to work for him, and described him as nothing short of a sleaze bag.

I agree with the whole great politician thing. That man can lie his way out of virtually anything. "Children Overboard" anyone? "OMG TERRORISTS!!!" as well? If he can use it to his advantage and even blur the lines between fact and lie to help him, he will, and that makes him a good politician.

A good person however? No.

I think we're overdue for a change. We're getting more and more conservate as each year passes and I say "It's Time!"

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:52 pm
Frog Juice
WellzY

I agree with the whole great politician thing. That man can lie his way out of virtually anything. "Children Overboard" anyone? "OMG TERRORISTS!!!" as well? If he can use it to his advantage and even blur the lines between fact and lie to help him, he will, and that makes him a good politician.

I think we're overdue for a change. We're getting more and more conservative as each year passes and I say "It's Time!"

Hehehe, yeah another inspirational campaign like that might help.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:54 pm
WellzY

His a very smart politician and that make him dangerous
Plus he gives me something to do…(work related)  

Black-Almaz

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:43 am
WellzY
Frog Juice
WellzY

I think we're overdue for a change. We're getting more and more conservative as each year passes and I say "It's Time!"

Hehehe, yeah another inspirational campaign like that might help.

I'm sure they'll come up with something cool and awesome to sway people.

Hopefully voters won't have really short memories this time around and remember things like the death count in Iraq, the fact that we're losing in Iraq, IR reforms etc etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:34 pm
No. I think he is an idiot.

He sucks up to America way too much. He's even letting them test bombs here...

Homicidal Paperdoll

bella_xx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:57 am
no i hate him!! what has he done for austrlai?? he has just killed most of us by sending us to war that all he had done!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:38 am
I don't like him. Thanks to him, my older brother only has about one or two days off a week and has virtually no sick leave.. I barely see him enough as it is... crying

I think he wins through scare tactics. This one is going to be "OMFG, terrorists!!" The last one I think was immigration, he said s**t like "We will decide who can come into this country".... blah, blah, blah...... rolleyes

Also, one of my friends is joining the air force, so I am soo worried about her.

User Image
heart 16k/26k heart

Donate or Muddy steals j00 soul! eek
Souls NOT stolen: 6

enchanted_mud

Black-Almaz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:42 pm
bella_xx
no i hate him!! what has he done for austrlai?? he has just killed most of us by sending us to war that all he had done!!!!

we lost one bloke who died under conditions I can’t disclose and that is the only casualty in the past 2 years and a SAS Srg 4 years ago that stapped on a mine, so that makes it 2 deaths in 4 years, in overseas actions

Homicidal Paperdoll
No. I think he is an idiot.

He sucks up to America way too much. He's even letting them test bombs here...

and if you mean BEA systems, thats just a way for australia to save money on alot of equipment and to train troops, with out a huge cost to the Govenment

enchanted_mud
Also, one of my friends is joining the air force, so I am soo worried about her....

trust me the airforce has it really easy, the ground boys and girls they dont get any action, and if she is going in as a clark or a techo, or in fact any other job in the airforce there will be no danger to her at all!!

trust me this is my 3 year in the army, i have worked with the RAAF for most of my carrier and they get it so much easear than any other service

i know i sound like i'm defending him, but we have no one better, and we do vote the worst one out and the best one in, its a 2 party system all the small ones, i'm sad to say will never get control of our houses  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff