Mid January.
  February.
  Oh, heck! Leave it up all year!
View Results

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:58 pm
::raises hand and waves it all about::

Yeah. I'm awful. I haven't even thought about taking my Yule decorations down until I started writing this thread. But I like the pretty lights strung in the window, all bright and sparkly. I like the tree, and I'm proud of all the paper cranes I made to put on it.

My Mum always said that Christmas decorations can't come down until after the Feast of the Epiphany (12 days after Christmas Day), but really it was just an excuse to leave them up. They brightened the darkness of winter. They brought joy and gladness and all that blither. Besides, our ornament collection was so big that it took five days to put it away again. We'd take it down around Valentine's Day. lol

So tell me, Got Goth Guild: how long do your trimmings stay up?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:21 pm
Our's are staying up till tomarrow...I'm so sad..
I'm gonna see if my mom will let me leave up my tree in my room.

It's only three feet. WHats the problem? XP I'm often to lazy to atke the stuff down. Anywyas, psht-cha...

Who else?  

[Lacrimosa]

Alice_K8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:53 pm
My tree stays up for a long time usually. It's an artificial. But my mom took it down early this year so she could paint the living room.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:59 pm
I have been in the process of de-decorating for what the past week? Yeah. Well I finally threw the tree in its box yesterday and shoved that fiber optic bugger in the closet for next year. But me mum always makes me feel like a nave if I don't do it before New Years.  

Oterys

ketchakik

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:42 pm
if it was up to me the tree would stay up till june  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:43 pm
Mine's still up! We've just been to lazy to take it down. sweatdrop We'll probably take it down tomorrow or somethin.'  

turntechKilljoy

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Acerbus nox noctis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:23 pm
We usually start to put things away on the 6th...It's kind of sad to see everything taken down cause the decorations literally light up the season and bring a sense of joy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:34 pm
My fantastic little mini-christmas tree stays up until my parents make me take it down. wink

I love the Holidays way too much. I start decorating right after Halloween. xd  

x Socks x

Her Cyanide--

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:46 pm
Haha well we didn't really have any christmas decorations or a tree up to begin with so yeah.. surprised  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:47 pm
ketchakik

lol  

Devils_lilboy

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:25 pm
If I had decorated this year (unfortunately I don't have the apartment to myself) I would have taken down my Yule decorations around Imbolc, and only partly because I'm both busy and lazy (not exactly mutually exclusive, but neither helps the other... blaugh ).  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:29 pm
Devils_lilboy
ketchakik

lol

well i gotta take it down someitme before christmas in july  

ketchakik

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:19 am
[Neo Queen Selenity]
Our's are staying up till tomarrow...I'm so sad..

I know how you feel. I used to be awfully sad when the tree came down... and to be honest, sometimes I still am.

It was doubly hard for me as a kid because we lived someplace where there weren't any pines, spruces, or anything else that breathed out that wonderful, evergreen scent. The closest thing we had was junipers, and somehow they just aren't the same. While our tree sat on the curb, I'd go an take one last look — and I'd end up stuffing my face in the branches for one last sniff, too!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:09 am
My parents took the real tree down sometime this past week. sad However, I have my own artificial tree, and that's still up. I don't know how much longer it'll be up, but it's there.

I'm with Veru, though, I feel sad when the tree comes down too.  

EvFaerAshlynn

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:06 am
unfortunately my family puts up two trees and loads of decorations and all of them are still up (which makes me friggin' sick)... I hate christmas  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff