Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-
  -
View Results

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:56 am
It seems that I'm nearly the only one I know who remembers the first game they ever played! Anybody else remember?

My first game was Super Mario 64... yes, 64, not the DS version! I'm not that new!

What was your first game/system?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:06 am
I think the very first game I've ever played was Bubble Bobble on the PC at school. You know, those times when you'd have to put in a big floppy disk and launch it from DOS mode (I'm not sure if I'm using these terms properly. Feel free to fix up what I'm trying to say ^.^).

As for first game on a system, I can't really say. Not because I don't remember, but because I don't know what they were. I was so young I never thought to ask "What is this game?" or "What is this system I'm playing on?" If anybody has any idea as to what game I played, and what sytem I played it on, I'd greatly appreciate it. xd

Game:
I think it was set at a launch pad. It was in aerial view. I was playing as either a spaceship or plane and it was flying pretty fast. I'd be shooting other airplanes or spaceships. After a while, the setting changed to space (I guess it took off from the launch pad). Then I had to shoot boulders. Then I died in the game. The graphics were pretty good. I think I played this game sometime between 1987-1991.  

_CFTM
Crew

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:38 pm
You're talking about that old 5" floppy wink You got the terms exactly right.

That's a long time period, NCFTM O_o; I'm not sure I can lock down that game...

Anyway. The first game I ever played was probably a chess-like game on DOS. I think it began with an A, and it involved moving your pieces across a board. Instead of winning by moving onto a space, you had to enter a battle and defeat the other piece. If you plan it out, you can weaken a stronger piece with a pawn. This generally meant sacrificing a pawn, but you might actually have a chance of winning and losing nothing but a bit off the lifebar. This brings up an interesting point. The losing piece dies while the winning piece survives with what was taken off the lifebar still off.

Then again... I played a ton of games on DOS before the NES was even released because of my dad's occupation in the US Air Force. Other than that, Mario Bros/Duck Hunt was the first game I can say for sure to playing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:38 am
That chess game sounds fun xd  

_CFTM
Crew

RAB1D RABB1T

Aged Noob

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:13 pm
    pirate

[ my first game was either Super Mario Bros. or Mario Go-Fish on the computers at school . not sure which ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:43 pm
There was a Mario Go-Fish game on the computer? I never knew that. xd  

_CFTM
Crew

Nemo Phoenix

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:08 pm
the first game i ever played was "rat race". it was for an older pc system (like a commodore or atari, but not the gaming consoles), and it was basically an arcade-style, vertical-scrolling speed boat race. for further reference, if i had to guess how far back that was, i would say around 1986... and i didn't own a nes until '91.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:12 pm
Edymion
The first game I ever played was probably a chess-like game on DOS. I think it began with an A, and it involved moving your pieces across a board. Instead of winning by moving onto a space, you had to enter a battle and defeat the other piece. If you plan it out, you can weaken a stronger piece with a pawn. This generally meant sacrificing a pawn, but you might actually have a chance of winning and losing nothing but a bit off the lifebar. This brings up an interesting point. The losing piece dies while the winning piece survives with what was taken off the lifebar still off.

i've got two guesses here: what you describe sounds a lot like battle chess (which i'm familiar with), but i think what you're looking for is amagon (which i'm not all that familiar with at all). amagon was eventuall released for the nes... see if you can't track it down. if you need any help with that, let me know!  

Nemo Phoenix

O.G. Noob

Nemo Phoenix

O.G. Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:16 pm
NCFTM

Game:
I think it was set at a launch pad. It was in aerial view. I was playing as either a spaceship or plane and it was flying pretty fast. I'd be shooting other airplanes or spaceships. After a while, the setting changed to space (I guess it took off from the launch pad). Then I had to shoot boulders. Then I died in the game. The graphics were pretty good. I think I played this game sometime between 1987-1991.

ok, i'm really taking a wild stab at this one... thunderbirds, for the nes. check it out.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:37 pm
Dang, you're right!
I don't really remember! @_@
Uhm...I'll take a guess though...
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for SNES.  

Kaumodaki

Zakugara

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:17 pm
first game for me was Duck Hunt, with that old orange gun? yup, and the mario game that was packaged with it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:12 pm
Spy vs Spy for SNES  

Kitterfox

Funky Monkey Bill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:31 pm
My first game.... The first game I remember playing that I owned was for the N64, Super Mario 64. The first game I remember playing was probably Sonic for the Genesis. The first game I remember playing for Nintendo was probably Super Mario AllStars. The first game all together, was probably Commander Keen or Doom II for the PC.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:03 pm
Spy vs Spy is such a fun game XD And Commander Keen! I remember playing that a lot when I was young. Good times~  

_CFTM
Crew

Kitterfox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:34 pm
NCFTM
Spy vs Spy is such a fun game XD And Commander Keen! I remember playing that a lot when I was young. Good times~
I remeber Commander Keen! But my favorite game for that system for a long time was Duck Hunt.  
Nintendo Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff