Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Someone actually suggested that it's "well grammar"! :XD Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Say you love me?
  Ew! No!
View Results

Xx_Murderous Doll_xX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:55 am
I got a message from a guy that suggested that the sig was wrong, and that it should be "I support well grammar" instead!! xd
Thought it was funny, and I'd share. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:36 pm
"Well grammar?" At least it sounds like he would say "speak well," rather than "speak good."  

Masamune no Hi

Smoozle

Generous Millionaire

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:09 pm
*Insane laugh*

Oh my god! That is so cool! It's amazing how people can be weird like that!

And indeed, it does sound like he could of meant it as "Speak well" instead of "Speak good" but, well, you never know.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:35 pm
I think I mentioned this in some other thread in here, but I've seen it before.

It's likely because people keep bashing in the whole "it's not good, it's 'well'!" thing that people start OVER-correcting.  

The Man who was Thursday

Cheerfulhope

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:54 pm
Wow, people really don't pay attention in language arts after all. *chuckle* ^-^ It's funny how that sort of thing happens, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:22 pm
AHAHAHAHA!!! Oh my freaking GOD!!! That's THE single most stupidest thing EVER!!! rofl  

The Piscean Muse

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Miss Irene Adler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:14 am
Tenjou Usagi
AHAHAHAHA!!! Oh my freaking GOD!!! That's THE single most stupidest thing EVER!!! rofl

My dear, you mean "most stupid thing ever", not "most stupidest thing ever". 3nodding

And yes, I agree with you. XDD It indeed is the most stupid thing ever.

"I support well grammar..."

You should argue with that user, and say that "well" is an adverb, and therefore should not be used in front of a noun as an adjective, whereas "good" is an adjective, which we CAN use in front of a noun...er, as an adjective. XDD (I don't think the last phrase made sense, nor do I think it was necessary, but oh well).  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:33 am
That is absolutely stupid.  

Varun_Pramanik

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:28 am
"Well grammar", eh? Well, it's nice to know that grammar's healthy. blaugh

In all actuality, it should probably be "proper grammar", but that wouldn't fit into the sign. And "good" at least sounds better than "well".  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:40 pm
*cackles*

that's eeexcellent.

I love it when people correct others and get shot down in a blaze of idiocy.

I read a gaming forum regularly and someone had written a post about the release of a new game, I forget what, in a big hurry with fairly bad spelling and grammar as a result. Another user had typed in a tongue in cheek sense, saying that it was obvious they were excited because they'd forgotten all their spelling and capitalisations.

Another user posted saying
"God you're SUCH an idiot. Don't pick on someone else's spelling when you can't spell yourself. It's CAPITALASATIONS."

It was funny as hell.  

jackthepumpkinhead

emd0tx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:26 am
...Maybe he had well CAPITALASATIONS. >__>;  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:41 pm
That's sad.
Perhaps, he just replaces the word good with well whenever he can, or he just doesn't know what good and well mean.

limp dick

PlatinumChild

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:56 pm

Just reading it in my head it sounds completely off...but when I read it out loud .... rofl .....I don't know, it just sounds so funny to me. *gets shot*

[Shan.Raikou]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:35 pm
Quote:
"Well grammar", eh? Well, it's nice to know that grammar's healthy.

In all actuality, it should probably be "proper grammar", but that wouldn't fit into the sign. And "good" at least sounds better than "well".

Yeah, at least it is healthy. rofl  

EponaKenshin

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:20 pm
There's a difference between this:

"I use good grammar"

"I use grammar well"

It depends on the object. The grammar is good, so "good" is an adjective. "Well" is an adverb (one of the few that don't end in -ly). In this case, the adverb being used as an adjective, "I use well grammar," is incorrect. Debunked!  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff