Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Haircolor Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:18 am
I have recently become really interested in playing with my haircolor. I put these comb-in red streaks in it, and I loved it! I bought some new funky haircolor today, and I have some idea of how to go about putting it on, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on this sort of thing?

Don't worry, I'm not one of those stereotypical goths who thinks she has to dye her hair completely black (although I am curious as to how I would look with black hair), in fact I don't know if do want to jump into dying the whole thing one color just now. I'm more interested in streaking, tinting, dying the bottom of my hair, that sorta thing. I'm also just interested in temporary haircolor right now, unless in my experinemting I find a color I love and want to try it semi-permanently.

Or, you can just discuss dying your hair in general. I'd love to hear what works and what doesn't, and what other people like to do (so that maybe I can get some ideas).  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:47 am
A general word of caution on black hair: Only do it if your eyebrows and lashes are naturally very dark.

If you want to know whether black hair would work on you, the best thing is to try on a wig. If it looks too stark, consider very dark brown instead. People may actually read it as black if you wear dark, dramatic goth clothes. I've also seen a dark, rich brown tone look really good with streaks of colour. It'd be great with purple or vampire red.

I'm really hesitant about dying my hair, too. I like the natural colour and I've decided never to do anything permanent, but I have tried some coloured washes that wrinse out in 10 to 12 shampoos. Malaysian Cherry red was my favourite. It looked almost purple at first, but it mellowed into a really nice burgundy.  

Veruniel
Crew

xdemonicallyxyours13x

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:24 pm
My favourite hairdye colours are furious fuschia, evergreen green and blueberry... they work the best  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:07 pm
I really want to go strawberry blonde soon, if i was pale enough (and had red contacts) I would do white.
For the summer, I'm shaving off half of it all deathrock, well Delerium (from the Sandman comic series), and have the rest rainbow I think with a predominance of bright red with yellow/orange/ and purple streaks... yumm.  

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

SamuraiArren

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:02 pm
bluerain202
I really want to go strawberry blonde soon, if i was pale enough (and had red contacts) I would do white.
For the summer, I'm shaving off half of it all deathrock, well Delerium (from the Sandman comic series), and have the rest rainbow I think with a predominance of bright red with yellow/orange/ and purple streaks... yumm.
Sounds awesome. I don't have enough courage to do any of Delirium's hairstyles.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:06 pm
Currently i have dyed my hair black....But i am thinking about dyeing the roots and tips Vampire red when it grows back out again.  

[-Alluring Enchantress-]

3,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:46 pm
My favorite color scheme seems to favor blonde.

In a couple of weeks, I'm re-dying it mahogany brown with bleached streaks in it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:59 pm
A commonly overlooked option is silvery white hair. I myself think white hair looks great. It looks mature, clean, and all-around unique.  

GilAskan
Crew

DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:17 pm
At the moment my hair's dark brown but I'm thinking of dying it black..my brows and lashes are balck anyways >.<

Though I think it would look better if I have pale skin, which I barely do. I'm kinda tanned...[A tanned ASIAN -gasp-]  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:18 pm
I have very dark brown hair, a lot of people say it's black, but I would like to dye/bleach my hair white or gray or maybe the front of it and dye the back black of some dark color like dark purlple or blood red.....  

Ryuujin X

Redwing~Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:50 pm
mine has been dark brown for a while, since it is my natural color, but ppl say i would look good with black and some other dye, but im not to sure, but i wish to change my hair since its been the same for a while now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:51 pm
I have no tips on dying hair unfortunately. D:

I'm actually having trouble deciding if I should completely dye my hair black. I know I would look good with black hair but i'm just worried if it would look bad fading and the roots growing out would look sorta bad cause my original hair color is brown and blond. I always dye my hair red but I really wanna go for black but I dunnooo. x.o;

Her Cyanide--

Lilium_Crusade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:23 pm
i dyed my hair semi-permanent black/dark brown with red in it.I didnt wanna jump in and not like my ahir balck.But its koolio ,i like it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:30 pm
whee

I think I wanna dye my hair silver or white, just because It'll contrast with my skin and make me look like Storm, from X-Men.
xD
Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Last week I was thinking about dying my hair purple with black roots and black underneath. I thought it sounded pretty cool, but I don't have any idea how I could get away with that without my mom killing me.

This girl at my school, Sarah, she's kinda chubby, and her face is kinda puffy. Plus she's fourteen, so her skin is red and pimpily, and she dyed her hair blue, right? Well, my friends mom saw her one day and she says:

"Who in their right mind would let her get away with her dying her hair like that? It draws attention to her face, and that's probably the last thing people want to look at."

Which I thought was pretty mean, but very truthful.

Yeah I know, I talk too much.
sweatdrop

Bakurish

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:48 pm
This summer, I decided that I wanted to try and dye my hair black and purple. So I decided to go to a salon and get it done right this time. So the first time, they *tried* to die my hair, they like, barely touched it. You could only see it the color in the light. So I went back, and told them to die it just purple. It came out a bit darker, but not nearly as noticable as I wanted it. So I went back again, and it looked purple, but also a bit red. So I gave up on the salon, and I decided to do it myself. Since I had dyed it three times already within a month, instead of using something really intense like Manic Panic, I just used something light and temporary. My God, if I had ever used the Manic Panic, I would have absolutely no hair left in my head. Seriously, I can't move without my hair falling out now. It's awful. I'm balding. emo  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff