Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
That smiley face Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know what I'm talking about here?
  Yes
  No
  Hey, I just want the gold.
View Results

kyuuketsuki4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:13 am
You know, the one that advertises for smiley central or something. I can just see it typing and it looks something like this: lyk omg no wy

That smiley really gets on my nerves. scream It will play when the cursor is nowhere near it too. I swear it stalks me. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:38 am
I know what you're talking about.
Man those are dumb.  

Buccellatte

Sparkly Conversationalist

Angel80272

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:54 pm
I hate advertisement banners. I wish I could just kill them all sometimes...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:39 am
The worst thing about being irritated by an inanimate object is that there's no rational way to get back at it.  

Galadedrid Damodred

xBSJGx

Liberal Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:26 am
I know what you all mean.
I hate that thing. Annoying. stressed  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:33 pm
I hate the talking ones. Especially when I'm reading my... stories... at 2 in the morning. SHUT UP, little man. You'll get us both in trouble.  

Ellis Bell Esq.

Thirteenth Partier

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:50 pm
Yeah, those are annoying. Sometimes when I'm very focused on something, or absorbed in thought, and then I let my cursor accidently go over it, it scares the life out of me.

I suffer the same shut-up-I-want-to-read-my-stories-without-getting-caught thing. ¬.¬

It's not very productive for marketing if it annoys the masses. -snickers-  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:57 pm
xAvenirYuinax
Yeah, those are annoying. Sometimes when I'm very focused on something, or absorbed in thought, and then I let my cursor accidently go over it, it scares the life out of me.

I suffer the same shut-up-I-want-to-read-my-stories-without-getting-caught thing. ¬.¬

Well, smileycentral is free so that isn't really a problem scream I really do hate that thing, though. When I read I'm usually not on the computer, I do, however, stay up really late often. I use headphones for times like those, one of which would be now. I should turn off the light.  

kyuuketsuki4

Ellis Bell Esq.

Thirteenth Partier

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:29 pm
kyuuketsuki4
xAvenirYuinax

Well, smileycentral is free so that isn't really a problem scream I really do hate that thing, though. When I read I'm usually not on the computer, I do, however, stay up really late often. I use headphones for times like those, one of which would be now. I should turn off the light.

I tend to avoid headphones, because then you can't hear footsteps coming down the hallway. X)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:08 am
Ellis Bell Esq.
kyuuketsuki4
xAvenirYuinax

I tend to avoid headphones, because then you can't hear footsteps coming down the hallway. X)

I kind of have to avoid headphones. My idiocy and my love of the iPod that was given to me made me deaf in one ear T____T...
SO BEWARE OF THE EVIL HEADPHONES!! It's one of the reasons why people are becoming or are deaf.

Oh. Heheh...I hate those talking smileys. Whenever my sister and I are going around Myspace, we turn off the speakers or volume whenever those things are on.

HATE THE EVIL SMILEYS!!!

YourLovelyBear

Beloved Bear

17,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:34 am
ugh, those things scare the crap outta me! scream  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:17 pm
Hate them!!
I was reading online once and my curser must have moved and it started screming and I was terrified. >.<  

Noche Flor

tsubasahawkeye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:24 pm
For me it's always "Helooooooooo?" or "Hey Baby."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:32 pm
Ellis Bell Esq.
kyuuketsuki4
xAvenirYuinax

Same here. I stick with putting the volume on mute. -sighs- The wonderful mute button. I usually tend to avoid putting music on in general since I don't really worry about my parents coming down the hall but more the car door slamming. That tells me to get off after eight or so hours of internet time. >.<

tsubasahawkeye
For me it's always "Heloooooooo?" or "Hey Baby."

I've gotten one that says "OMG! No way!" That one was weird...  

xAvenirYuinax

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:25 pm
I hate, hate, HATE them!

*whips out rifle*

*evil grin*  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash