Reply ~ Main Forum ~
`Satanism, how can Austin learn more? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Muted Faith9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:25 pm
Alright here's the thing, Austin's looked into a lot of religions to enough of an extent to decide what he thinks of them, which parts he accepts, which parts he doesn't and basically just his basic thoughts on them, but he hasn't actually found much on Satanism and it's something he's interested in learning about. So if anyone would be kind enough to supply a link to a good explanation, or just suggest something else, preferably free considering Austins current fund(or lack thereof), it would be greatly appreciated.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:28 pm
The most general all-encompassing link I can give you:

Wikipedia

AverageTyrant

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:16 am
From what I've read it comes down to individualism. That's the briefest of the brief explanations.

Why do you want to look at that stuff anyway? Kind of redundant.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:35 am
spooky_sez
From what I've read it comes down to individualism. That's the briefest of the brief explanations.

Why do you want to look at that stuff anyway? Kind of redundant.
Just a bit of curiosity  

Muted Faith9

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:15 pm
Muted Faith9
Alright here's the thing, Austin's looked into a lot of religions to enough of an extent to decide what he thinks of them, which parts he accepts, which parts he doesn't and basically just his basic thoughts on them, but he hasn't actually found much on Satanism and it's something he's interested in learning about. So if anyone would be kind enough to supply a link to a good explanation, or just suggest something else, preferably free considering Austins current fund(or lack thereof), it would be greatly appreciated.

You can go to the library, and check out what books they may have relating to satanism. You could also go and study satanism through http.www.dictionary.com, or http.www.wikapedia.com other wise there is nothing else that I can think of that would give you connections to the information you are looking for. I wish you luck exclaim exclaim  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:43 pm
anton lavay

go google it  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

A Dark Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:01 pm
I've always wanted to know what Satanists believe...
or what it was like to go to a Satanist chuch and what they do.
or why they worship Satan.
You really never do hear much about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:25 am
A Dark Knight
I've always wanted to know what Satanists believe...
or what it was like to go to a Satanist chuch and what they do.
or why they worship Satan.
You really never do hear much about it.

that's Devil worshippers hun, Satanists have no concept of god or the devil, it's just basically as Spooky Sez said, looking out for yourself.

In my opionion it's a kinda selfish religion, but, in my experience there are many Satanists that are very respectful, well mannered people, just as some are quite hate-filled and well... not too nice to know. But, you get that with every religion/belief system.  

Isobel Bellamy

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:38 am
Nyed
anton lavay

go google it

laconicity is biss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:27 pm
lol see i dont know anything about it. its somewhat misleading. SATANism, you would think it would have at least something to do with him.
so is there an organized religion that really does worship Satan?  

A Dark Knight

kykana

Invisible Informer

8,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:29 pm
A Dark Knight
lol see i dont know anything about it. its somewhat misleading. SATANism, you would think it would have at least something to do with him.
so is there an organized religion that really does worship Satan?

Like Isobel Bellamy said, they're called devil worshipers.
But as for an orgized religion, there is a branch of Satanism called Theistic Satanism.
I found it when I was reading about Satanism just now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:09 pm
Uh. Let's see.

I'd describe Satanists as atheistic people whose basic belief is "Live your life how YOU want to. But none of that raping and killing people s**t, kay?"

Ah. AT's technically a Satanist. 'Cept every bloody person I know is Catholic so I can't exactly shout that from rooftops.

AverageTyrant

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:56 pm
I recommend checking out the Church of Satan guild. wink

As for A dark Knight, Satan is supposed to symbolize the darker side of things I think.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:54 am
CrimsonThanatos
I recommend checking out the Church of Satan guild. wink

As for A dark Knight, Satan is supposed to symbolize the darker side of things I think.

Ya he is.
He sorta shows how one can easily and quickly become corrupt.
Its said he once was an angel, and one of God's greatest but then rose up against God and so was punished.
I remember in a play (I think The Crucible) when this one lady was arrested for witchcraft and some of the people were like "But she's the most holy of us all" and the one judge replied with "Even Satan was seen as beautiful in God's eyes only an hour before his downfall" or something along those lines.
I'm paraphrasing both quotes so they aren't exact exact from the book.

kykana

Invisible Informer

8,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:26 pm
I was talking about IN Satanism, Satan represents...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff