Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Can 'LOL' sound more obnoxious? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Domenic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:14 pm
E
Quote:
very other word was "lol". And nothing bothers me more than the word "lol".

I mean, 'lol' without capitalization is bad enough, but when 'LOL!!!1!!ONE' is used (with the ones intentionally) I want to rip out my eyes, fill them with some kind of tasty liquid, stick a wooden spoon in them, freeze them, and then enjoy the sweety popsicle-ness that would become of my eyes, while also gagging and having corrective eye surgery, but let's not get into that.

The first person to ever use the term 'lol' should explode. No, implode--why should we be showered in chunks of said person if they exploded. Yes, he/she definately needs to implode.

The only time I would ever use the term 'lol' was when I read in the newspaper; "First Person to Pioneer Beloved Chatspeak Implodes Due to Reasons Unkown."

Then I would 'lol'. A lot.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:20 pm
What bothers me most? When people say "lol" in real life. When you CAN laugh out loud, why waste the time to giggle and say, "lol?"

- burning_eyes - burning_eyes - burning_eyes -  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

Domenic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:01 pm
Exactly! If I didn't point that out in the first post, I probably just forgot, but I intended to. Yes, like, I know someone who said 'stfu' to my friend one time. I wanted to rape a cow at that particular moment. Don't know why I wanted to take my anger on an innocent cow... in an intercourseful manner, but let's not get into that...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:20 pm
Domenic
Exactly! If I didn't point that out in the first post, I probably just forgot, but I intended to. Yes, like, I know someone who said 'stfu' to my friend one time. I wanted to rape a cow at that particular moment. Don't know why I wanted to take my anger on an innocent cow... in an intercourseful manner, but let's not get into that...

Anger issues much? Just kidding. razz I agree, but ROFL is kinda fun to say. It sounds kinda like "waffle". 3nodding  

Zhiege

Prettier_Then_You

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:21 pm
Zhiege
Domenic

Anger issues much? Just kidding. razz I agree, but ROFL is kinda fun to say. It sounds kinda like "waffle". 3nodding
Haha!! It does doesnt it.! ~laughs~  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:26 pm
Prettier_Then_You
Zhiege
Domenic

Haha!! It does doesnt it.! ~laughs~

Yes indeed! And so I incorporate it into my speech patterns. But not online.
pirate  

Zhiege

Stumpilicious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:59 am
MyOwnBestCritic
What bothers me most? When people say "lol" in real life. When you CAN laugh out loud, why waste the time to giggle and say, "lol?"

eek My sister did that once.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:15 pm
MyOwnBestCritic

My friend does it all the time. gonk  

GlamxShock

Erikittie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:19 pm
Personally, I don't mind 'lol' myself, I use it online frequently. In fact, I have to admit at one stage I used 'lol' insufferably, it used to annoy the hell out of my online friend Ben. He told me he'd give me a gift if I went without saying 'lol' for a month. XP Needless to say, I failed, much to his combined dismay and amusement xd . But 'lol' is okies, it's not the worst txt talk you can find in this Literacy forsaken world. XP

However, I see saying it in real life as a waste of time. I mean you can laugh out loud in life. You don't need to say 'lol'. Although, I think I've said it once or twice out of habit. Well, never again! Or else, you can black my eyes, concuss me, and disembowel me.^^ (Actually, I'd rather stay alive if you don't mind). xd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:51 pm
I only ever say it out loud when I'm impersonating someone who probably does frequently use the term. It makes me lolvomit. Not normal vomit, lolvomit. >_<  

Shichimaru

Stumpilicious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:56 pm
Shichimaru
I only ever say it out loud when I'm impersonating someone who probably does frequently use the term. It makes me lolvomit. Not normal vomit, lolvomit. >_<
Oh god, that stuff is the worst.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:49 pm
I've used "lol" a few times. I only use it when necissary, which with my personality, isn't very often.  

KadajNu

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:45 pm
I say lol all the time on the internet but not in real life I don't laugh out loud very often so I don't have to worry about that!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:12 pm
I have an order of what I say (online)...
1. Haha
2. Hahaha
3. AHAHAHAHA
4. lol/LOL
5. rofl/ROFL
For how funny something is...
Weird, aren't I...
So I think 'lol' is a fine...thing to use.

YourLovelyBear

Beloved Bear

17,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Anti-Klim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:09 pm
I know someone who frequently lols in real life.Here is an average conversation with her.
"Hi Bailey."
"Like,OMG,lol,you said hi!RFOL!"
I suspect Chronic Valley Girl disease.I have no idea how or why I know that.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff