Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Y'know... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reason 2 Hate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:09 am
What really gets me is why a lot of you act so superior when talking about people who do use chat speak, or aren't the most literate of folks. I mean, ********. Why? Just because you're more literate than others doesn't make you all that much better. I joined the guild because I figured I'd be able to sit and chat with interesting people. No sooner do I find out it's more or less a guild that dogs on those with poor grammar skills. Seeing s**t like this just makes me want to convert to the "lower society" of your eyes. Even though that'd be hard as hell because when you're used to one thing, it becomes an automatic. What the ********, people? You folks have no reason to hate. -.- Sorry to the folks who don't indulge in the insulting of those that aren't as literate. neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:03 am
No problem, man.  

The Man who was Thursday

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:28 pm
I'm sorry if I hurt people feelings by saying how annoying it is that they aren't literate but that's their problem, not mine!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:48 pm
So we're not allowed even one little corner of Gaia to blow off some steam on?

We're not really make fun of those who are a bit less literate than we are. Mostly, it's the text-talking n00bs we like to make sport of.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Masamune no Hi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:07 pm
Yeah, I don't say it to them. I just say it here.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:22 pm
MuffinChick54
I'm sorry if I hurt people feelings by saying how annoying it is that they aren't literate but that's their problem, not mine!
Why should it? They are not here.  

Niccea Majeare

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:39 pm
Well, our literacy has given us countless bits of hate mail from those who can't take the time to type right. Why shouldn't we get some revenge?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:29 pm
Luna Ishukan
Well, our literacy has given us countless bits of hate mail from those who can't take the time to type right. Why shouldn't we get some revenge?
Actually illiterate leave me alone...mainly because I never go out into the actual forums of Gaia. I like the guilds...where it is nice and safe.  

Niccea Majeare

[ Pyrite ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:03 pm
[x]
You joined this guild of your own choice. We didn't come over to your house, pry your eyelids open with toothpicks, hold you down and force your mouse hand to click "join guild".

If you don't like it, then you can just click the "quit guild" button on the top right corner of your screen. No one forced you to come here, and no one is forcing you to stay. There are thousands of guilds on Gaia. Take the energy you use for posting and bitching and turn it towards finding a better guild for you.

~
Pyrite
[x]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:10 pm
Reason 2 Hate
What really gets me is why a lot of you act so superior when talking about people who do use chat speak, or aren't the most literate of folks. I mean, ********. Why? Just because you're more literate than others doesn't make you all that much better. I joined the guild because I figured I'd be able to sit and chat with interesting people. No sooner do I find out it's more or less a guild that dogs on those with poor grammar skills. Seeing s**t like this just makes me want to convert to the "lower society" of your eyes. Even though that'd be hard as hell because when you're used to one thing, it becomes an automatic. What the ********, people? You folks have no reason to hate. -.- Sorry to the folks who don't indulge in the insulting of those that aren't as literate. neutral

would us preferz itz if weez talks lies dis

because I most certainty wouldn't  

Physical_Shadow

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:16 pm
It's just as Pyrite and Niccea have said. This is sort of our little sanctuary to get away from the sea of mediocrity that's rapidly engulfing the greatest medium Mankind has invented.

Those of lesser skill are certainly welcome to join so they can gain more skill, as long as they're willing to learn and receive correction from the experts who post here.

But honestly, some people on Gaia (and the Net in general) are so brain-dead, how can we not laugh at them? rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:22 pm
Physical_Shadow
Reason 2 Hate

would us preferz itz if weez talks lies dis

because I most certainty wouldn't

Oh please no. I was just barely able to read that.

Yami's got a point. So what if some members have a bit of a superiority-complex or a tad manic about proper grammar? We reserve our right to be human and mock that which we find amusing. Granted, there are some members here who like to have little spats with n00bs. However, it goes both ways, this epic battle for literacy. Just the fact that we use proper grammar, some n00bs just attack/flame us. Both parties play the role of attacker and victim. It's just the way it goes.

Besides, if they can't keep civil and respect our desire to be literate, why must we show courtesy towards them? Personally, if someone can't respect me, I can't respect them.

The problem can be social as well as the irritation of having a vital tool of communication -language- mutilated.  

xAvenirYuinax

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:03 pm
Okay I think that if we were going to make fun of ililterate users we would just go to forums and do it there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:27 pm
Reason 2 Hate
Just because you're more literate than others doesn't make you all that much better.

Unless that person has a certain physical or mental disability that makes them unable to do their best in adhering to commonly-accepted rules for the written English, I have every right to be annoyed by their laziness and ignorance.  

Triste

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:46 pm
Triste
Reason 2 Hate
Just because you're more literate than others doesn't make you all that much better.

Unless that person has a certain physical or mental disability that makes them unable to do their best in adhering to commonly-accepted rules for the written English, I have every right to be annoyed by their laziness and ignorance.
'

My first lanuge isn't even English and I speak/type it better then many people who it is their frist langue.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff