Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I just noticed something! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Whoever wrote that needs to go back to grammar school. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:54 pm
[x]
Yami, does being the leader of a grammar guild give you some kind of otherworldly eye for mistakes like this? eek

They don't have an excuse either. While alt tags don't work with all browsers they do support all kinds of characters.

~
Pyrite
[x]

[ Pyrite ]

Niccea Majeare

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:57 pm
I thought to myself, "Maybe the scripts wouldn't allow for an apostrophe," but then I noticed that there is an 's in the "View Journal" link...interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:58 pm
Awww...everyone makes mistakes.  

Zhiege

Angel80272

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:05 pm
I honestly would have never noticed that. Wow. That's like... wow.

(Yes, I realize that statement is not very grammatically correct, but I don't care right now.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:06 pm
Niccea Majeare
I thought to myself, "Maybe the scripts wouldn't allow for an apostrophe," but then I noticed that there is an 's in the "View Journal" link...interesting.

[x]
That's what I just said. gonk

~
Pyrite
[x]

[ Pyrite ]

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:18 pm
[ Pyrite ]
[x]
Yami, does being the leader of a grammar guild give you some kind of otherworldly eye for mistakes like this? eek

They don't have an excuse either. While alt tags don't work with all browsers they do support all kinds of characters.

~
Pyrite
[x]

Seriously, you seem to have an uncanny ability for this kind of stuff. It's... freaky...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:21 pm
see seem

Yeah, do you just go around trying to find things they messed up on?  

Angel80272

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:24 pm
Wouldn't really surprise me. We're all allowed to have weird little past-times, no? At least this one is mentally productive. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:31 pm
I wonder how many mistakes like that that are on this website.  

Masamune no Hi

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:33 pm
I can't even begin to hazard a guess. If they're in such discrete places, they could be anywhere.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:36 pm
Actually, I'm ashamed of myself for not noticing it earlier since I've been on Gaia Online for almost three years now.

Actually, yes I do. Whenever I read a story on Fanfiction.net (that cesspool of grammatical inanity), I end up noticing so many spelling and punctuation errors, I end up twitching and generally cannot enjoy the story.  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:56 pm
Yami no Hitokiri
Actually, I'm ashamed of myself for not noticing it earlier since I've been on Gaia Online for almost three years now.

Actually, yes I do. Whenever I read a story on Fanfiction.net (that cesspool of grammatical inanity), I end up noticing so many spelling and punctuation errors, I end up twitching and generally cannot enjoy the story.

I know that feeling and sympathize with you completely. The inanity mercilessly assaults the brain to the point of experiencing physical pain. It's really hard to find good fanfiction these days... -sighs and sniffs sadly-  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:23 pm
Masamune no Hi
I wonder how many mistakes like that that are on this website.

It's not really a mistake. You can't put apostrophes at times, for coding purposes.

Stabs you in the eyes, but hell--nothing anyone can do about it. neutral  

Triste

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:09 pm
I think because of this I have become more aware of mistakes found on the site.

Go to Gambino's Outfitters. Click on one of the skull hairpins for the description. I think they meant "avant garde" instead of "avast garde."  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff