Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
English teachers. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you smarter than your English teacher?
  Definitely.
  No, but I'm not dumb or anything. (Of course you're not dumb!)
View Results

The One and Only Guardian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:23 pm
My teacher's absolutely wonderful! :3 One of my friends cam to my current school because he was smarter than his teacher at his last school. xD How sad... confused  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:27 pm
I must say I'm not smarter than my teacher.
She surpasses me in grammar, of course.  

limp dick

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:27 pm
I'm not smarter than my English teacher. However, out of the entire class, I'm the one whom is the most up to par with her. We have some pretty interesting discussions during lunch hours. Of course, she owns my butt in grammar though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:30 pm
xAvenirYuinax
I'm not smarter than my English teacher. However, out of the entire class, I'm the one whom is the most up to par with her. We have some pretty interesting discussions during lunch hours. Of course, she owns my butt in grammar though.

Haha, same here. The lunch part is a bit off, though. My teach rarely comes and talks about stuff that we would choose. Usually one of the other girls will say something if our teacher sits down next to us. :3 I must say, her comments on my writing assignments are always so encouraging! 3nodding  

xAvenirYuinax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:44 pm
xAvenirYuinax

Haha, same here. The lunch part is a bit off, though. My teach rarely comes and talks about stuff that we would choose. Usually one of the other girls will say something if our teacher sits down next to us. :3 I must say, her comments on my writing assignments are always so encouraging! 3nodding

Well, I can only really talk to her when she's on supervision duty. Although during recess she'll often seek me out just to talk for those fifteen minutes.

She doesn't do a lot of creative writing but apparently my writing skills carry into the formal writing area. Of which I am glad, and her as well. :3 She likes the insight that I have that most people my age don't possess. Makes me feel happy. >.<  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:45 pm
I don't know how you can say somebody is "better" than you in grammar. It's not like a grammar is an art form. It's a finite list of rules. Not terribly complicated.  

The Man who was Thursday

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:46 pm
Sadly, I cannot, and will never be smarter than my English teacher in grammar. With English being my second language, it's a wonder how I even got into an Advanced English Class.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:48 pm
xAvenirYuinax
xAvenirYuinax

Well, I can only really talk to her when she's on supervision duty. Although during recess she'll often seek me out just to talk for those fifteen minutes.

She doesn't do a lot of creative writing but apparently my writing skills carry into the formal writing area. Of which I am glad, and her as well. :3 She likes the insight that I have that most people my age don't possess. Makes me feel happy. >.<

We don't get recess anymore. Just a few minutes to talk with our friends, then off to class. D:  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:50 pm
Ezra Pound
I don't know how you can say somebody is "better" than you in grammar. It's not like a grammar is an art form. It's a finite list of rules. Not terribly complicated.

Okay, mister, I get it. xD wink What I really meant to ask was about catching grammar mistake. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:36 pm
Here is the summary of my English teacher:

She signs 'luv u' at the bottom of the papers. Do I really need to say much more about how pitiful that is? She obviouly has the knowledge, but doesn't put it to good use. gonk  

Cintax Error

Natilly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:09 pm
My teacher is Crazy and has his own methods that are far from the books... Sadly I was failing the class until exams, and then I got a B- ! whee I guess it does pay off.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:15 pm
My English teacher last year would lecture us on something we would 'supposedly' write on, then change it at the last minute. She would then, in the essays, tell us we were off topic and we sucked. I asked my uncle who is an AP English teacher what was wrong with my essay and he was confused because there was nothing wrong with that.

The punch line is that she is still teaching at the school after students complained she didn't know what she was doing.  

Ice_Assassin

Burton13

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:35 pm
I can't say that I'm smarter than my english teacher although I can see why many people would say I am. She's a new teacher at my school and as could be expected is very disorganized and has little control over my class. I unfortunately am one of the only participating members in the period.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:36 am
my english teacher is seriously stupid, he keeps making "deliberate mistakes." the calss and i have to keep correcting him on his spelling and grammer. i dont clam to be smart just smarter that him  

dray911

PrincessPeachey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:36 am
Most of my peers comment that I'm smarter than the majority of the teachers at our school (some of them are quite incompetent) but not the two English teachers I've had. My old one made a few mistakes but nothing major, and taught us more about the technical side of English (how to construct sentences, when to use apostrophes etc). My current teacher is more about comprehending texts and forming opinions because 'that's what Year 12 English is all about'. However, she has gotten our class to actually think. Now that's pretty amazing.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff