Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Do you have those times where... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love good grammar?
  Yep!
View Results

BlueDetective

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:53 pm
Do you have those times where you just automatically correct someone's grammar when you hear them use bad grammar?

The other day my brother was in the kitchen and he said to my mom, "Her did it." And even though I was the one in trouble, I automatically went, "She did it." Granted, he's only four, but I couldn't help it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:55 pm
Oh gosh, yes. I accidentally corrected my science teacher once. Thank goodness he didn't hear me! xD  

The One and Only Guardian

The Man who was Thursday

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
No. I prefer to let things slide, because to do otherwise is to be a total a*****e.

Unless, of course, the person wants to be corrected. Most people don't.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:03 pm
Circumstance depending, I tend to just make the mental correction, either that or mutter it under my breath.

I've also developed a nasty habit to correct exercise sheets that I receive, not the ones that we have to hand back in. I want my teachers to keep liking me. o.o  

xAvenirYuinax

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:18 pm
I usually notice mistakes on worksheets, but I just show my friends (and not the teacher) if it's just a grammar mistake.

"Look, there's a mistake on the worksheet!"

This is just one way I can distract my classmates. There are many others, but this is off-topic.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:55 pm
I make an effort to hang out with grammatically correct people... and I'll only correct someone if it's a really major mistake or if it's on a test. I am the grammar fairy!  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

omiyashi0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:33 pm
Yes, I'm always correcting people on their grammar. It's usually my English teacher too. I correct him out loud, during class, and likes it! I correct him... about 2 times a week. Whenever I do, he'll say "See that's what I'm trying to get you guys to do; be able to correct someone's grammatical errors in an instant." So now whenever he talks, I listen really hard for errors. It's fun. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:37 pm
Yeah. I do that all the time. My family has gotten used to using proper grammar. I always end up correcting them if they don't.  

KadajNu

YourLovelyBear

Beloved Bear

17,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:55 pm
I like correcting people...so I correct them on their grammar. Like...my family...and then my older brother hits me, or my mom gets a little mad ;__;  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:51 pm
Correcting bad grammar has become an odd habit of mine. sweatdrop People usually seek me out if they have a question.

Even when I read another person's paper for, say, a report, I'll automatically whip out a pen and correct their grammar or spelling. ninja  

Subservient Nonentity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:03 pm
xAvenirYuinax
Circumstance depending, I tend to just make the mental correction, either that or mutter it under my breath.

I've also developed a nasty habit to correct exercise sheets that I receive, not the ones that we have to hand back in. I want my teachers to keep liking me. o.o

Haha. When I'm with friends, I usually do the same. Correcting my Science teacher was a complete accident, though. sweatdrop I always like to correct my family members. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:05 pm
subservient_x_nonentity
Correcting bad grammar has become an odd habit of mine. sweatdrop People usually seek me out if they have a question.

Even when I read another person's paper for, say, a report, I'll automatically whip out a pen and correct their grammar or spelling. ninja

Hehe. Everytime we peer-edit, people come looking for me. It's been that way ever since first grade. We would write in journals, and when they didn't know how to spell something, I would be their resource. xD Everyone knows that I not only correct grammar and spelling, but I also give advice on the paper. ;D  

[~~Bakky~~]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:38 pm
I keep getting in trouble for correcting my family's mistakes. >.>''  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:47 pm
Ahh, I have never really done that before. Maybe once or twice.  

Julia Mae

Chase Keyhole

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:11 pm
I correct people all the time. It's a bad habit of mine, I say bad habit because usually people don't like being corrected.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff