The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
The Harry Potter guilds that have to do with "slashing" Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slashing Guilds Towards Harry Potter Offensive?
  YAH!
  NO
  Harry Potter Tis' a way of life ban the slashing guilds!
View Results

guy_lover_450

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:24 pm
i hate those kinds of guilds because they are so offensive to me as an Harry Potter fan. Slashing guilds shouldnt be allowed on Gaia. I dont understand why people have to see Harry Potter in a sexual way. its fine if you wanna like say people are cute and you wanna date them or whatever but its another thing if your talking about the characters being sexual towards eachother. and im not talking about Hermione + whoever should be together or Harry + someone or whatever im talking about how people always on those guilds say "Oh Harry + Draco all the way" and crap like that. Harry Potter should not be seen as that but as a way of life. it just upset me and i sent a guild report to them and the Admins said that its not against Gaia rules. i think it should be banned. what do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:40 am
Look, I don't like reading any fan fic because I have no interest in reading anything other than what JK Rowling puts into her books. But all I do is not read it and just ignore it. But I also realise that people are into it, so I respect that they think like this and leave them to it. I don't feel like I have any right to criticise them.

If you do have such a big problem with it, then I'm sorry, but just try to ignore it because you're not going to feel any better by stirring people up...and some people might get defensive about it.  

Spoilt_lil_missy

covo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:02 pm
Slashing doesn't really bother me too much unless it's a crazy pairing like Dumbledore and Ron.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:18 am
Personally, I'm not a fan of slash, but I'm not against it...I mean if it's what you like, then it's what you like...I don't see the fun in it...or anything, but I guess everyone has an opinion or whatever. *shrug* I don't really think it's offensive either...I just think it's kind of funny to see what kind of pairings people come up with because we, as bookies, know what can and can't happen. heart Let people have thier fun.  

l3roken5oul

Shigures Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:50 am
=] C a r t e l - H o n e s t l y

I think that people who like slash should have the right to worship whatever pair they want. But maybe I just think that because I happen to like HarryxDraco. xDDD

How exactly is it offensive?

--~~--

Please don't mind what I'm trying to say

'Cause I'm, I'm being honest
You're part of the reason I'm so set on the rest of my life
Being a part of you
You tell me what you think about being open,
About being honest with yourself.

'Cause things will never be the same.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:21 pm
I don't really see how it's offensive. It's very similar to saying who should be with who. Like Hermione and Ron. I know it's been hinted at already but what of when people were saying stuff like that when the first book came out. (It wasn't hinted at then right? sweatdrop ) The only difference is the orientation. And one really can't be prejusdice(sorry my spelling isn't that good) about that. That's kinda like racism. Not nice. Or at least that's my opinion. redface  

MyMoonlitDream

Romantic Trafficker

Mara Jade Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:12 pm
I really don't like slashing. personally I believe it is wrong, and overall, Harry Potter is a classic. Things like that just don't need to be even THOUGHT about in a series like that. Keep it clean the way it is......  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:59 pm
Slashing doesn't bother me so long as people don't start telling me about it, and trying to get me to join them and their crazed fantasies.

SinsOfTheDivine

sarrigurl8

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:54 pm
guy_lover_450
i hate those kinds of guilds because they are so offensive to me as an Harry Potter fan. Slashing guilds shouldnt be allowed on Gaia. I dont understand why people have to see Harry Potter in a sexual way. its fine if you wanna like say people are cute and you wanna date them or whatever but its another thing if your talking about the characters being sexual towards eachother. and im not talking about Hermione + whoever should be together or Harry + someone or whatever im talking about how people always on those guilds say "Oh Harry + Draco all the way" and crap like that. Harry Potter should not be seen as that but as a way of life. it just upset me and i sent a guild report to them and the Admins said that its not against Gaia rules. i think it should be banned. what do you guys think?

I see why ur offended by it but ppl will be ppl and keep doing it....the only advice i have is to act like you dont kno its happening cuz ur jus going to get even more upset....SRY THO!!!!!!

<3 ya sarah  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:12 pm
I don't find it offensive, though i do see it pointless. Unless jk changed all her views when she wrote book 7, a harryxchoxneville is more likely than the most popular slashes. If they chose to live in a fantasy, those who are obsessed and hope for it to happen that is, have the right to their creepy fantasies, lol.  

The Chronokinetic King

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:48 pm
guy_lover_450

So, are you against sexual themes in Harry Potter all together, or just the slash ones? Because what you said sounds very bigoted and homophobic to me. I don't find slash offensive at all. People should be able to express their opinions about the books in whatever way they so choose. (In fact, I'm personally a H/D shipper)  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:08 pm
wow ur really close minded
people like u make the world really crap
*shakes head* how sad  

weirdgeniousxD

hellomandy

Friendly Codger

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:30 pm
It might be offensive to some people, but hey. That's what some people are into, even if I wouldn't ever set foot in one of those guilds.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:41 pm
LOL

OOOH the things Ive done to Harry and Draco! Sirius and Remus! Sirius and Snape!!!

I should be sued.... seriously twisted

but anyway That first post just made you sound like a homophobe.

"Its okay for people to like Harry + whoever (AS LONG AS ITS A GIRL) or Hermione + whoever (AS LONG AS ITS A GUY) but those people who like harry + draco? Theyre grossssss eeewww mommmy make it stop"

Harry Potter isnt as innocent as you think anyway. JK was all "Well theyre teenagers now, theyre going to start thinking about teenager things."

OH this is offtopic but anyways, Sirius refers to James as an "arrogant little berk"

You know what berk means? c**t LOL! I personally thought that was hysterical.

Anyways, stop being a society princess and get used to slash or continue being closed-minded and ignore it.

Its here, Its queer and its not going anywhere for a verrrrrry long time.... if ever!

P.S. According to my friend Jeremy who lives in kent (Iunno where that is but whatever) He said the adult versions of the Harry Potter books are jsut that over there, at least he thinks so... So apparently, since americas books are all printed by scholastic, we get the kid versions emo

Tech no logy

Salty Codger

sarrigurl8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:15 pm
weirdgeniousxD
wow ur really close minded
people like u make the world really crap
*shakes head* how sad

I agree!  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items