Elitism Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:39 pm
One thing I can't abide and have noticed alot with self proclaimed goths, this elitism, this view of 'if your not exactly like me your not goth enough.' Proof of this being the dominant view is in the band Death Stars, who all look like Dani Filth and Marilyn Manson clones in S.S. Uniforms. The thing that really gets me though, is if someone asks about the culture, or how one is defined as goth, most people, as opposed to being reasonable and helping someone become a valuable and informed member of the community, call them a pouser and other such names. Yet then these same people complain about the lack of true goths and that there are so many fakes wondering around, it seems to be, the number of fakes and pousers who are around would lessen if 'real' goths actually helpped them into the community.

Now I don't know if its because I've been out of the loop or I missed a memo, but I have no idea why this attitude pervays in a culture, losing out to whiney teens in tight pants (the emo sub-culture) is determined to drive away anyone with an interest. Is there any light someone can shed on this for me?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:45 pm
Well I wouldn't consider elitism a world-wide epidemic for goths... I mean sure some poseurs can be annoying, but if we all looked exactly alike, then there'd really be no point to it and we'd all be like cattle.
Me, personally I try to sell suspected poseurs on trying bands like Siouxsie and the Banshees, Joy Division, and Sex Gang Children. I don't force them, but if they enjoy the music, it's a win/win situation smile
Another good idea is to try showing them what they can make out of "normal" clothes, without having to get insta-gothed at Hot Topic.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Plan-Galere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:50 pm
I'm not goth, but I AM an elitist.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:57 pm
miraridemon

As evidenced by a particular guild in your sig lol  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:59 pm
Dead Ed
miraridemon

Lol, I have no beef with Facists, they leave me alone, I leave them alone.
Though if I wanted too, I could turn into the Omega Supreme... hell even Primus of Elitests.

I apologise for the Transformers refferences, I just watched the remastered special edition version of the movie.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:12 pm
Rellik San
Dead Ed
miraridemon

Though if I wanted too, I could turn into the Omega Supreme... hell even Primus of Elitests.

I apologise for the Transformers refferences, I just watched the remastered special edition version of the movie.

I would be pleased to educate you as to why fascism, especially not the Fascist Guild, does not have to be elitist. For example, many fascist guild members are NOT right wing thinkers, but can be called "communists", because we recognize the variety of opinions, and believe that it is fruitless to have a guild for "preaching to the choir".

I'm not a fascist because I'm elitist, nor am I an elitist because I am a fascist.

My elitism stems from my morals and overwhelming contempt.

Plan-Galere

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:14 pm
miraridemon
Rellik San
Dead Ed
miraridemon

I would be pleased to educate you as to why fascism, especially not the Fascist Guild, does not have to be elitist. For example, many fascist guild members are NOT right wing thinkers, but can be called "communists", because we recognize the variety of opinions, and believe that it is fruitless to have a guild for "preaching to the choir".

I'm not a fascist because I'm elitist, nor am I an elitist because I am a fascist.

Ah so your elitism stems from the on high evangelism of bible belt christians. So the guild is more for general discussion of the subject as opposed to a directly faccist movement, though as interesting as personal politics are to me, I'd be sickened by the amount of people who'd join to cause trouble and start abuse.

I have enough of that being moderator of the Emo Guild (don't start, I joined to have a laugh at their expense, but my jokes were so cutting, and well informed it cleared out alot of the riff raff and I got made a mod.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:20 pm
Rellik San
miraridemon
Rellik San
Dead Ed
miraridemon

Ah so your elitism stems from the on high evangelism of bible belt christians. So the guild is more for general discussion of the subject as opposed to a directly faccist movement, though as interesting as personal politics are to me, I'd be sickened by the amount of people who'd join to cause trouble and start abuse.

I have enough of that being moderator of the Emo Guild (don't start, I joined to have a laugh at their expense, but my jokes were so cutting, and well informed it cleared out alot of the riff raff and I got made a mod.)

Ha, ha. Although I am a Christian, I am hardly an evangelist, or a relgious elitst. In fact, I am currently beginning to study Islam in my free time.

As for the vulnerability of the fascist guild? That seems almost like a misnomer. As you can imagine, we only accept people who seem to be cream of their crop, and it's a well moderated guild. I've never seen an issue with abuse. We're not (all) Nazis. You want the GNG for that.  

Plan-Galere

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:23 pm
miraridemon
Rellik San
miraridemon
Rellik San
Dead Ed
miraridemon

Ha, ha. Although I am a Christian, I am hardly an evangelist, or a relgious elitst. In fact, I am currently beginning to study Islam in my free time.

As for the vulnerability of the fascist guild? That seems almost like a misnomer. As you can imagine, we only accept people who seem to be cream of their crop, and it's a well moderated guild. I've never seen an issue with abuse. We're not (all) Nazis. You want the GNG for that.

Yeah sure, it sounds interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:25 pm
Rellik San

Sense I sarcasm?
I'm very politcally minded, but I suppose of you're not, it's not an interesting thing.  

Plan-Galere

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:28 pm
miraridemon
Rellik San

Sense I sarcasm?
I'm very politcally minded, but I suppose of you're not, it's not an interesting thing.

Bad habbit of mine, I come off as sarcastic when I'm being sincere. When I'm sarcastic, I'm overtly, almost soul crushingly so.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:33 pm
Rellik San
miraridemon
Rellik San

Sense I sarcasm?

Bad habbit of mine, I come off as sarcastic when I'm being sincere. When I'm sarcastic, I'm overtly, almost soul crushingly so.

Ah, I have a bad habit of understatement and sarcasm as well. In fact, I tend to come off that way too.  

Plan-Galere

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:36 pm
miraridemon
Rellik San
miraridemon
Rellik San

Sense I sarcasm?

Ah, I have a bad habit of understatement and sarcasm as well. In fact, I tend to come off that way too.

Thats the problem with the internet... no one can here your tone of voice. So no one can tell if your being sincere or not.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:39 pm
Rellik San
miraridemon
Rellik San
miraridemon
Rellik San

Sense I sarcasm?

Thats the problem with the internet... no one can here your tone of voice. So no one can tell if your being sincere or not.

I tend to sound sincere even when using biting sarcasm.  

Plan-Galere

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:41 pm
miraridemon
Rellik San
miraridemon
Rellik San
miraridemon
Rellik San

Sense I sarcasm?

I tend to sound sincere even when using biting sarcasm.

Haha, then I guess it makes being an elitest tough for you.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff