Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
Why does Kenshin wear a pink gi? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poisonarrow713

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:06 pm
Why does kenshin wear a pink gi, because I have no idea and its bugging the heck out of me! xd please post ^.^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:10 pm
I'm not sure why the animators chose to have his gi be pink. On the manga covers, Kenshin wears mostly red and blue, NEVER pink.  

Ukita_Shiro

mysteriouschic

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:46 pm
I have no idea  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:52 pm
I'm not sure, but just as a statement. In the manga, his gi alternated between navy blue and magenta/dark red in the colored illustrations...*refers to volume 10 cover*...

miken-chan

randomshoes77

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:04 pm
Because the animators SUCK!

Kenshin doesn't wear pink in the manga... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:59 am
randomshoes77
Because the animators SUCK!

Kenshin doesn't wear pink in the manga... stare
xd lol  

poisonarrow713

Kimiko Sakato

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:14 am
Yeah, he doesn't wear pink in the manga...
Maybe it was a color-misconception with the animators, or someone was color-blind... okay, that was lame, but the only thing I could come up with...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:30 pm
somebody help me out on this, i heard that the series had to be completely redrawn for america, and thats when the pink thing happened, ideas anyone?  

Eternal wanderer

SilentNinjaFox

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:09 am
Eternal wanderer
somebody help me out on this, i heard that the series had to be completely redrawn for america, and thats when the pink thing happened, ideas anyone?

no.. i'm pretty sure they didn't redraw it for america. on the dvd's there isn't an animation difference. it would also take waaaay too much effort to draw it over again just to send it to another country.....
someone probably just felt like putting a really strong and powerful character into pink.. *thinks back to Vegeta-in-pink-shirt episode from DBZ*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:19 pm
yea in the manga he only wears red and blue ive never seen pink  

santannamoss

Nighty Night Nighty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:44 pm
SilentNinjaFox
Eternal wanderer

no.. i'm pretty sure they didn't redraw it for america. on the dvd's there isn't an animation difference. it would also take waaaay too much effort to draw it over again just to send it to another country.....
someone probably just felt like putting a really strong and powerful character into pink.. *thinks back to Vegeta-in-pink-shirt episode from DBZ*

...With these eyes shut, looking through the rust and rot and dust, a small spot of light floods the floor...

-Ish new here-

I thought it was extremely funny when Vegeta was wearing pink. xD

Aaanyways, I have no idea. I have an idea, however.

In one of the manga volumes (I don't remember which one), Watsuki wanted Kenshin to be the opposite of his first character. (Named Hiko Seijuro. Oh, how ironic. xD )

Hiko was a buff man in shiny armor, and manly. Kenshin turned out to be the opposite...girly.

Maybe the animators did that as a joke? I dunno.

Or another common theory: The animators was somewhat color-blind.

x___x

...it pours over the rusted world of pretend, and these eyes they open and it's dark again...

Lyrics from Forgotten by Linkin Park.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:35 am
Hmm.... I don't know... I always thought it was ment to be red anyway. I just thought that all the colors of the show were really faded, and so the red looked pink. I really don't think they intended to make it pink on purpose. Besides all the dolls have dark read... and maybe they just couldn't get the dark red to show up so they used something different...  

Melody Rhyme
Vice Captain

BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:39 pm
eternal_night64448
SilentNinjaFox
Eternal wanderer

...With these eyes shut, looking through the rust and rot and dust, a small spot of light floods the floor...

-Ish new here-

I thought it was extremely funny when Vegeta was wearing pink. xD

Aaanyways, I have no idea. I have an idea, however.

In one of the manga volumes (I don't remember which one), Watsuki wanted Kenshin to be the opposite of his first character. (Named Hiko Seijuro. Oh, how ironic. xD )

Hiko was a buff man in shiny armor, and manly. Kenshin turned out to be the opposite...girly.

Maybe the animators did that as a joke? I dunno.

Or another common theory: The animators was somewhat color-blind.

x___x

...it pours over the rusted world of pretend, and these eyes they open and it's dark again...

Lyrics from Forgotten by Linkin Park.

I think I might have to with either those two
xd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:46 pm
maybe seijuro made him wear it as an insult. it wouldn't be the first from him.  

BubbaYoshi117

cavad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:50 pm
because pink bring the truth manhood of a person lol, u hear this saying, ti take a man to wear pink  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff