Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~
Rurouni Kenshin clothing Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you wear something out of RuroKen?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Silverotter107

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:35 pm
Sooo... The clothing and outfits found in the books and show.

Discuss:
Are they (that aren't kimono, western, gi, or hakama) historically acurate?
Do you like them?
If you could have a perfect cosplay of any character, who would it be?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:34 pm
Well, I have no idea if they are historically accurate, but I do like most of them. My favorite clothing item of all would have to be Sanosuke's jacket. I would love to see a perfect cosplay of Sanosuke!!  

Rune WolfHaven

SilentNinjaFox

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:54 pm
I'm cosplaying as Kenshin and my friend is going as Kaoru (were trying to get her boyfriend to go as Saitou because he has the build for it and doesn't want to be Sano because of the exposed chest-ness) for the next con we go to which is May. >.><.< xd
Aoshi's costume is really cool...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:32 pm
^^ Heh heh, I went as Kenshin for Halloween this year. All I was missing was the sword... *sigh*

It was annoying. As I was buying my fabric, my dad told me those weren't traditional colors. And I was like, WTF? Really?

But thinking about it, why would Kenshin wear white hakama? He was an assassin, he'd need new pants every time he was in a battle. @.@

BUT! I love Misao's outfits, both street and kunochi ones. I wanna make a shirt like her street one. If I had the figure, I'd try to make her kunochi one and wear it.
I also like Shishio's whore's outfit, but I wouldn't where it, just cuz it's hers.
My fave though is Kenshin's outfit when he's younger and training with Hiko. You don't really see it alot in the manga, but it shows up for a few minutes in Trust & Betrayal. I hope that atleast is historically accurate cuz, tho I'm totally game for making it now, it'd be even more fun to make. 3nodding  

Silverotter107

S-h-a-d-o-w

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:51 pm
I don't know if they are totally historically accurate, but I like them.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:01 am
S-h-a-d-o-w
I don't know if they are totally historically accurate, but I like them.

mysteriouschic

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hurrikan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:46 pm
I would wear Kenshin's outfit. Seems really comfy in the winter.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:48 pm
I'd wear the jacket that Hiko wears.  

BubbaYoshi117

C0FFIN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:58 am
would dress like Kenshin or Sano any where any time  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:36 pm
Meh,I wouldn't mind wearing one of Kaoru's kimonos

=]
heart

BunnyCupCakes

samuraichikX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:52 pm
they are historically acurate i beleive

i would wear kenshin's gi and hakama definately to either a martial arts class or to sleep, those look comfy and kaoru's kimono's are really pretty so would probably wear those  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:57 am
Although, I have to admit...Out of all of the outfits, the one that sticks in my mind as one I really don't like is Megumi's outfit...For some reason I don't like it...  

Rune WolfHaven

Zara the Shadow of Chaos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:25 pm
I'd cosplay as Sano because he's a badass!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:23 pm
Silverotter107
But thinking about it, why would Kenshin wear white hakama? He was an assassin, he'd need new pants every time he was in a battle. @.@ 3nodding

He didn't wear white hakama back then, he wore gray with a blue shirt because they were Ishin-Shichi colors... at least that's if my information is correct. Either way, he probably got the clothes through the Ishin-Shishi, seeing as he was poor and jobless when he joined. Oh, and I agree, I would totally wear Misao's outfits! They actually look like something that wouldn't be too bad to wear walking around in america. And Kenshin's outfit looks so comfortable! And convenient too, you could stick stuff in the gi...@_@. But I'd have to wear bandages too... I'm cosplaying him at AnimeCon this year. And Karou's kimonos are so beautiful! I'd wear them anytime.  

ObSesSeDwithKeNsHiN730

flutflut

Hopeful Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:51 pm
if i could have a perfect cosplay, it would be kenshin!!!  
~The Rurouni Kenshin Guild~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff