Submit

Love life?
  Umm right
  I love me
  Its better then the alternative
View Results

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:10 am
Do you ever wonder what makes us cling to this life? Even when all is miserable and everything we hoped for and wanted seems to be falling down around us. When everything is spiraling out of control we still cling so tightly to this life. I am a cutter to ease my pain when it is overwhelming. In my most desperate moments I think/dream/obsess over suicide yet I would never actually do so. Do we secretly, even from ourselves, love this life? Or do we know there is nothing else and so as difficult as it can be sometimes we know its better then being nothing?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:33 am
basic human survival instinct, is the answer to why we cling to life, even at our lowest. Everything alive on this planet strives for two things, to live and to breed.  

Rellik San
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:32 am
I would not say that I "cling" to this life.

Yet, I do not feel that everything is spiraling out of control either.

I learn to be content whatever the circumstances.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:23 am
DarkPrincesa
Do you ever wonder what makes us cling to this life? Even when all is miserable and everything we hoped for and wanted seems to be falling down around us. When everything is spiraling out of control we still cling so tightly to this life. I am a cutter to ease my pain when it is overwhelming. In my most desperate moments I think/dream/obsess over suicide yet I would never actually do so. Do we secretly, even from ourselves, love this life? Or do we know there is nothing else and so as difficult as it can be sometimes we know its better then being nothing?

Maybe some feel that its better to have something rather then nothing.
Or even though its a cruel and miserable world there is still the good things about it. Once you've been here for so long you get use to your freinds, your family, and the things you do everyday that you injoy.
There may be little or alot of things that bother you in your life. But if you just decied to walk away from it you throw away not only what you hate about it but what you love about it.

Once you been apart of this world for so long its hard to part from it, like smoking a cigerette, drinking, or even biting your nails. First you begin then you last lil longer then you do it all your life. Your use to it and its hard to part from it.

Those who alot of those who succesfuly kill them selfs never wanted to leave but to them they probly felt there was no other way. And un like use who never succeded or even tried to leave this world, they succed also becuase they may not even have the slightest bit of anything good to begin with. Then if its a life of only suffering some times its the only way to ease the pain. becuase where still here becuase we have at least something, one thing to live for, but for some others who left us may not have had anything at all.

Yes this may not always be the most pleasnt world to live in, but if you have people you care for, hobbbies and things you love to do, then you will gladly suffer through all the rest just to beable to injoy those moments.  

Crazy_Vamp666

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:33 am
DarkPrincesa

Even as a cutter some may use that use that to ease themselves from the pain that is going on, but cutters almost never go through and succeed on killing themselfs do to the fact that they know with out even thinking about of those who would miss the suicidal person once they are dead.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:39 am
Devils_lilboy
Even as a cutter some may use that use that to ease themselves from the pain that is going on, but cutters almost never go through and succeed on killing themselfs do to the fact that they know with out even thinking about of those who would miss the suicidal person once they are dead.

And most suicides are people with mental illnesses severe enough to convince them that they're a burden on their loved ones. Suicide is a case of misplaced selflessness, a deluded impression that people's lives would be better if you weren't there.

Suicide is uncommon because it takes a really severe illness to make you hate yourself so completely. Somewhere inside us all, even if we're mentally ill, there's a part of us that clings to hope and sees our own worth. It can be stifled, but it's very hard to destroy it entirely. It is the c***k of light that filters through all the abuse our personal demons try to heap on us, and I am very glad it's there.  

Veruniel
Crew

Kristoya

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:42 pm
I think I have a pessimistic view of this topic: It's not hope, it's instinct. Basic survival of the species nonsense. We have to live to reproduce and keep our species going.

Sure, our brains will logic it out with "oh, I have to keep living not because I just have a basic survival/reproduction instinct but because there's something better meant for me", and I'd love to believe that and HAVE believed it myself. But at the end of the day, I think it's an unconcious primitave desire and nothing more.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:54 pm
Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat.

That, in some peoples' views, is life. But I believe that life is a gift too good to pass up, so I love life. 3nodding blaugh  

Love.Your.Hate.

-Isel-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:01 pm
slipknot_afi_freakazoid

That, in some peoples' views, is life. But I believe that life is a gift too good to pass up, so I love life. 3nodding blaugh

It's a shame that you have to quote the addled brainchild of nine idiots from the Midwest... in order to explain why people want to live.

I think that there's got to be a reason why I'm here, after eight or so mechanical errors in suicide. Something must have been personally wrong with me at the time, for me to pull triggers on old guns or to tie bowlines instead of slipknots in place of a proper noose, or to just not take enough Advil. I believe that LSD may have had something to do with it, but strangely enough, the bulk of those attempts were before the drug use (7 of 8 were prior to the major addiction phase). Was it apathy? Possibly.

Honestly, I find comfort in knowing when I'm going to die, because that means I don't have to subject myself to any sort of "injury by fate". Offing myself at a certain age has given me control of my destiny, all in all.

Basically, I only wish to cling to this life for as long as I have to.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:16 pm
Rellik San
basic human survival instinct, is the answer to why we cling to life, even at our lowest. Everything alive on this planet strives for two things, to live and to breed.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:10 pm
spooky_sez
Rellik San

Damn straight... also, I actually have Jaynes Jaunty hat.

lol.

'You have to be a brave man indeed to wear a hat like that.'  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:23 pm
General cases, human survival instinct.

However, in my case, I love my life. Some may disagree and say philosophical bullshit and that I'm only tricking myself, but it isn't. I am happy in my life. I've had my ups and downs, and currently we're barely able to pay for an internet connection, because we don't have much money. I barely have any clothes, or jewelry and trinkets, because right now we're in a situation where it's food, or the stuff we want. WE've been movbing a lot, and I never truly settle in one place, and next month will be the third school I transferred into this school year. I hate change, but yet I'm happy. I've gone through a lot of s**t in my life; my piece of s**t father abandoning my sister and myself before I could even say "mama", close friends dying before my eyes, been robbed more times than I can remember, had to spend a lot of time protecting my family from my neighborhood which had constant shootouts 1-2 times a day, and even had to be the one holding the gun(though I've never killed anyone, just usually shot at the legs or arms) a few times.

There've been worse and worse times in my life, which I really don't feel like listing because it'd take too damn long, but in spite of all that I am happy. I am content with what I have, because I know I can't have it any other way, nor would I really want it to. I try to have fun, and do. I enjoy my life. I know if someone were to pull a gun to my herad, and I were to beg for my life, it wouldn't be 'survival instinct', but because I love my life.

Nero PsyKoTiX

Love.Your.Hate.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:18 pm
Isel
slipknot_afi_freakazoid

It's a shame that you have to quote the addled brainchild of nine idiots from the Midwest... in order to explain why people want to live.

In my opinion, it fit... oh well. Considering these "idiots" make up one of my main musical inspirations, I found it appropriate.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:29 pm
Rellik San
spooky_sez
Rellik San

Damn straight... also, I actually have Jaynes Jaunty hat.

lol.

'You have to be a brave man indeed to wear a hat like that.'

a very brave man indeed  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:31 pm
I'm in love with life. So there's no clinging to it for me. As for dealing with the sadest, most hopeless moments, I'm not sure how I aquired this talent but I can find the beauty in the darkest most dreadful places. I could be alone with nothing and I can find beauty in that. Just feeling is a reason for me to live. As long as I'm feeling everything's okay. In fact, I see hardship and sadness as something to propel me forward. I live to experience , because it's not the end result of your life that makes it worth living but what you do getting there.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff