Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
I tried...I gave him a chance...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SonarP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:06 pm
This is a post I made on my blog when I tried to role-play with an illiterate from Neopets (Yes, I was a Neo-y..)

This is why I HATE illiterate "no0bs"!!
Okies, umm....I gotta talk about this. There was this person I met online, just online, and I was desperate enough to to an rp with him. Nothing "bad" mind you, but I had to deal with his slaughter of the English language! Rewind some months ago. He spoke to me out of the blue, so I was intentionally rude to him to get him off my back. He said the reason why he was that way was because he broke his arm. I asked him how old he was, and he said he was 19.............. I was thinking to myself, "Okay...yah, whatever." So this guy, like, talks to me again, and again. This time, though, I thought he actually might've changed. I guess I was wrong. DEAD. WRONG. Wanna see how bad this guy is? Check this out. Oh, before I show you guys, this was going to be a Silent Hill rp...but he EFFING KILLED SILENT HILL with this!!! >_< Read at your own risk. Take some Advil or Tylonol, 'r something while your at it. Oh, and umm...I also did a little experiment to see if he actually noticed if I was literate or not. I guess he didn't notice, because he didn't say anything. As you guys will see, I intentionally made countless errors, but not as bad as he did. Maybe even worse to show him, or try to show him the errors of his ways.

miqmiq89: her eys moved arund the room she was found in, she was speechless. her body ached, and she didn't no where she was.
Surge7221: there was a key in her room as well as a key in his a young man wearing a white sweat shirt black shirt and jeans with big boots. his hair was long and tied back.
Miqmiq89: her body finaly jolted, aknoledging her surroundings. she looked at her hands, corverd in blood. a terrifyed scream passed her lips
Surge7221: her scream woke him up.he looked around" am i dead?"
Surge7221: hello?
Miqmiq89: "what is this?! what am I doing here? and why am I with you?!" her body was choked and and ridled with alarm.
Surge7221: (ie: another room.) with a small hole between them.
Surge7221: "who's that?" Miqmiq89: "i dunno what I'm doing here," sayd a voice.a man looked at her with a strange look in his eys.he appered like 30, hs berd tracing to the side of his chin to near his ears.
Surge7221: (and me?)
Miqmiq89: "oh, yah, i guess you too she said, glancing at the kid in yin-yang colors. what aer you doing her?
Surge7221: ( next room.)
Miqmiq89: (Oh.) maybe if i can see u, then i might actually decide to tlk to u," the girl sayd, snapping.
Surge7221: (hey, youre talking to an thrity year old while im alone.)
Miqmiq89: (Hey, I'm speaking to you from my room.)
Surge7221: oh." damn, what a b***h.."
Miqmiq89: the man looked calm in his spot on the floor.he did seem worried,but his state of mind was still.
Surge7221: he looked around an found his door locked.
Miqmiq89: the girl looked at the man for second, her eyes wavering between fear and sleepfulnes.the next time she opened hr eys, the man wasn;t there.
Surge7221: "hey! heeeey!"

Okies, umm....I actually tried to wake this dude up with some insults, and he didn't seem to understand them. This time, he made a good role-play involving DNA, plants, and anthropods. But what's the problem? This except was towards the end of my being online last night/this morning:
Miqmiq89: "2 bad i u found me. u shuld have let me di, she said her mouth opening, showing a sieng of a whale.
Surge7221: (what?0
Miqmiq89: (You can't understand that?)
Surge7221: no.)
Miqmiq89: (Want to correct all my grammer?)
Surge7221: just make it readable.))
Miqmiq89: (Funny. Our ideas about that are so different. As you can see, the standards, effort and care that I put in isn't what's being typed right now.)
Surge7221: (what the hell is the sign of the wale?)
Miqmiq89: (..Wale?...You mean whale, right?)
Surge7221: (yah.0
Miqmiq89: (What are whales known for?)
Surge7221: "being the biggest mamals in the world.)
Miqmiq89: (Which means..?)
Surge7221: they eat alot of smallest animals in the world.
Miqmiq89: (And that's just a small amount, right?)
Surge7221: yah.
Miqmiq89: (So you're telling me whales don't eat that much? They can satisfy their hunger in a snap?)
Surge7221: no.
Miqmiq89: (So, Socrates, what have we learned?)
Surge7221: they eat lots.
Miqmiq89: (And what's the sin of gluttony?)
Surge7221: eating tomuch.
Miqmiq89: (Hey, you wanna Nobel for that?)
Surge7221: ...........
Surge7221: new?
Miqmiq89: Nah, I'm gonna go off to bed. I need to finish my costume for this week's con, and I need to get a head start on it because my brother's birthday is tomorrow. See ya later.

....Hey, look! I think he got it! But he wanted to start a new one. O_o Okay, wtf? >_< If I do stumble upon any illiterate no0bs who want to role-play with me, this is where their conversations will go. And I'll actually try to make them feel how I feel when I look at their sentences and want to correct them, to make them better. When people type like this all the time, I make these assumptions depending on how long I've known them:
1) They're children, and need to be treated as such.
2) They're bs-ing, and not really caring or putting much effort. This especially follows in forums, since they have plenty of examples to look at.
3) They might have just got their computer, and are still getting used to typing/role-playing on the fly.

I'm not exactly a Grammer Nazi, since I mispell words in a form of dialect, but I don't think all people like that can't type, hence assumption #3. And it's true...some people do. I've known this guy for about...umm....'bout a year, and he's online a lot of the time. Can you guys at least see where I'm coming from?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:17 pm
I've seen worse.At first,I had a problem telling who was who.  

Arkly

Noche Flor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:04 pm
i don't know who is who  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:38 pm
I've seen worse, but still.

*cries on behalf of humanity*  

Eitur

`Kikyo

Prolific Partner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:28 pm
Pretty sad.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:56 pm
D: You can't tell it's me? I'm Miqmiq89.  

SonarP

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:07 am
Hm. I have to say: Your grammar in the entire post wasn't exactly awe inspiring.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games