Submit

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:23 am
I just wanted some advice seeing as how I've never been a mom, only a baby-sitter, and I came here because I'd rather have a Goth give me advice than some cheerslut (sorry if I just offended anyone). How would you dress them, what would you let them watch and do, would you be strict, would you be a stay-at-home mom?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:39 am
The only thing I would like to say is: CONGRATULATIONS.  

Disease of the Flesh

Athiel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:50 am
I should say that the best thing one can do when raising a child would be to promote and reward an open mind rather than stuffing it with whatever personal values/beliefs one might have.

But then, I hardly think I'm one to give advise on parentiness...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:28 am
I'd probably end up spoiling them. xd

And they could dress in what ever they wanted to once they reached the age to decide. Other wise.... Sweet Lolita all the way. lol (Unless it's a boy.)  

TheWitchGotRobin

SamuraiArren

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:21 pm
Like Athiel said, promote open-mindness!

I wouldn't recommend dressing your child in anything too 'gothed-out' but I'm sure there are some nice stores and websites which carry baby clothing that is to your liking.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:38 pm
Congratulations.

First, here's the number one rule of dressing your kid:

Have them wear what is comfortable, allows them to move as they like, and isn't hard to clean.

Babies NEED to move around. That's how they build strength, and how they learn from their environment. Put your infant in something that will give them the freedom to move as they want. Ignore what you would like them to wear, or what you think looks cute on a baby.  

GilAskan
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:52 pm
Congratulations hun ^^

I'd certainly recommend that you look after yourself during your pregnancy, eat well (you're eating for two!) and drink a lot of milk.

Read to you kid, that's one of the best chances in life you can give them. Read often and from a young age ^^

And be stingy with the sugar! If there's one thing that kids (and more importantly parents) don't need its candy, guarenteed to turn any kid into a candy-addicted monster eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:16 pm
I am not a mother, but I have always had the attitude that as long as my child had good manners, was polite respectful and the like they could dress anyway they like.

As for dressing when they are a baby its best to dress them in the colors normally associated with that sex, unless you don't mind strangers mixing it up. I love the baby goth stuff, but it never looks quite right on... and you know how you hate the stuff your parents tried to push on you...

heart Congratulations!! heart  

DarkPrincesa

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:26 pm
HAPPYYYYY! Congratulations, happy pregnantness!!

I have no idea as to what to tell you about raising little ones, but I'd probably make little gothy ones of 'em. Bite-size gothables. Awwwwwww. heart I, of course, mean that in the least offensive way possible. You keep your little ones off the menu, hear?

As far as teaching the kids goes... I'd probably teach them to be open-minded, respectful, and to have good manners. Show them how to become good and happy citizens. Read to them. Tell them stories. Et cetera.

I really don't know what else to say. Pretty much everything else I want to say has been covered by someone else. Except for one thing: Be strong. Be a strong, supportive mother, and be strong in your household rules. I wish you, your family, and your baby good health, lots of love, and good luck.

heart Ashy  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:16 pm
Congratulations! I wish I could offer advice on parenting, but I've no children and I'm not sure how I'd react if I did.  

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:21 pm
Neon~Starshine
I just wanted some advice seeing as how I've never been a mom, only a baby-sitter, and I came here because I'd rather have a Goth give me advice than some cheerslut (sorry if I just offended anyone). How would you dress them, what would you let them watch and do, would you be strict, would you be a stay-at-home mom?

Raise your child with an open mind, but at the same time instill the importance of morals, the difference between right and wrong, and values  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:09 pm
Congrats!!!

Ok, everyone said everything already.
But I still want to say something ( ^_^ )"

Its good to spoil them once in a while, but not a lot.
When you do, or anyone else does, make sure they respect it and don't just take it for granted.
And make sure they always say thank you.
Also, when he/she gets old enough and shows interest in something that their really good at, help keep them interested in it and to keep getting better at it.

(Its something I wished my parents did)
To repeat what everyone else said: teach open-mindedness & start reading to them when they're little
(and when they're old enough to, have them read every few pages of the story to you).

That's all that I can think of.

Again, Congratulations!!

kykana

Invisible Informer

8,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

DieiNoctis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:39 pm
Relatively soon, a creature will tear it's way out from inside your abdomen. This being, this... podling as it were, will emerge covered your blood, letting out a fierce battle cry at it's victory. It will then subject you, its conquered, to its every whim, hounding you with its constant beck-and-call.
You know you'll love it though. Congratulations! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:00 pm
DieiNoctis
Relatively soon, a creature will tear it's way out from inside your abdomen. This being, this... podling as it were, will emerge covered your blood, letting out a fierce battle cry at it's victory. It will then subject you, its conquered, to its every whim, hounding you with its constant beck-and-call.
You know you'll love it though. Congratulations! xd

rofl That's an interesting description of childbirth! XD  

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items