Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Want to hear a funny story? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Want to hear a funny story?
  Hah! That's pretty funny!
  ...I didn't see the humor in your story...
View Results

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:45 pm
Last week I used a gift card to buy Debbie Stoller's Stitch n' b***h: The Happy Hooker. I had finished some school-related reading and decided I wanted to see what was in this book, so I sat to read it.

Right as I sat down, Dad asked me to make some rice for dinner. I left Happy Hooker on the kitchen table, and Dad peered at it and got a shocked look on his face. I quickly said "It's a crochet book!" and he said "Whew! I was wondering what it meant by Happy Hooker!" (His grandmother, my great-grandmother I'm named after, used to sit and crochet ALL DAY, so he knows what crocheting is)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:53 pm
Hehe, I asked for all the Stitch 'n b***h books for christmas, and I know my dad kinda freaked, my mom had to ask me if that was really what they were called.
My parents --> eek eek  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

gemini6184

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:11 pm
storyfromthestars
Hehe, I asked for all the Stitch 'n b***h books for christmas, and I know my dad kinda freaked, my mom had to ask me if that was really what they were called.
My parents --> eek eek
rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:42 pm
My grandma just about freaked when i handed her my christmas list. Stitch n' b***h, Stitch n' b***h Nation, Happy Hooker....

and then she realized that they were knitting books (crochet is also knitting to her) and stopped freaking out.

Not that she bought me any of the three.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:00 pm
That's the kind of reaction my parents would have. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:53 pm
I remember when I got my copies, my mom bought them for me without I even asking. The first Stitch 'n b***h book is what started me on knitting.  

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Tes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:20 pm
~
Not crafting related but my parents had about the same reaction to an evolution biology book that I had wanted for christmas one year, "Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creation" (that I did get after a lot of strange looks from my parents).
Actually my whole family had that reaction, the relatives were scandelized.

The beetles mating on the cover may have been too over the top for them. whee

~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:11 am
Ha! I love Dr. Tatania's Sex Guide to All Creation- most interesting bio book I've ever encountered.
I got teased because on my christmas list I left out the exact title of the "Stitch and b***h crochet book". I thought it would be easier than all the strange looks, but alas...  

Blue-eyes-green

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:00 am
Hehe, I kind of did it knowing that my parents would freak, and wanting to be there to see it. But no, I just HAD to be in the other room.....
Oh well, I got Stich 'n b***h and the Design Journal, so YAY me!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:06 pm
One of the joys of buying both books after I was 21 is my mother (who, I have to admit that old axoim of 'growing up to become you mother' is far truer than I would like to admit) looked over at my stack of books and said "stitch and B****", chuckled, and added "Well, good to see some humor finally came to the craft."  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:15 pm
Yeah, my dad saw it after I bought it, and he was just like, "That's a nice book you've got there."

But if anyone wants to really freak out their parents, I bet the Domiknitrix book would work. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:27 pm
*love* the Domiknitrix book *chuckles*  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

x_dreamweaver_x

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:40 am
That's really funny. I told my dad that I wanted the Stich and b***h book and he completely flipped out. I assured him that it was a knitting book, but he still didn't get it for me rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 am
While browsing at Borders this weekend I saw "Knitting with Balls" and about died laughing. rofl It appears to be a book for men knitters. I'm glad my 12 year old daughter was browsing in a different section at the time.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:43 am
The reaction sounds like something my 'rents would do... I can see my dad now- "Stitch 'n b***h? What?!"  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff