Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alexie_dennison

6,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:24 pm
I was at a camp on Australia day...we got up at 6 am and went to the Pool!
and we were talking about aussie things.
we got on the topic of Tassie,
and we were thinking of things we could do it it to benifet australia.
One person said "snip the telstra chord holding it to us...and let it float away"
another person said
"Evacuate it and turn it into one big solar pannel to run the rest of this country"

What do you think we could do to tassie?

((Sorry In advance to any tassie-ans ^w^ I love you guys razz ))  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:23 pm
I dont under stand, why do people want it to float away? Just cause? .
Hey I heard that the summer hasnt been to warm down there, is that true?
I totally celebrated that( australia day), it was sweet  

orangestripedcat

Love on a stick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:59 pm
making a giant solar panel is an excellent idea!
I was confused when you say 'tassie' it took me ages to figure out you ment Tasmania rofl I would say 'tazzy' more 4laugh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:09 pm
Personally, I sat down and thought. This is an interesting topic. And then I thought, now what would I like to do with Tasmania?! I didn't come up with anything. That either means Taz is useless or I am...I know which I'd prefer to believe! wink Kidding kidding. The solar panel is a nifty idea, but we can better that. We could turn it into something totally pointless, like a giant ski-park since snow's a hard thing to come by in Australia. We might have to float it a bit further south for that though, to achieve the temperatures. Or maybe....maybe we can opt for something useful, like a giant fresh water dam, since we are so desperately needing water.  

Falethial

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:06 am
Wow ... with the solar panal idea you could just add that to the collection of 'big' things in Oz. Like, the Big Banana. *giggles*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:36 am
We should evacuate it and leave it alone, entirely.

A pristine environment.

Tasmania is really such beautiful place, I wouldn't want it mired by human presence. The population is pretty small anyway, so it's not completely ruined yet.  

WellzY
Crew

Falethial

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:57 pm
But WellzY...that would mean we'd have to put up with all the Tasmanians that're already there! eek scream I wonder how many Tasmanians will want to shoot me for this? Dont worry guys, I love you...honest.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:47 pm
Why use Tassie as a solar place when we have all that desert just sitting there?  

Ozumou

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:01 pm
Ozumou
Why use Tassie as a solar place when we have all that desert just sitting there?

Adequate sun exposure for Tasmania is pretty poor anything.

And the desert, there's a lot, but again the environment is an issue. You may not see much life in a desert, but there's plenty.

Not to mention it wouldn't really be in the middle of a desert, it would have to be near an urban area, for maintenance let alone construction.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:56 am
Ya.. but if we turn Tassie into a Solar panel it would only be good for powering Tassie.

and if you have ever been to ther distilleries or Breweries you will know thats nota bad thing...

OOhhh.. Moo BREW!  

Ozumou

Love on a stick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:31 am
i heard if we made a big hole in the middle of australia, and filled it with water, the whole climate would change :3 Australia would be more tropical and would rain more and all this good stuff biggrin
And hmm tassie should be a big dinousour park biggrin a real life jurassic park!or a fuzzy cute land with rainbows and marshmellows and people dance, laugh and play!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:06 pm
put a gaint' solar panel in the simpsons dessert  

l Syntax ERROR l

3,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150

Homicidal Paperdoll

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:42 pm
greenemptyeyes

Wouldn't suprise me. I'm on the Sunshine Coast and it only really started to get hot here a few weeks ago.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:07 am
Homicidal Paperdoll
greenemptyeyes

Wouldn't suprise me. I'm on the Sunshine Coast and it only really started to get hot here a few weeks ago.

been really hot here in perth @_z lots of 40+ days

Love on a stick

Falethial

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:20 am
Yeh normally when something big happens out in our deserts it acquires a town all on it's own...check out all our mining communities! They're so awesome!  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff