Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
SB is sooo clueless -___- Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

?
  SB = lolita
  SB =/= lolita
View Results

-Victory for the Lolita-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:22 pm
User Image
i have a love hate relationship with Shojo Beat. i love the manga, i hate their cosplay style lolita. for example take a look at February 07's SB, they have an article on a diy outfit that beats lolita over the head with a large metal baseball bat, and a pink/supposedly sweet lolita cartoon character that shows up throughout the same issue. both of these are very, tacky and the diy makes some major humungus mistakes. if SB is going to continue to have articles like this the least they could do is have it done right.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:22 pm
I agree! I've seen way better and more accurate lolita outfits then the ones they posted. Nothing that the people wore matched!  

Mrs Dread

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:49 pm
I give them props for trying to appease their readership...but then they loose them all, and some, for they way they go about it...it's silly and fake

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:52 pm
I skip alot of the DIY articles. It's just so stupid. If I had wanted to read about fashion I would have subscribed to one of those silly women's/teens mags not to a manga anthology.  

emeraldisdead

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:12 pm
emeraldisdead
I skip alot of the DIY articles. It's just so stupid. If I had wanted to read about fashion I would have subscribed to one of those silly women's/teens mags not to a manga anthology.

I think that's the general feeling.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:39 pm
emeraldisdead

__b - b - BAM

KagomeHime369

3,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:17 pm
What I don't like is how all the Japanese products they push are $$$$$$$$ !!! There is no way I'm going to be paying $300 for a freaking lipstick, even if it is from Japan! They make it seem like all the products from Japan are soo limited that you can only purchase at super high prices. scream

I'm guessing that the average reader of SB has a very limited allowance (if one at all) and cannot afford such products. I am a student, and therefore don't have much ca$h to spend. SB should do like Seventeen and show High-End products, but with the cheaper more affordable look-a-like next to it. Example:

This item (glossy pretty photo of item) cost's around $200, but you can buy a similar product (glossy pretty photo) for $3.99 at El Cheapo Store Chains...

Wouldn't that make it more reader/buyer friendly? cool

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:02 pm
KagomeHime369
What I don't like is how all the Japanese products they push are $$$$$$$$ !!! There is no way I'm going to be paying $300 for a freaking lipstick, even if it is from Japan! They make it seem like all the products from Japan are soo limited that you can only purchase at super high prices. scream

I'm guessing that the average reader of SB has a very limited allowance (if one at all) and cannot afford such products. I am a student, and therefore don't have much ca$h to spend. SB should do like Seventeen and show High-End products, but with the cheaper more affordable look-a-like next to it. Example:

This item (glossy pretty photo of item) cost's around $200, but you can buy a similar product (glossy pretty photo) for $3.99 at El Cheapo Store Chains...

I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone (^.^) when I say that'd be awesome!

kel aka gandy
Captain

KagomeHime369

3,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:55 pm
kel aka gandy
KagomeHime369

I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone (^.^) when I say that'd be awesome!

Is there a way we can contact SB and tell them this? If so, I would totally send them my thoughts^_^...wonder if the letter will get published wink  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:03 pm
KagomeHime369
Is there a way we can contact SB and tell them this? If so, I would totally send them my thoughts^_^...wonder if the letter will get published wink

If you wanna email SB, you can send one to letters@shojobeat.com. Here's the submission info page.

kel aka gandy
Captain

Shadow Queen Megami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:10 am
the manga, get this look, shojo beat manga update and horoscopes are really the only thing i read, only when i'm bored do i reat everysingle thing in the magazine  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:11 pm
Dee409
I agree! I've seen way better and more accurate lolita outfits then the ones they posted. Nothing that the people wore matched!
THis is what i would say  

PyroGothica

4,675 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

KagomeHime369

3,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:07 pm
kel aka gandy
KagomeHime369

If you wanna email SB, you can send one to letters@shojobeat.com. Here's the submission info page.

domou arigatou^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:34 pm
KagomeHime369
kel aka gandy
KagomeHime369

domou arigatou^_^

Anytime ^.^

kel aka gandy
Captain

Mira_Russ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:23 pm
To be honest, it irritates me that Shojo Beat recently only focuses on the lolita/gothic style. I don't know if the majority of readers really do wear lolita fashions, but as for me I don't wear anything like that.  
.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games