Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
What goes through a persons mind when they text talk? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  Wait, They are people?
  They can't spell.
  They wish to anger us to no end.
View Results

Arkly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:54 pm
I'm not sure if this has been adressed before, but what do you think goes through a persons (Yes, somehow they are people.) mind when they txt tlk? Please post your thoughts on this.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:04 pm
I don't talk to many people online (through instant messaging services), but usually they think it's faster. Or that everyone's doing it, so that means they should, too. (In some status messages, they purposely misspell words like "girl" to "grl" or "gurl")

I avoid it because it irks me to no end.  

Acerbic Song

Bubble_JonesBriide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:06 pm
Arkly
I'm not sure if this has been adressed before, but what do you think goes through a persons (Yes, somehow they are people.) mind when they txt tlk? Please post your thoughts on this.

Wait, they're people and they can think? I think you are giving these people to much credit for their stupidity. I'm sure, if they do think, they're saying "Its fun 2 pis off gaias lol" ...Damn n00bs, I hate them... Well that's my personal opinion for most of them. DOWN WITH TEXT TALK!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:07 pm
What goes through the mind of a txt tlkr?

Something along the lines of "DURRRRRR."  

sdfghjklsdfghjskldfghjkls

Arkly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:09 pm
I think that they think it is faster. Remember that one txt tlk guy, Dr. something, who said that he thought it was faster.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:12 pm
DarkFiresong
I don't talk to many people online (through instant messaging services), but usually they think it's faster. Or that everyone's doing it, so that means they should, too. (In some status messages, they purposely misspell words like "girl" to "grl" or "gurl")

I avoid it because it irks me to no end.

Me and my friends spell girl gurl all the time in notes. I am so happy and I don't even know why!!!  

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

Retro Love

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:18 pm
I hate when people take out only one or two letters! Why not put in that little bit of extra effort!? Drives me crazy. Or the way they spell it:

Drvs mi crzy! AGH!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:38 pm
Topic Title
What goes through a persons mind when they text talk?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Answer: Absolutely nothing.
Click  

XxJennessaxX

Requiem Dare

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:05 pm
XxJennessaxX
Topic Title
What goes through a persons mind when they text talk?

Answer: Absolutely nothing.
Click
Awwww. That's what I was gonna say. emo Ah well. I think they just learn that way. When I first started out, I learned it, and I was horrible. i tlkd lyke dis and I thought I was literate. confused I was horribly confused.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:27 pm
What goes through their minds? I'd say as little as possible... stare  

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

XxJennessaxX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:35 pm

Ooh, horseridergirl2, sorry if I took your answer before you could have posted it. You know me, I always try to be as humorous as possible. Not all teachers are boring and naggy. xd
Click  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:36 pm
I'm pretty sure, they're thinking,"i cn typ fstr tan u culd. o crap =es gone. stooped."
Translation: "How fast can I type this sentence? Oh, I left out an 'E'. oh well"

Kisu Midori

XxJennessaxX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:59 pm
Kisu Midori
I'm pretty sure, they're thinking,"i cn typ fstr tan u culd. o crap =es gone. stooped."
Translation: "How fast can I type this sentence? Oh, I left out an 'E'. oh well"

If you see anyone talk like THAT, enroll him or her in my english class immediately! xd
Click  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Intuicide
What goes through the mind of a txt tlkr?

Something along the lines of "DURRRRRR."

Yeah that about sums it up.  

x_Chromatic Zelda_x

Lacus_And_Kira

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:07 pm
What goes through their heads when people use txt talk? I believe that the answer to that is "Nothing" . Using txt talk is just lazy. It doesn't take too much extra time to type out a proper sentence. Proper sentences and using good grammar makes one more understandable, don't you think?  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff