Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
This bothers me to the point of no return!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you get stuff like that?
  Yes. I can't stand it. Those people need to go back to kindergarden
  No, wuz teh prblem wit tipin' lyk that????
View Results

Spirit Watcher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:39 am
Don't you just hate it when your're trying to do something important, and a friend pms you and says: soooooooooooooooooooooooo......................... wuz up......... im brd....... brb i G2G bck to 2nd grde.

I mean, what the heck?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:42 am
None of the people I consider friends are that illiterate, purposefully or not. Thank Heaven. I also tent to tell people right out that I hate acronyms, text talk and otherwise unintelligible babble.  

Songo-Hanli Aanali

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pm
That bugs me. Also when they do this.. LI3k What t3h h3ck iz g0in 0n bab3. It took me ten miniutes to type that out.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:24 am
Quote:
I also tent to tell people right out that I hate acronyms, text talk and otherwise unintelligible babble.

[nitpick] That would be: I also tend to tell people right out that I hate acronyms, text talk and otherwise unintelligible babble. [/nitpick]

Yes. I find that when people cannot take the time to correctly type out what they are saying it shows not only their lack of grammar and spelling skills but also their lack of respect for me.  

Hirashio

dark_elf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:35 am
Thankfully no, my friends that I talk to the most here aren't on when I'm on, also they don't type that way.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:44 pm
Er, I have a couple of friends like that. So I either change my status to Away or something, or I purposely speak in a very literate fashion. It bothers them. >.<  

xAvenirYuinax

Lord Himuro of darkness

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:13 pm
Lucky for me my friends doesn't do that.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:55 am
I have one like that.
Well maybe not quite *that* bad.
But what's even worse is.. she claims that she can handle honest. Yet when I say "I don't like your text talk" in the most sugar coated form I can summon.. she starts to hate me..

Acronyms I don't have a problem with, so long as they don't contain numbers.
I can't stand G2G, or Wuu2. We damned near had a falling out yesterday because I said "When I see 'wuu2' I cringe and try to forget it ever existed."
Maybe not the brightest of things to say..
Heh.. but fortunately she saw the light and later asked "What are you up to?"

biggrin  

Marcus McFlufferson

Aubrey Nicole

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:00 pm
I have friends that message me just to say "so......." all the time. I ignore them, and they tend to forget that we were having a conversation.
However, when my friends use poor grammar and spelling, I correct them, and, in doing so, make them angry. It gets them to stop talking to me like that, though.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:41 pm
My friend did that once. I just deleted the message  

heavens_akki

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas