relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 51: Philosophy.
Throw something at me Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you heard of a band called Modest Mouse?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Everet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:21 am
I dont want to state anything because when I do I seem to state another generalized perspective that is similar to a person in this sub-forum, if I keep doing that I bet I'll get yelled at, "Hey, thats my idea!" So I just wanted to have a person just tell me a question and I'll give my perspecitve on it. Just like the subject says "Throw something at me".  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:13 pm

So you are just looking to have somebody start a topic so you can respond first and not be accused of stealing somebody else's ideas? (If so, I'll try to come up with something a little later maybe if nobody else has first.) OR you know, you could just start a REAL topic of you own - you pick the subject and state your view on it without having somebody else suggest the subject first. After all, that would allow you to pick a subject you can speak on best too.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Black_Demon_Nymph16

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:26 pm
Do you have philosophy on life?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:32 pm
Wouldnt know where to start though Bluecherry, kinda hard for me to pick something right now.  

Everet

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:02 pm

You're telling me. lol I had to come up with a few different topics myself to start this place off when I first began running the subforum. xp

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:31 pm
Why the poll about modest mouse?  

Dumna

Calimouse

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:36 pm
Black_Demon_Nymph16

I sort of do have a philosophy on life. It's not a complete philosophy, but I guess I really think of everything as a daydream in reality. Like in the movie, The Pursuit of Happiness, I think that people will strive for what they believe is their happiness. And that being able to think and daydream is one of the steps to happiness. Dreams sort of help me give myself some me-time to imagine and stuff. And thinking is just one of those things I am really thankful for. It's the only diary my brother can't read. ;D

As for religion, I am a muslim person, but I think that any religion that believes in God (whatever name they may use) is fine too. I don't know for sure what to think f heaven. Being with your friends and family...having everything you ever wanted...immortality...white gowns and halos and wings...that parts still a mystery... biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:15 pm
I have a good one...its called transcendentalism!
If you're interested...just say so!
I'd like at least three people to say so before I begin my rant. sweatdrop  

Novea Archeallen

book of darkness

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:34 pm
im interested what is it?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:46 am
How about Sex v. Gender?  

Rosenfall

7,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:50 am
Sex V. Gender? Not much to that. ninja Sex=physical, gender=mental. They used to be almost used synonymously I thought, but that's not the case anymore at least. Too bad in a way because now I have no word I can use for the physical aspect that won't make certain people giggle immaturely and/or make stupid jokes. rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:54 pm
Calimouse
Black_Demon_Nymph16

I sort of do have a philosophy on life. It's not a complete philosophy, but I guess I really think of everything as a daydream in reality. Like in the movie, The Pursuit of Happiness, I think that people will strive for what they believe is their happiness. And that being able to think and daydream is one of the steps to happiness. Dreams sort of help me give myself some me-time to imagine and stuff. And thinking is just one of those things I am really thankful for. It's the only diary my brother can't read. ;D

As for religion, I am a muslim person, but I think that any religion that believes in God (whatever name they may use) is fine too. I don't know for sure what to think f heaven. Being with your friends and family...having everything you ever wanted...immortality...white gowns and halos and wings...that parts still a mystery... biggrin

How would one have just one general "philosophy on life" though? I think that I have many... ("LIFE" such a broad subject to hold a philosophy on) sweatdrop  

static-vision

idiotic_mT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:06 am
You know, some of the most interesting things you can read about are the messages people write on the walls in public toilet cubicles. While I was sitting there, doing my business, I read what people write.

Regarding philosophy on life, someone wrote that sometimes our sole purpose in life is to serve others. Someone else commented that that was a pretty sad purpose. I reckon, it's not a bad philosophy, as long as you like the person you're serving and it's a reciprocal thing. Say if you helped someone who was suffering really badly, the thing you might get might be a nice feeling that you've done something that actually means something to someone. Anyway, I'm getting a bit off track.

Toilet messages can be pretty interesting, though I don't think vandalism is lawful.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:31 am
Are Morals really important? Or are they just someone's excuse so that they won't have to do the right thing even though it's hard?  

Baulder

51: Philosophy.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces