Talismans Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:28 am
Who else here owns some sort of talisman? A piece of jewellery you always wear, or maybe an object you usually carry with you in your pocket? Do you own something that makes you feel more comfortable — or even more protected — if you carry it with you?

Personally, I've got a Welsh Dragon ring that I wear almost every day. I've done talleys and it's official: I make fewer typos when I'm wearing my ring! I'm sure it's just a mental thing and I don't think the dragon is actually guiding my fingers. But hey, might as well keep wearing it if it works.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:33 am
I have a small key and a small ring with a skull on it in my dreads. They are always with me, and will stay there till my hair falls out. They make me feel better, somehow.  

Disease of the Flesh

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:39 am
I guess you could say that all my jewelry are my talismans.

I wear the same jewelry everyday:

[be prepared for a fairly long list]

1. Ring with a large red stone
2. Poison ring with a green bevelled stone
3. Pirate ring [my best friend ever wears the same exact one]
4. Vie et Mort - a ring I cast when I was 17; maybe I'll take a picture one day
5. My boyfriend's lucky guitar pick on a red ribbon around my left wrist
6. Black pearl earrings
7. An ankh necklace that I made with a green bevelled stone in the cross section
8. A prayer box necklace
9. Griever necklace
10. Black ribbon choker with a bone charm I made [also identical to one I made for my best friend]
11. Black and white thread choker with shark tooth charm I made [see above]

Fairly ridiculous, but they all mean something.

I do wear my watch everyday, but I don't really feel that counts too much. It doesn't hold much significance other than telling time.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:42 am
I have a rose quartz heart that I carry withj me sometime. It makes me feel loved and protected, and if I hold it when I'm upset, it seems to calm me down.

I used to have a celtic peace knot medallion which I wore all the time, but I lost it when I was on vacation, so I doubt I'll ever see it again... sad  

DreamerSpirit

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:49 am
DreamerSpirit
I have a rose quartz heart that I carry withj me sometime. It makes me feel loved and protected, and if I hold it when I'm upset, it seems to calm me down.

I used to have a celtic peace knot medallion which I wore all the time, but I lost it when I was on vacation, so I doubt I'll ever see it again... sad

It's said that rose quartz has a relaxing quality. It's supposed to bring inner peace.

That's probably why you feel calm when you're upset.

Or maybe you knew that, and that's why you carry it.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:16 pm
I almost always wear a silver cross around my neck.  

gothkid82

cold.wire.lips

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:26 pm
i can't ever manage to stay attached to one article long enough.

someone teach me?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:34 pm
I have a silver rope-style chain that I haven't taken off in six years. It's pretty short.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

cold.wire.lips

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:38 pm
Lord Charlemain Richards
I have a silver rope-style chain that I haven't taken off in six years. It's pretty short.

see, now how on earth do you do that?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:17 pm
cold.wire.lips
Lord Charlemain Richards

see, now how on earth do you do that?

I used to be like that... but then I thought... what if I choked and killed myself at night?

I wear my engament ring all the time... except in the bath/shower. But I dont know if that sounds.

I also wear a plain silver band that my grandpa made out of a Quarter for my dad, who wore it when he was little.

I have a onxy ring of my mom's I wear that was given to her by her parents for her graduation... so its like I have a little bit of my parents and grandparents.  

DarkPrincesa

Love.Your.Hate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:19 pm
I have simple talismans; so simple they're hardly worth posting. They're those little rubber wristbands started by the Livestrong bands, but I never wanted the actual yellow Livestrong one. I collect them: any size, color, gender, etc. I don't feel comfortable not wearing them. I would have 10, but sadly, three broke. cry  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:00 pm
I don't rally have a certain one, but I always have a choker on...feel very awkward without it.  

Xx-Razorblade-Skittles-xX

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:12 pm
As strange as it sounds, my tenth anniversary sonic medal, my best friend, bought on my 18th birthday for me, and I've kept it always with me.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:05 pm
i still wear my hematite(sp?) pentacle around my neck. i bought it when i was twelve after a violent incident in my life. it still protects me to this day, i'm 20 now..  

.blood x stitched x paws.

lysseee

6,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:19 pm
cold.wire.lips
i can't ever manage to stay attached to one article long enough.

someone teach me?

i suppose it's a personality trait.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas