Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Your own personal Sactuary? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gothkid82

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:30 pm
Do you any of you have a location, possibly in your own home town that you would consider your own personal place of refuge? There just at the end of the lane I live on where I go to write, read the bible, pray, and just get away from the problems I'm facing in life.

I often walk there ever full moon, around midnight, just to be alone and recharge from a stressful 30 days.

Here's a video of my own sanctuary:
Hooray for YouTube!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:51 pm
That looks like a fun little graveyard to wander around in.
*sulks* There is too much snow to go wandering in graveyards right now.

There is a park a bit of a drive from here that I like to go to on occasion. Sometimes I'll play in the pine grove, sometimes I'll wander along the banks of the creek, or sometimes I'll wander about on the trails through the woods and fields up to a dam designed to keep the marshland. All in all it's a fun place to go to when you don't want to be around too many people.. however the diskgolf does make it irksome to spend time in the main parts of the park.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

x Socks x

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:52 pm
My Sanctuary is mainly my bedroom, or in my Church. heart (If I ever go to Church again. gonk )

I usually just sit on my bed writing, drawing, or sitting online. If I'm thinking about something, I kind of just sit there with no music whatsoever (gasp!) and stare at nothing. (If I were to close my eyes I'd fall asleep. D; )

My Church, on the other hand. Oh, my Gosh. I could spend my life there. I love it so much. It's so beautiful. I could sit in the actual place where the Mass takes place--I can't believe I don't bloody remember the name of it! Anyway, I could sit in there and pray, read, draw, write, think; ANYTHING. I would never run out of inspiration for writing or drawing. I'd just look at the giant Crucifix and immediately have something in my head. Or at the Holy Water fountain.

Church is t3h hart. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:56 pm
gothkid82
Do you any of you have a location, possibly in your own home town that you would consider your own personal place of refuge? There just at the end of the lane I live on where I go to write, read the bible, pray, and just get away from the problems I'm facing in life.

I often walk there ever full moon, around midnight, just to be alone and recharge from a stressful 30 days.

Hooray for YouTube!

I have a park that is right next to the lake that I go to, and would consider my sactuary. I usually go there when I am in a fight with someone in the family. Sometimes I go there when I need to clear my mind of what has been keeping me preocupied.  

Devils_lilboy

Ramen With Tofu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:58 pm
I wish I had a place... my friend had a grave yard she could walk in when ever because it was right across the street, and another friend could take refuge at another friends house, and another friend has her own room... and me I got nuthin'.... the only place I can go for about 5 minutes of peace is the shower... and that's if I am lucky... MY BRAIN IS SO FRIED....
it actually makes me miss school.... crying ... kay I'm over it...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:44 pm
My sanctuary is no physcal or virtual place, its the spot in my head.  

Rellik San
Crew

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:52 pm
Rellik San

Same here. My place is a land of beauty, where there is no hate nor cruelty. All that exsists in this place is peace, calm, beauty, love, and solitude. I can go there whenever I want, and it makes me so happy to be there. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:03 pm
lurichan
*sulks* There is too much snow to go wandering in graveyards right now.

This shitty place I live in hasn't had a decent snow all year... oh, i forgot--yay for the two inches we got last week! stare I was really lookin forward to a winter of playing in the snow... crying gonk cry emo

My place would have to be in my room... sitting in my game chair playing a game or drawing or listening to music... or, every once in a while, I'll take all the blankets, pillows, etc in my house, pile them into a gigantic pile in the middle of my floor, and just kinda dig through it until I reach the most comfy spot... blaugh blaugh yay for comfy things!
Other escapes are at my friends' house down the street, or at any of my other friends' houses. I have a cemetary next to me that I can ride my bike in whenever I want, and I'll go there occasionally just to hear the sound of sweet silence ringing in my ears....
Church would be one for me, if there weren't obnoxious kids there to ruin it all the time.  

Love.Your.Hate.

Xx-Razorblade-Skittles-xX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:16 pm
I really have no sanctuary to get away from it all.... Normally I just sit in my room with music blaring but it's not far enough to get away.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:10 pm
DreamerSpirit
Rellik San

Same here. My place is a land of beauty, where there is no hate nor cruelty. All that exsists in this place is peace, calm, beauty, love, and solitude. I can go there whenever I want, and it makes me so happy to be there. heart

Where as mine is an empty black void where I drift aimlessly with nothing but myself and my thoughts for all eternity, as strange as it sounds thats what I hope happens after death, the thought of being alone in the next world, if one exists is comforting to me.  

Rellik San
Crew

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:47 pm
gothkid82

Hooray for YouTube!

That's a great cemetary. I commented on it smile

I don't have a place really. I used to. When I was living in my stepmother's house there was a little river down the road where no-one ever went. It was great down there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:57 pm
There's an abandoned mill in my town behind the elementary school. Me and my pals like to chill there a lot and I go alone when I feel like being out of the house. It's fun to bunker down in there while its raining. The roof is old corigated metal, so the rain is really loud.  

Deadside Dreams

Verienkeli

Girl-Crazy Genius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:51 am
My sanctuary is mostly my room. If my apartment were nearer a graveyard I'd probably go there, but I have no idea where the nearest one is (it's probably several towns over).  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:18 am
Abandoned buildings.

Yeah, I love them. Whenever a store goes out of business and leaves its building, I think that the huge empty cavity that commerce left is amazing.

-Isel-

TheWitchGotRobin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:38 am
Any place where I can cut the light off and put my head between headphones.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff