Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Have you ever noticed....... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Strawberrybottle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:39 pm
That If you are IMing someone and they abbreviate things.....It kinda makes you feel like they are lazy and don't care? For example: I'll be talking to my boyfriend and I'll say "I love you." And he'll reply with " i l u 2"
It just makes me feel like he doesn't care that much (although I know he does) I don't know. Just a thought. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:12 pm
Have you ever noticed that there are some people out there who try to be gangster and go, and I quote,"Aiiiight dud i se u laer u no cz we coo lik dat homie. Ya se ya."  

ahzma attack

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:13 pm
ahzma attack
Have you ever noticed that there are some people out there who try to be gangster and go, and I quote,"Aiiiight dud i se u laer u no cz we coo lik dat homie. Ya se ya."

*Shudders*
I hate Ghetto language.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:09 pm
Quote:
I hate Ghetto language.

Let me correct you here, please. That is not Ghetto language. That is wannabe Ghetto language. And the person who wrote that should stop pretending and just admit that they simply can't spell. Because that is all it is, bad spelling, not Ghetto.

...stupid wannabes...  

Yokushi

limp dick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:11 pm
Why would you hate a dialect?
I'd say the proper term is Ebonics.

Ghetto language isn't quite...right.

Anyway, it's not that lazy. I mean, in some instances, they're just trying to be efficient and get their point across easily.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:13 pm
Well, I've notice that people who use AIM from an earlier age tend to use more...abbreviation.  

SoneaCresent

little_evil_goth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:02 pm
The only time abbreviation to that extreme is ok is when text messaging someone, simply to save space and money; send one message instead of two.

If I'm on messenger and someone starts talking to me in "txt tlk" or "133t" I automatically quit the conversation.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:08 am
Shellbea
That If you are IMing someone and they abbreviate things.....It kinda makes you feel like they are lazy and don't care? For example: I'll be talking to my boyfriend and I'll say "I love you." And he'll reply with " i l u 2"
It just makes me feel like he doesn't care that much (although I know he does) I don't know. Just a thought. 4laugh

You should tell him how it makes you feel and maybe he'll get the point.
I do understand that, though. Whenever people use shortened words or things like that, I feel like it doesn't matter to them that much.  

Aubrey Nicole

Frankendoll.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:02 am
It doesn't make me feel like they can't be bothered.

When talking to someone on MSN, if they're bad enough, I'll ask them to type properly, or at least so that I can understand what they're saying. If they refuse to do so I do delete them. There is no place on my contacts list for such people.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:46 pm
I really hate "1337!!" When people start talking "1337" all I see is 34518345183952384529345!?///@#*(*@%($E3485234592345.
Honestly people, why write a bunch of nonsense?  

Kamori202

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:02 pm
Shellbea

Yes. stare

I talk to one girl online who talks with txt tlk.
I don't share anything private with her.
Because I just get the feeling she doesn't care anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:38 pm
Could it be our society contributing to our udder downfall of society!! Thats just one possiblity though.  

WildInferno

Sexual Yummies

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:55 am
I really dislike it when people use "txt tlk" in a formal discussion/argument or in a serious situation. To me its not professional and it makes you come off as idiotic and lazy.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Yeah, I see txt tlk a lot. It's strange, though, how I also see people that actually like to type everything out, and they still don't make much sense. For example, I was on MSN, and this guy told me,

"I really do hearts you. You are awesomely super-ultra-mega cool! I hearts paintball and Halo and Ultimate Frisbee, also. If I knew you personally, we would be really really really good friendsss!!! I have got to go, now. We are having a delightful cassarole of sausage and cheese!"

Now, you can't tell me that's not weird.  

Kassassin

iMUFFIN HOAR

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:31 pm
How old was the guy? Sounds like a very young teen or pre-teen.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff