Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
The Raven or The Tell-tale Heart? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer?
  The Raven
  The Tell-tale Heart
View Results

terrytibbs1113

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:22 am
This started off at school in English a few weeks ago when we were studying the works of Edgar Allen Poe. (Yes, school, small person school. I'm only twelve years old, so what? Go away!) We were looking at The Raven and The Tell-tale Heart and comparing their strengths and weaknesses, about half of the class were saying they preffered The Raven and some, The Tell-tale Heart. This somehow turned into a huge argument about which was better. I'm not sure which one I preffer, and I need to decide quickly before people start pressuring me to join a side of this little 'gang war', I need somebody to help me decide which is better, pleeeeease help the Sushimeister!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:21 am
I don't see how we can help you form your own opinion. Personally, neither of those are my favorite Poe works.  

The Man who was Thursday

Frankendoll.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:35 am
I agree with Judas Lscariot. We cant form your opinion for you, because then it's not your opinion. It's for you to decide, not us.

Neither of them are my favourites either, however, I'm backing The Raven. Because I've always loved it, it was the first piece of work by Poe that I ever read. :]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:45 am
*Sigh* Yeah, you're right, it's just frustrating, but I have to decide myself.  

terrytibbs1113

xXblacksakuraXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:39 pm
I must go with popularity. Raven.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:11 pm
Personally, I prefer The Telltale Heart. However, The Raven is still a great work.  

Astral Sun

God of lunchboxes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:41 pm
I hardly remember anything from the raven aside from the word "quoth". However I did really enjoy the Tell Tale heart. There is actually a scene in an episode of Sponge Bob (Yes, Sponge Bob.) that reminds me of it. Squeaky boots.
I digress and I shall continue to do so.
Tell Tale Part:1
Tell Tale Part:2
Tell Tale Part:3  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:39 am
I prefer The Telltale Heart. It really depends a lot on personal preference.

(Though my current favourite Poe work is Ligeia. I'm working my way through the collected Poe, so it's liable to change.)  

Alaisiaga

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:46 am
I really enjoyed The Raven, but I think my favorite work by Poe si still Annabel Lee.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:34 pm
I prefer the Telltale Heart.  

ChinoikeJigoku

Dea Mariella

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:49 am
Of the choices, "The Raven" is better, simply because I don't care for the "Tell-Tale Heart". But, my personal favorite of Poe is "The Mask of the Red Death". Which is an absolutely incredible short story about the plague.

w00t! Plague, death, and dying!

Dea-chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:55 pm
I really like "Masque of the Red Death" and "Cask of Amontillado," personally, but between those two choices, I'd have to go with the Raven. I'm kind of obligated. My middle name is Lenore. (My dad was an English dork, too. wink )  

ChibiStarlet

anastasia7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:02 pm
I choose the Telle-Tale Heart only because it was the first one of Poe's works that I've ever read. However, "The Cask of Amontillado" has a special spot saved into my heart. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:46 am
I prefer Tell-Tale Heart. The Raven wasn't particularly creepy to me, but Tell-Tale Heart creeped me out.  

Chibi Kenko

greiqny5nsegkfnds

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:24 pm
neutral I'd probably go toward Tell-Tale Heart because that seems more twisted, morbid, and overall more facinating! 4laugh I love The Raven also though. Like everyone said, it's up to you. confused You need to form an opinion. I think your opinion would be stronger if it didn't have outer sources. heart  
Literature

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff