Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
What is the most involved you've ever been with your game? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:57 pm
Most people, I assume, just sort of play the game. If you use play a challege, you might keep score. Some might take notes on paper or something.

I have a neighborhood, Glory Coast, which is all the Maxis made neighborhoods all shoved together into one. For this neighborhood, I keep extensive notes, using Microsoft Excel. I have ALL my sims names, ages and 3 seperate population lists.

My question: Am I completely weird, or does anyone else do this? Or anything like this? What do you do, exactly?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:29 pm
I think the most involved I've ever got is when I got slightly upset that one of my Sims died unexpectedly.
I guess I just play the game but I never really like to see my Sims get old and die.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

tigger_princess

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:17 am
That is kinda strange but hey... well i sometimes cry when they die.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:38 am
Wow, that's cool...I don't have patience to do that! Normally I play with one family a little, then get another idea of Sims, then play more with the new one and so on...so yeah, I still didn't see any of my adult sims get old. lol

Actually I want to see them getting old...so I started a new small neighborhood recently, made some families, communities and houses and now I'm playing a little with each family to see what I want their lifes to be like. XD

I never play a lot with only one family because I'm always having new Sim ideas..but if I don't play a lot with one family, they'll never get old what it's kind of good because I don't want to see my handsome, popular, perfect sim getting old and ugly *confused*...uh, sorry, I lost the point.

But I guess I get involved...sometimes I get upset when a good Sim dies or I get happy because that Sims was a "bad Sim" or something...  

Pyuchi

Infinity-Nevermore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:44 am
I have the Sims2DB, the ultimate expression that your life has been handed over on a silver platter to the Sims 2. And when I'm on vacation, I forget to sleep some nights.
That is all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:01 am
Well I don't know if this counts, but I made my family Sims and then I made another Sim family and made the best looking Sim I could to be my boyfriend. redface xp  

April_Shower_AC

Spoilt_lil_missy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:04 pm
I do get quite involved; I really care about my Sims. I don't go to such extreme measures as that, but I do have my own custom neighbourhood, Arbordale, with my favourite sims from the Maxis neighbourhoods, and I grow the neighbourhood up together, generationally. Right now the Sims I started off with as Young Adults are Elders, so it's quite a teary time for me...watching them die. I don't keep a list of all their names and ages but I know all their names and ages and recognise them all when I see them walking past...except for the children, who I haven't individualised enough.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:30 pm
I got quite involved today. I had Kendal Lawson the nanny round at one of my Sim's homes looking after a child. She stuck some food in the oven and it caught fire! The game must have glitched since she never started to panic and managed to take the food out of the oven while the fire was still burning! She walked off and the food vanished. This house didn't have a fire alarm or a sprinkler so I had to wait for my Sim to get back from work before I could call the fire brigade. By the time they got there the cooker had burnt to pieces and two counters had caught fire too. The fire got put out and nobody had died... Well not yet. twisted
I boxed Kendal in with some walls and was going to let her die. She had just destroyed my Sim's cooker and they didn't have enough money to buy a new one. (I didn't want to cheat) She stayed in there for two days and finally the constant crying made me feel sorry for her so I let her out. As soon as she had stepped out of the front door she smiled and tapped her head with her index finger as much to say "Aren't I clever crying like that. Made you feel sorry for me didn't it? SUCKER!" Safe to say I bricked her up again and she's dead now. Just another ghost to add to my community graveyard.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

WindhoesXP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:10 pm
Im really a dork for videogames. Today I sat and played the sims 6 hrs straight with some 4ish minute breaks. It was very fun..

But annoyingevil thats a good idea, just to keep track of all your people..I forget all the time who people are. Sometimes I create sims especially to match up with another and then forget what their name is so I cant have them meet!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:17 am
Menaceman
I think the most involved I've ever got is when I got slightly upset that one of my Sims died unexpectedly.
I guess I just play the game but I never really like to see my Sims get old and die.
I don't like my sims getting old, because then I don't remember what they look like really, so if I kill them I kill them when they're adults, but mostly I don't like killing them at all because I get really attached to them.  

Chikiya

Princess Harmonia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:07 pm
Actually, I do take notes as well. I'm not too involved because I don't play too often. I would probably play the game around 2 times a week at most and 1 time every fortnight usually. It's been three weeks since my last play. I don't have much time to play. I got the game Christams but it's hard to play because of school and all. I'll probably get around to it during the summer.

In any case, when I do play. I take pics when something notable happens, like a breakup, a sim's first encounter with the social bunny, the start of a relationship, a baby, age transition, successful party, houses, etc.

I'll use Excel to list families, current age of members, descriptions, aspirations, personality, interests, their history, lineage, and home or previous homes etc. I'll have the pictures for reference. It's helpful because I like to plan out the neighborhood story and play it out like a novel. When something happens, it's important to keep track and I need to have something to look back at for reference if I want a glance at each family's story and a track of the population in each neighborhood. I have a file for each neighborhood on excel.

I also have to like to have a document which cites what modifications I've made to the game. Like, what music I've imported into the game, videos for the tvs, and downloads. Infomation like that, if organized, helps me figure out what I should do next.

No, you're not "weird" just organized. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:18 pm
It seems quite a bit of people keep track or want to keep track of their Sims and neighborhoods, so here's a link to the program I use, The Sims2DataBase.

http://www.sims2db.com

Infinity-Nevermore

Pyuchi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:47 am
Infinity-Nevermore
It seems quite a bit of people keep track or want to keep track of their Sims and neighborhoods, so here's a link to the program I use, The Sims2DB.

http://www.sims2db.com

Ohhh it looks good, I'll try it! Thanks for the link! ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:44 am
tigger_princess
That is kinda strange but hey... well i sometimes cry when they die.
eek  

Blue~Power

Lilygwen

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:37 am
I've never been that involved with the game. I have a bad habbit of making lots of families with houses but never really play them. I have few "favourite" families that I play once in a while but usually I just do new families, get them started with work and school and then next time do another new family. rolleyes  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff