Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Boys reading Twilight = bad? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:38 am

I'm a boy, and slot of people say it's wrong for a boy to read Twilight and New Moon, but I read them, and enjoyed them. Do you think it was wrong for me to read them?
Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:05 am
I don't think that there is anything wrong with guys reading Twilight and New Moon. I think it is wrong to say that a book is just for one gender.  

x_Silver Sharpie Addict_x

[.Tainted.Innocence.]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:35 am
Epitaph of the Twilight

I'm a boy, and slot of people say it's wrong for a boy to read Twilight and New Moon, but I read them, and enjoyed them. Do you think it was wrong for me to read them?
Epitaph of the Twilight

Exactly. I've had that problem as well.
But I think it's not just for one gender, anyone who like vampire fiction would enjoy it. It's kind of like a girl reading a book where a guy is he main character.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:14 pm

Yeah, alot of people pointed at it and said, "Its a chick flick." And I just ignored them, and kept reading it. It was really good though, and your right, its like a girl reading a book with a boy as the main char.
Epitaph of the Twilight

Epitaph of the Twilight

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:32 pm
I respect guys that read Twilight or New Moon because they're willing to read novels that are dubbed "chick books" and all that. Personally, it's ridiculous. Books are for everyone, and assigning them to different genders is unbelievable.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:51 pm
i think it's a matter of personal preference... i think you may enjoy the book more though if you are able to .. er.. appreciate the beauty that is edward smile .. my guy friend is gay and loved the book, but thats not the same situation exactly smile

sorry i didnt actually answer the question.. i wouldn't "ban" anyone from reading it or anything like that, of course not, but i would warn boys to take caution...

ok i dont know what i'm saying..

read it and be happy!  

allieballie17

[.Tainted.Innocence.]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:42 pm
3nodding
Thanks.
(Doh... brain freeze.... stupid ice cream...)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:11 pm

Yay! I got another guy to read it! I hope that the people at my school will leave their thoughts of it being an only girl book...
Epitaph of the Twilight

Epitaph of the Twilight

Akasha31993

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:59 pm
I keep trying to get my friend to read it, but he just says he won't read a chick book..a**  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:01 pm
Akasha31993
I keep trying to get my friend to read it, but he just says he won't read a chick book..a**

I find that the guys I know are separated into two categories...The ones will ready any type of book (as long as it's good of course, with an actual good plot and all that) and the ones that don't read at all ^^;;  

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:12 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
Akasha31993

I find that the guys I know are separated into two categories...The ones will ready any type of book (as long as it's good of course, with an actual good plot and all that) and the ones that don't read at all ^^;;

That is so true!
Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:40 pm
Epitaph of the Twilight
XxfushigipinayxX
Akasha31993

That is so true!
Epitaph of the Twilight

3nodding

Yeah, and my brother reads Twilight too.  

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:01 pm
complex_ity_
Epitaph of the Twilight
XxfushigipinayxX
Akasha31993

That is so true!
Epitaph of the Twilight

3nodding

Yeah, and my brother reads Twilight too.

Really? Cool.
Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:29 pm
my brother loves Twilight. there aint nothing wrong for a guy to read it. i admire a guy who can do that.  

kiyamasho

AsNightDawns

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:14 pm
Gasp! eek Really? I don't know anyone who is saying that! It's actually hotter for boys to read twilight than not! ^^ heart Besides, a book's a book, and unless you're reading a total chick book, like Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging, read whatever! 4laugh

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff