Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JapaneseChick813
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:39 pm
User Image

An Cafe is a typical Oshare kei band. They look colourful, cute and boyish (or girlish). Their music doesn’t always match with their image, because next to upbeat, poppy rock songs they also produce heavier songs.

An Cafe’s material ranges from fast rock songs with screaming vocals and catchy choruses, for example 3p’, to cute pop-like songs about love such as ‘Hatsukoi'.

BIOGRAPHY
An Cafe was formed in May 2003, by the vocalist Miku, guitarist Bou and bassist kanon.
Miku’s former band Revirii had disbanded two months earlier in April, and even though the band did not have a drummer at this point, the band started to perform at several events. By performing at these events next to other vague indie bands, An Cafe managed to gain a little publicity. The band released two demo-tapes; ‘Opu-ngu’ and ‘Uzumaki senshokutai/Hatsukoi’. Both were very limited and only sold at the early live shows.

Teruki was still with his former band Feathers-blue around this time, but he left them in August and he became a full member of An Cafe instead. An Cafe spent the remainder of the year giving performances at various events. Their cute image and upbeat songs soon garnered a small but very enthusiastic fanbase.

2003 seemed to be more of a ‘try-out’ year for the young members of An Cafe, but 2004 was really the start of their serious musical career. Through a record deal with Loop Ash (also the label of bands like Mask, and Scissor) the band released their first maxi-single, ‘Candy Holic’ in March. Within a week of its release the single was ranked as the second biggest seller on the Oricon indie charts. This was quite an amazing feat for a band’s debut single!

An Cafe‘s first one-man performance was in May at the Takadanobaba area, which was an important concert, just like it is for all bands. The concert entitled “Happy Birthday Tsuyu”,was a sell out event and the band distributed the single ‘Hatsukoi’ for free.

The following months were quite busy for An Cafe. They toured a lot, released the singles ‘√69’, ‘Cosmos’ and the live-only singles ‘Touhikairo’ and ‘Tourai – café-‘. In addition to those releases, the band were featured on no less than six omnibus albums. Shoxx magazine also released a DVD/VT special featuring the band.

In December, An Cafe closed their successful year by taking to the road for a short one-man tour which ended with performances at the Takadanobaba area and the Yokohama aka renga hall.

February 2005 saw An Cafe release their first mini-album; ‘Amedama rock’, which was a compilation of their previously released singles. The mini-album was shortly followed by the maxi-single ‘Karakuri hitei’ a month later.

In the summer of 2005 the band released a trilogy of one-track singles, ‘Tekesuta Kousen’, ‘Escapism’ and ‘Merrymaking’. They were released one at a time over a three month period. Fortunately for all the fans that wanted to listen to the songs but didn’t want to buy three separate singles with only one track on each, all the songs were also featured on their very first full length album, ‘Shikisai moment’ which was released in November 2005.

The new album showed a slightly new side of An Cafe. The songs still had the typical An Cafe sound, but it seemed they had matured a bit as the band experimented with new styles and instruments.

The succesful album was followed by four new singles and another album in 2006 and the popularity of the band was only increasing.

In 2007, two important announcements were made: first of all, they would make an appearance on the American Anime Convention Akon, which made a lot of fans excited because for many of them, this would be a great chance to meet the members of their favorite band. Unfortunately, only a little later an announcement was made that guitarist Bou would leave the band, which sadenned many fans. Bou's last performance with the band was on April 30th and its unsure wether the band will find a replacement and what his plans for the future are.

Though, we can be sure that such a succesful band will continue to rock and we're sure that Bou will surprise us with his new musical activities in no time!

Miku (みく, Miku?)

Date of birth: January 5
Horoscope: Capricorn
Chinese zodiac: Rat
Bloodtype: A
Height: 5'4"/164 centimeters
Weight: 119 pounds/54 kilograms
Shoe size: 10 (U.S. Measurment)
Family: Father, mother, younger sister
Hobbies: Cooking, shopping, guitar, jogging, baths
Favorite food: Sushi, hamburgers, ramen, chinese food, steak
Favorite brands: LHP, Jackrose, Bulgari, Royal Order
Favorite colors: White, black, pink, red, gold and silver
Favorite band: Kagerou
Admired person: Daisuke of Kagerou
Perfume: Quasar
Cigarettes: Kool Nights
Shampoo: Bretagne
Piercings: Four

Takuya

Date of birth: February 9
Horoscope: Aquarius
Hobbies: Baths
Favorite food: Fruits
Favorite brands: Gibson
Favorite colors: White, black, and red
Perfume: Nothing in particular
Smokes: Not Applicable
Shampoo: Lux
Piercings: Not Applicable

Kanon (カノン, Kanon?)

Date of birth: July 5
Horoscope: Cancer
Chinese zodiac: Rat
Bloodtype: O
Height: 5'5"/165 centimeters
Weight: 117 pounds/53 kilograms
Family: Grandmother, father, mother, older sister, younger brother, dog
Hobbies: Shopping, games
Favorite food: Gurasse, Sake, Chinese noodles, chicken
Favorite brands: Vivienne Westwood, Bibi anh, Square Enix
Favorite colors: Black, purple, white, silver and gold
Favorite band: None in particular
Perfume: Calvin Klein One
Cigarettes: No particular brand
Piercings: One lip piercing

Teruki (輝喜, Teruki?)

Date of birth: December 8
Horoscope: Sagittarius
Chinese zodiac: Monkey
Height: -
Weight: 99 pounds/45 kilograms
Family: Father, mother, two older sisters
Hobbies: Sake, nature appreciation
Favorite food: Alcohol, apples
Favorite brands: Paiste and Pearl
Favorite colors: Emerald green, Okinawa sea
Favorite band: Dir en grey
Perfume: Cool Water Woman
Cigarettes: Not Applicable
Piercings: Eight in each ear

Yuuki (ゆうき, Yuuki?)

Date of birth: August 29
Horoscope: Virgo
Hobbies: collecting watches, clubbing, watching puppies
Favorite food: Spicy food
Favorite brands: Dolce and Gabbana, Bulgari
Favorite colors: Gold, Black, and Silver
Perfume: Febreeze
Cigarettes: Rose
Shampoo: Vidal Sassoon

Former Members

Bou (坊, Bou?)

Born: September 16
Horoscope: Virgo
Chinese zodiac: Boar
Bloodtype: O
Height: 156cm
Weight: 47kg
Family: Father, mother, older sister
Hobbies: Sleeping
Favorite food: Pork and rice, japanese noodles, layer cheesecake
Favorite brand: Paul Smith
Favorite colors: Black and gold
Music: Luna Sea
Perfume: Pink Sugar
Shampoo: Gold
Cigarettes: Pukapuka
Piercings: One left ear piercing

SONGS

Odoru Meruhen Tokei

Wagamama Koushinkyouku

Smile Ichiban Ii Onna

Escapism

Snow Scene

Maple Gunma

BondS ~Kizuna~

TEKESUTA kousen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:16 am
ya, surely one of the greatess band out there!

i love their song especially lock on the news sekai from their album magnya carta xd  

RukaKnight

x[Mikansei to GUILT]x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:11 am
This band is amazing. Miku's voice does wonders for me. I really like their first single Touhikairo. Miku's voice really has improved from their first single. Bou and Kanon are the bestest!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:53 am
OMG love Antic Cafe!!! (they're my theme for my profile!) Bou is the cutest ever! whee  

-_Haru loves Waffles_-

Diclonius Kitsune Shayko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:24 pm
I just adore Miku! His voice is so unique, one of the main reasons I was drawn to this band. <3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:55 am
Diclonius Kitsune Shayko
I just adore Miku! His voice is so unique, one of the main reasons I was drawn to this band. <3

i adore miku too 3nodding cool but bou is kawaii! 4laugh i most of all i love maple gun man and candyholic xd  

peek-a-chu

Dani_Kruspe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:32 pm
i LOVE ancafe! ^^ they're so amazing. <3 escapism!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:01 pm
They are a band that fills me with energy. quite hyper music never ever slow.  

walcalr01

xxSweet Star-vation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:49 pm
I love An Cafe! Cha! <3 <3 <3  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:56 pm
1 of there best songs to me is escapism and wagamama koushinkyoku
and mapple gunman but it's a little over played for me  

Gazette88
Crew

J-Rock Fanservice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:36 pm
An Cafe! heart