Zodac Sign: Virgo
Bloodtype: AB
Height: 185cm (around 6'1')
Weight: 57-60kg (around 130lbs.)
Shoe Size: 27.5cm (US size 9)
Birthplace: Nisikujo, Japan
Favourite Colour: Pink
Favourite Food: Chicken, Inari Sushi, Chocolate Cake
Cigarettes: Seven Star Box (has quit smoking)

Miyavi 雅 born September 14, 1981 in Nishikujo, Japan, is a Japanese solo rock artist and former guitarist (under the name of Miyavi for the visual kei indies band Dué le quartz, which he disbanded in 2002. In the same year, Miyabi announced that he was going solo, changed his name to Miyavi, and released his debut album 雅楽 Gagaku. He soon signed a contract with PS Company along with other great Japanese Artists such as Alice Nine, Kagrra, Gazette, and Kra.

In October 2004, Miyavi released his first major single ROCK no Gyakushuu- SUPERSTAR no Jouken ロックの逆襲-スーパースターの条件 (under the Universal Records Japan) and began to credit himself in the songwriting credits in his liner notes as "MYV". His first major album,
雅-Miyavizm-主義, was released in June 2005.

Here are some personal Facts about MYV
Birthday: September 14, 1981
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Bloodtype: AB
Height: ~6'
Weight: ~130lbs.
Shoe Size: 9
Birthplace: Nishikujo, Japan
Favorite Color Pink
Favorite food: Chicken, Inari Sushi, Chocolate Cake
Cigarettes: Seven Star Box (has quit smoking)

Miyavi was born in Nishikujo, Japan. His mother is Japanese and his father is a second generation Zainichi Korean whose parents immigrated to Japan from the Korean island of Jeju. His family's Korean surname was Lee 李 before changing it after moving to Japan. Miyavi has stated that though he has never been to Jeju he would like to do so when he has the opportunity. Although Miyavi does not speak Korean he has expressed interest in learning the language sometime in the future. Miyavi's parents divorced when he was young. Soon after he moved with his mother to Hyogo to live near his maternal grandparents, where he grew up.

In 1999, at the age of 18, Miyavi joined the visual kei band, Dué le Quartz. The band broke up in September of 2002, and soon after Miyavi released his first solo album 雅楽 Gagaku under the indie label PS Company. Miyavi's significant change in music and visual styles since leaving Dué le Quartz caused many of his original audience to desperse, but attracted a new audience. Since embarking on his solo career Miyavi has enjoyed great success not only in Japan but around the world as well. Following his signing with Universal Records Japan in late 2004, he changed his name to "MYV", an appanet shortening of "Miyavi", although magazines and his website still refer to him as "Miyavi" presently.

In addition to his musical career, Miyavi also starred as himself in the 2004 film "Oresama" おれさま and is regularly featured in various J-Rock magazines such as Fools Mate, Arena 37c, and Shoxx Magazine. In the past he has modeled in the Gothic & Lolita Bible and for varios brands such as the clothing line Fotus.

In 2004 Miyavi was scheduled to perform at various conventions in the United States, but was forced to cancel last minute due to staff issues. One of the planned event had been a show at Pacific Media Expo, where the Japanese ban Psycho le Cému acted as a substitute, while another was at Anime Central, where the then-indies band SID was booked as a replacement.

On December 30, 2006 Miyavi put out a message that he would be joining a band. He has yet to disclose the people he will be working with, but it is rumored that he will be joining the Gackt, Sugizo, and Yoshiki (X Japan) project.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:27 pm
who is that...i think i never heard of them???  

Ren_Maaka_V

JapaneseChick813
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:43 pm
Miyavi would be the crazy guy in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwiNB0dfBSk&NR  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:23 am
yeah man he is cry and i like him already ^_^ xd  

Ren_Maaka_V

RenMaaka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:24 am
i saw tha video he is cray but cool xd  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:54 am
Miyavi is teh sex lol
I like the song itoshii hito

x[Mikansei to GUILT]x

Yumera

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:33 pm
Meev is love heart I love his A.D.D. a**. lols so cute! One thing i have to say is his music got way better when he started writing it himself. My favorite would have to be Kimi ni negai wo. http://youtube.com/watch?v=RYnRjSEAxBE music video is wierd, but the song is really good and he's so cute and huggable in pjs!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:31 pm
ok miyavi is my 100% favorite J-Rock artist!! >.< i love his music!! *hugs the air pretending its him*

twilight_pixie

walcalr01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:10 pm
I have a mix of his most current songs and old songs so I can't tell them apart on my mp3 player. but I love Freedom Fighters and kimi ni negai wo.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:34 pm
myv~ rox! senor, senora, senorita ;3  

Dani_Kruspe

twilight_pixie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:45 pm
Dani_Kruspe
myv~ rox! senor, senora, senorita ;3

i love that song!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:52 am
I wuv Miv too. n__n He's cute and crazy... My favorite song by him must be... Uh... There's too many... But at least Boku wa Shitteru, Genki, Pop is Dead, Selfish Love and Dear My Love... They're all amazing songs. How come that almost all my favorite songs by him are from Miyaviuta ~Dokusou~? O.o  

h8 i plz

Little Seraph

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:58 am
my fav song from him is Son of A B*tch

don't ask why. I just do  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:28 pm
Miyavi has been my favorite JRocker for like 5 years now!! heart  

eee-koziko-yamaku

So_Evil__

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:59 am
Miyavi rules! heart  
Music