Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
It doesn't scare me.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mentally Unstable Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:57 am
When confronting a l33t talker, a lot of you people just come here and whine! Text talk doesn't frighten me- It pisses me off. Nothing makes me more angry then some noob who can't spell. I saw a newbie in the welcome forum- so I pm'ed her. I wrote, "Welcome to Gaia! If you need gold, I'll be happy to lend you some." She wrote back, "Ya i need money 2 by stuf" And I wrote back, "You know... You should really use periods. stare " Then she wrote back "Ya watever". That made me FURIOUS. How hard is it to press the little button with the dot on it? And is it really necessary to greet someone like this? "OMG LOL Hihihihi!!!!!11!! dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama " What is wrong with these people? I swear- I'm going to open a Literacy School in the CB.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:01 pm
I do understand what you mean. I was trying to buy something from someone in the exchange forum thing and when the person answered back, I didn't know what the hell he said. Needless to say I didn't buy his stuff.  

hippiepoet1964

hippiepoet1964

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:07 pm
Ummm but I don't whine about it. I really haven't noticed anyone else whining about it either. I think it tends to irritate and aggravate the masses here as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:01 pm
I'm one of the people who become more near enraged. The last noob I saw on this site was an idiot. Here's one of his more literate posts:

it is you not your bye im quiting

(End post)

Yeah. That just ticked me off. Now, he's left the site. Or at least for a little while.  

xPeccavi

little_evil_goth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:33 pm
What is "it is you not your bye im quiting" even supposed to mean? Do people even read what they've writen before they post it?

And on the word "writen" does it have two "t's"? Because I have seen it spelt both ways which caused me confusion. Another annoying but not whinge worthy trait online is spelling between Continents. For example while the rest of the world spells colour "color" here in Australia we spell it with the "u". Does this bother anyone else?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:21 am
little_evil_goth
What is "it is you not your bye im quiting" even supposed to mean? Do people even read what they've writen before they post it?

And on the word "writen" does it have two "t's"? Because I have seen it spelt both ways which caused me confusion. Another annoying but not whinge worthy trait online is spelling between Continents. For example while the rest of the world spells colour "color" here in Australia we spell it with the "u". Does this bother anyone else?
It doesn't really bother me. Though I don't really know why there has to be two different spellings for it.  

Mentally Unstable Kitten

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:48 am
We do not whine. We mock others' acute stupidity.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:15 pm
little_evil_goth

Not really. Here in Canada we spell it with a "u" too. The only time it frustrates me is when Misrosoft Word says it is imcorrectly spelled and underlines it.  

Gilco

Imaginary Tears

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:45 am
little_evil_goth

I spell "colour" and "favourite" with a "u" even though I live in Florida. It's because of Neopets though.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:37 am
. . . Neopets?  

Sighren

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas