Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
*spamalicious* 250 posts Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

can we do it?
yeah!!!!!
72%
 72%  [ 31 ]
no :(
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 43

fashionista468

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:54 pm
lets try to make it to 250 posts!

I be me
If the spam is in its own thread then I don't mind it.
If the guild gets large enough that spam threads swamp the guild then I would change my mind about it.
If it was all over other peoples threads then it would be a little bit rude. Infact I think I will edit a little the title so if you don't want to see spam then you can just ignore the thread

~ Craftin' owner.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:33 pm
we can do it!!!!!  

fashionista468

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:57 pm
please don't spam the forum like this. This guild is -not- about post count, its about crafting.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:24 am
If the spam is in its own thread then I don't mind it.
If the guild gets large enough that spam threads swamp the guild then I would change my mind about it.
If it was all over other peoples threads then it would be a little bit rude. Infact I think I will edit a little the title so if you don't want to see spam then you can just ignore the thread

~ Craftin' owner.  

I be me
Vice Captain

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:51 pm
Maybe to make it fell less like spam and more like a topic for this forum you should post a question of the week... then you could still try for massive posts and have some crafty fun like...

What was your favorite craft as a kid?

Mine? godseyes! (mmm, sticks n yarn)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:11 pm
oooo - those are pretty smile Let's see ... I used to like to make my own paper dolls. I made whole families of paper dolls and clothes for all of them. I even played house with them once in awhile, I think. ^_^

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention friendship bracelets! I loved making those even though I was never very good at making them (at least not compared to some of my highly skillful friends who could make like ... 9-color bracelets and such!)  

flightoftheunicorn

Minathia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:44 pm
sun catchers! take old crayons that are too small to use anymore and shred them up with a butter knife. then put them in between 2 sheets of wax paper and use an iron to meld it all together. i needed help from my mom with the last part, and it was hard to cut them into shapes and keep them stuck together...but they sure were pretty  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:25 pm
Favorite Craft as a kid; Paper Mache, i loved the way the glue felt when i squshed it in my fingers. smile  

ecart

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:36 pm
Minathia
sun catchers! take old crayons that are too small to use anymore and shred them up with a butter knife. then put them in between 2 sheets of wax paper and use an iron to meld it all together. i needed help from my mom with the last part, and it was hard to cut them into shapes and keep them stuck together...but they sure were pretty

Thats really really cool! *starts thinking about doing that now*  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:09 am
Oooh, going on minathia's idea; when I used to be a camp counselor we would take pails full of tiny old crayons and melt them so they were just soft enough to sqush and then have the girls roll them into logs so they could have thier own multicolor crayons. Those went over well  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Kumiko21

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:15 am
my favorite craft was the peg board thiny where you put the beads on the board and then ironed in. When I look back now they are a little dumb....but i L-O-V-E-D doing them  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:17 pm
hmm... beading was fun and so were those latch hook things that you could make pot holders with! i also did a little cross stitch too( i always crafted with my grandmother. we made a doll once)  

peachkitten

hyper_azn_girl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:35 pm
i used to make lanyards all the time when i was little. I learned at summer camp and i would spend hours on end doing them.
Then my mom bought me a lanyard book and i started making big ones with zig zags and swirls biggrin

another fun craft i liked to do was make snakes with my small round knitting room. I still have it too. I tried to make mine as long as possible. Right now my snake is over 50 feet xD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:07 pm
I remember i made my grandmother teach me how to crochet. That didn't go over very well.. She wouldn't teach me anything past a chain stitch so i made a very long chain for my canopy bed that i would get yelled at for having. sad  

ro-zumari-

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:36 am
hyper_azn_girl
i used to make lanyards all the time when i was little. I learned at summer camp and i would spend hours on end doing them.
Then my mom bought me a lanyard book and i started making big ones with zig zags and swirls biggrin

another fun craft i liked to do was make snakes with my small round knitting room. I still have it too. I tried to make mine as long as possible. Right now my snake is over 50 feet xD

Oooh, I used to teach arts and crafts at a girl scout camp, and used to make 8 and 10 string spiral lanyards to make all the camper sgo 'oooooh!' *grin*  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff