YES.
  No.
  What are we talking about? o__o;;
View Results

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:08 pm
*Kudos to any and everyone who gets through this gigantic blob of text.

<< ORIGINAL THREAD >>

I was just browsing the Stephenie Meyer Guild the other day when I came across this thread...Of course I got curious, so I peeked in and before I knew it, I was reading everyone's response and taking it to heart. I hadn't been to the thread yet, so I wasn't about to make any assumptions.

But when I did visit...
Holy crow.
Some of the posts just...ugh.
Just read my post in the link to see.
I've wasted all my anger on this subject...

But basically, what do you guys think?
The "Ever Fallen In Love Wih a Character in a Book" thread's owner replied to the post I made in her thread, and she also sent a PM restating that she and her friends were "not insulting anybody for posting Edward Cullen. It's a little joke we have going. I don't mind the fact that people love Edward Cullen, it just get's a little repetitive, hence the reason my friends started the whole, 'Wiffle Bat' thing."

I'm glad she PMed me with this, because I was a bit offended by her reply in the thread. So I tried to be as respectful as possible (don't know how well that went...) and replied with this:

XxfushigipinayxX
I understand where you guys are coming from. It's not like I don't get annoyed with the constant repeat threads of Twilight that get posted in the forums now and then.

But some Stephenie Meyer fans had a brief disucssion about this...
I won't say who posted this, but it was one of the things that made me interested in seeing what was really going on at your thread:

Quote:
Why is talking about Twilight/New Moon, and Edward Cullen considered spam in the Books Forum?

You see earlier, I was in the "ever fell in love with a character?" thread. I mentioned Edward Cullen and Oliver Wood.
Suddenly, I was bombarded with "*hits you with a wiffle bat*" posts.

Isn't that a bit unfair?
Aren't we simply replying to the topic?

I don't get it.
Why is it we get flamed just because we mention Twilight/New Moon and Edward?

It erks me. =/
Because we ARE on topic, yet we get flamed just for answering the topic question.

So you see, I just dislike the way people who are answering the question in your thread's title suddenly get shot down and told to go somewhere else. If you and your friends really insist on doing that, please at least consider putting some kind of warning. It's...I just don't support the way people who voice the character they like are getting these insults that are considered playful in you and your friends' eyes. I believe one poster who shares your dislike people posting about Edward Cullen told someone, "WE'VE HAD ENOUGH." If that's true, then announce it. But please don't bash somebody for saying they truthfully like a character, whether or not that character is someone you've become annoyed of or not.

So yeah...I wanted it to be clear I understand where her dislike is coming from, but I just didn't agree with how their personal opinions were being carried out.
-Shrugs-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:36 pm
Um, I'm not blonde, but I'm having a blonde moment... Sorry...  

whitebranded2883

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:47 pm
Cullenvampires
Um, I'm not blonde, but I'm having a blonde moment... Sorry...

What's wrong?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:49 pm
Ummm I'm sorry but I don't really understand what you are saying.  

lost_smile

kiyamasho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:37 pm
hmm that happened to me recently. i was on the manga discussion forum so i decided to ask who had read kitchen princess and it was removed from the forum since it was...i didnt even get the reasaon why.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:25 am
@Cullenvampires and lost_smile: Okay, to make a long story short, a thread inthe book forum asked people to share book characters they've fallen in love with before. People who say Edward Cullen get, what they call, "wiffle-batted" and shot down, being told to go somewhere else.

I found it ridiculous, so I posted my opinion. The owner responded and also PMed me, but was very respectable with her message. She agreed that she merely saw it as a joke she and her friends play on people since Twilight seems to be dominating the Book Forum and it's gotten annoying.

I told her I understood, but there are some mature people who post in the thread and still get flamed. Getting flamed for answering the topic of the thread seemed unbelievable to me, so I just wanted to defend any, if not all, people who'd gone through it.

She hasn't replied to my reply yet, but I just got back from the thread again and two more people replied to my post. One I could relate to and respect, the other...not so much. I won't mention her name, but she has posted in ths guild before and angered a couple of people herself...

@kiyamasho: I don't know if that might've been the same situation...When that usually happens, it's just because there weren't a lot of posts or it was a repeat thread. They moved it to the recycle bin, right?

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

kiyamasho

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:17 am
oh yeah that would piss me off too if that would happen to me. why are you going to spam me if i tell you i like edward? he's a book character. so what if your getting tired of twilght/new moon? you asked!!! sweatdrop i get so heated easily redface

they moved my post to the chatterbox. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:33 pm
Oh shoot, haha, I just answered your PM.
Ah well, I see now.

And what you said is exactly what I thought!
"You're getting tired of Twilight? Then tell people you don't want to hear about it in the first post instead of coming at them from nowhere and flaming. You asked, so expect an honest answer."

-sigh- ...I'm going through the posts in the thread and replying to the owner's PM reply right now.
This is tiring me out...but I'm not just going to ignore the replies. I'll answer them repsectfully and see where we can go from there :/

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:54 pm
It's unfair to play a joke if that person is unaware it is a joke.
Thank you for standing up for us Edward lovers, XxfushigipinayxX!
Although, I'm also a fan of literacy - I can understand where the Owner is coming from.
But wiffle bats? Please.
rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:33 pm
Yeow! I can understand where the owner is coming from too. Edward is too perfect. (Do you think it's maybe because of the whole vampire factor? Hmmm...) But like complex_ity_ said, it's more like bullying if the other person isn't part of it. ....I sounded like my teacher for a moment. shock:
Anyway, XxfushigipinayxXm, high five for replying in a mature way! New Romantic and the PortofShip (especially the PortofShip!), on the other hand, replied immaturely. Then again, I might be biased. xd
P.S. I LOVE Wes! He's so cool. 3nodding And I know some people might kill met, but I actually wished Bella would get together with Jacob. You know, this is the problem with books. They create these wonderful images and set these high expectations for men that they can't possibly fulfill, and women just end up disappointed.
P.S.S. Yeeaaah. I totally got off topic. blaugh  

ignore-account_closed

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:59 pm
You guys rock cry

With all the crap that's been happening lately (on Gaia and IRL), I've been starting to get a little down.
It's nice to see I'm not defending nothing.

EDIT: Oh Cullen, what a day...
I just got back from a huge dilemma with my family.

But I guess life works in mysterious ways, because I feel better about the "Ever Fallen in Love With a Character from a Book" thread. Portofships apologized (and so did I for cursing at her), and what she said was just great to read after what happened at home. While one weight's been added to my shoulders, one was taken off. Maybe life's not such a b***h after all rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I sat outside my front window.. this story's going somewhere.
    I read the whole thing. @_@

And I do find it quite ridiculous. Don't people have a right to like (and sometimes worship XD) Twilight? I mean, people do that all the time with Harry Potter, for example, and are they getting hit by wiffle bats? I don't think so.

And, fushigipinay, I think you're being very mature in handling this matter while the wiffle-bat bashers.. aren't. =[

Shigures Editor

kiyamasho

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:22 pm
well im glad thats over.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:27 pm
@Shigure's Editor: Thank you

@kiyamasho: That goes double---no, a hundred times over for me...

Funny, nobody else has posted in the thread since then. Other than the girl right after me who said she fell for the Weasley (sp?) twins anyway. Maybe it's for the best right now...Imagine the heat getting us even more heated @__@

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

kanangirl123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:38 pm
Personally, i dont know why people would bother, its gone from a funny/entertaining forum topic to a hate discussion. Besides, its not our fault if Edward is so easy to fall in love with 3nodding  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff