Reply 51: Philosophy.
Philosophy Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

book of darkness

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:24 pm
ok i want to know what you guys think is the best Philosophy of all. it can be one for anything it doesnt matter.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:45 pm

Well, are you talking an over-all philosophy or things for more specific matters? ninja Many specific philosophies are contained within larger philosophies.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Ai_90

Dangerous Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:49 pm
it's all the same to me
a wise direction to life  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:38 pm
it can be any that u want to put.  

book of darkness

Wertish

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:48 pm
:/ What happened to the subforum?

Makes me sad....no real debates or conversations I wanna jump in on.....and yes I know this is pointless, but I'm just saying  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:14 pm

[off topic] What do you mean what happened to it? confused like all the sub-forums here, there are more and less active periods it goes through. If you find this unsatisfactory, like everybody else, you are free to make new threads. I have not personally been making new threads even though it's been slow at the moment purely because I've been busy and this slow pace is one that suits my ability to keep up with. If things are still slow when my time is freed up I intend to work on getting things going again myself. 3nodding [/off topic]

[on topic] I think an example of a quick, simple, and small, but good "philosophy" is the saying "you reap what you sow." wink [/on topic]

bluecherry
Vice Captain

book of darkness

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:50 pm
u know if u want to debat u should start one. i myself wouldnt mind that one bit.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:21 am
I don't stand for a certain school.I just red them,trying to understand and then come out with my own views.  

nonnos

Pro-Idiot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:59 pm
I haven't yet really tested this philosophy but I believe that everything works if it is balanced. Everything in the universe that works is balanced . For example the food chain.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:43 pm

Ah yes, but part of the challenge of that idea is how you define "balance" for various unique categories, subjects, situations, and so on. Some things you may not be able to define a balance for a situation even to test that idea out. And in some cases the question is what aspect needs to be balanced. Like say for example somebody could spend half of their waking hours drunk and/or high and half sober. That's balanced right? However, half of your waking hours every day spent totally incoherent will still leave you incapable to do most jobs and can and usually WILL get you fired for being an unproductive employee. In this case there was a balance present, yet it still caused a break down in function.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Pro-Idiot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:28 pm
Yeah but those balances don't compliment each other and by doing half your day drinking, your not balancing yourself in a good way. I guess the word moderation would best apply to those situatins. Don't do too much of anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:46 pm
Well you could look at it as the balance of balances, with a new one an old one had to go.

My philosophy, life is nothing but individual perspective. Which can be proven through science.  

Aki Norikaeru

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:57 pm

A subjectivist then, eh? You do not believe in any sort of universal human rights then? Alright, then I'll pose a hypothetical situation. Suppose somebody has/adopts/finds/steals or in some other way acquires a child. This person, for no more reason than to see if they could do it or just for kicks, raises the child in a way to instill in the child, to the point of brainwashing pretty much, the idea that killing people unprovoked is a good and proper thing to do (while making sure the child would never kill them of course.) This child then after reaching about the age of adult hood is released into a grocery store parking lot by the person who raised it and told to go off and do as it would because they are now an adult and the person was done with taking care of the former child. You were walking out of the grocery store and are the first person spotted by the former child. You never even saw the person before you were too crippled to fight back and defend yourself. You are killed in a matter of minutes by a person who truly believes what they are doing is right and good. Does this belief that what they are doing is good actually make it so and give them the right to deprive you of your life when you have done nothing to harm them in any way prior?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:48 pm
lol I always get people thinking that I mean that in the ten year-old way. We live through experiences and those experiences are based on how we view them, and how we view them determines how we react. Add that to the fact that we can only comprehend things when we have something else to compare it to. Through that little tid bit I believe everything must have an opposite to balance or to be compared to the original subject in question. Heck even time is man made, the relativity theory. Also, when you look at it without prejudice than yes the action is justified, but given your perspective, it is not justified. xp Though I would not stand for it, and, as I see it fit, the person would have to be removed from my relative world, by force is necessary. So, have you had experience in dealing with these ten year-olds?  

Aki Norikaeru

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:55 am

Technically, as far as humans experience things, we've never had an opposite/absence/alternative to "time" that we've experienced. We first developed a concept of "time" and from there the only real alternative we've got to time (as far as I know of, correct me if I'm wrong) is we've come up with the concept of "time and said to ourselves "now imagine if it stopped." We don't actually have anything to compare it too, we had to make up our idea of the thing and then the absence of said thing. I wouldn't say time itself is man made at all, just how we define it is.

Also, people's view points are influenced by their experiences -- it's a two way street. Past experience can change how you view something and therefore how you react to other things in relation.

Wow. You really think that being "objective" requires everybody's thoughts and judgments to be just as valid as anybody else's? neutral Does the guy who insists 2+2=7 and claims some warped math system he has as part of a "moral" system he has hold just as much validity in what you would say is being "objective"? But actually, while I have spoken to many people with such views, they tend to be from the ages of 12-15 mostly with the occasional grumpy middle aged person who's bound and determined to take whatever view point is as cynical and/or defeatist in attitude as possible.

51: Philosophy.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff